Offroad Tech Discussion pertaining to additions or questions which improve off-road ability, recovery and safety, such as suspension, body lifts, lockers etc
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Old man emu ifs lift questions

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2017, 04:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Old man emu ifs lift questions

About ready to order the complete lift, 1.75 inch lift rear springs shocks torsion bars etc, little concerned about cranking torsion bars for front lift, anyone running this lift, how is the ride etc.
Old 01-07-2017, 07:54 PM

what are you putting it on?
Old 01-07-2017, 08:50 PM

Originally Posted by HELL4CIOUS
what are you putting it on?
1993 Toyota Xtra cab 4x4
Old 01-07-2017, 08:56 PM

Any time you have to crank torsion bars/keys, its kinda -iffy, doesn't matter what kind of lift brand, price, etc., I would keep it all the way in the back of my mind. When it comes to OME, my personal experience is the springs sagged rather quickly on my '06 Taco as well as on my sisters '03 4runner. Hope that helps
Old 01-07-2017, 10:12 PM

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
I'm happy with my OME stuff. I would get the whole kit like you mentioned. I think it's the perfect kit for our trucks to run up to a 33" tire with little modifications.

I only got the medium duty leafs and shocks and stabilizer. I kept stock shackles but could use more height from a longer shackle after everything broke in and because of the tires. i didn't get the tbars before because I didn't have the extra money at the time, and it functions fine as is. But if I ever put a winch bumper on the front I will likely want them, I believe they're thicker diameter. So yeah i would get them.

My final ride height after a few years is around 22.5" from center of axle to bottom of fender on pretty much all 4 corners - it's a 93 xcab w/33x12.5s. Front took a little more work to make the tires fit, but they do. I have BJ spacers and no swaybar, both of which are optional. I ended up triangulating my rear shocks after a while too, to get more articulation.

Truck still sees truck duty on occasion to pick up loads of compost or and mulch etc and it doesn't drop much in height.