Offroad Tech Discussion pertaining to additions or questions which improve off-road ability, recovery and safety, such as suspension, body lifts, lockers etc
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MasterFlow & SuperFlow air compressor MF-1050 & MV-50

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2007, 03:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Tools R Us
The gauge reads head pressure when running, so about 5 psi higher than tire pressure.

Be careful of your choices if you change any of the fittings. These compressors don't have any shutoff or blow off protection, so all fittings must be free flow, vented type. If the more common sealed type fittings are used and the pump is left running even for a few seconds very high pressures can be produced blowing lines, fittings, heads, etc off with high velocity!
Thanks for the heads up. I figured I'd get some sort of free flowing adapter. I see the Q89 comes with the same hose setup, but has an extra section that screws into the end and adds a few inches and a clip on valve.

I also keep the compressor close enough to keep one hand on the switch to shut it off to check pressure constantly.
Old 04-15-2007, 11:29 AM

I figured I'd post an update about my compressor with pics for the rest of you with the same thing and same problem. I finally found what I needed to fix my 1 main problem with this: the cord is too short to reach the rear wheels. I could barely reach the driver side one, but needed to borrow a set of jumper cables to reach the passenger side. I actually partially welded the original clamps when they bumped together doing that tire. Needless to say that won't happen again!

I've been looking for new/heavier clamps to hold it to the battery better and heavy enough cable to use. All I could find for clamps were identical to the ones I already had. Never made it to lowes to check on wire since I couldn't find good clamps. I ended up getting a set of el-cheapo jumper cables from Autozone ($10). Granted, I would probably not USE them as jumper cables as they're half the thickness and 1/3 the price of others, but they're good enough for this. In fact, the thickness is overkill but where else could I get the clamps and wire for less? (As a side note, I now have 2 spare clamps to replace the grounding clamp on my welder!)

I cut the clamps off one end, spliced into the compressor's cord, and viola! These cables being thinner works out well as they are very flexible and can be coiled up to fit in the bag (and zip it closed no less!). So now I have 18 feet of cord to reach just about anywhere on the truck.

Cables used:
Name:  compressormod1.jpg
Views: 625
Size:  94.2 KB

Cables spliced together, solder, shrink tubed, and wrapped twice in electrical tape to help avoid getting pulled apart.
Name:  compressormod2.jpg
Views: 611
Size:  89.2 KB

Close up:
Name:  compressormod3.jpg
Views: 633
Size:  110.9 KB

In the bag:
Name:  compressormod4.jpg
Views: 687
Size:  117.4 KB
Old 07-20-2007, 05:04 PM

Costco compressor "Q-Maxx" model #1052

This compressor is made by the same company that makes the MF-1050/MV 50, but is not the exact same unit. After multiple phone calls/emails to "Q Industries/DV Innovations", I finally received an email that stated there were no "significant differences" between the "Q-Maxx" MF 1052 (Costco) and the "Tsunami" MF1050. I finally also received a phone call from "Tami?" @ DV Innovations who was very evasive regarding any of the questions I asked regarding the manufacture/performance/differences of both units! I purchased both units and compared the specs, etc. and they look EXACTLY the same except for the box they come in. However, the "maximum restart pressure" for the #1052 is 90 lbs. and the #1050 is 150 lbs. The "maximum operating temperature" for the #1052 is 90 degrees and the # 1050 is 140 degrees. I asked her repeatedly if they were different units and she said yes, but not "significantly"....I bought the "Tsunami MV 1050 for $10 more than Costcos "Q-MAXX" and returned the Q-MAXX. JMHO
Old 07-20-2007, 05:34 PM

pep boys has the 1050 for $50
Old 07-23-2007, 08:20 AM

MV-50 compressor

I am running one of the MV-50 compressors on my truck as an OBA using a Viair 110/150 pressure switch and a 2.5gal airtank(might be adding the other 2.5 gal tank as well). It works okay. I can actually use it to run air tools but I can do one lugnut at a time, and then wait for the tank to refill. It is not a bad deal since I also carry around a 10lb Powertank. I have the compressor hardmounted under the hood under my airfilter behind the left headlight.
Old 05-31-2009, 07:32 PM

I need a part for mine. Can you tell me how to contact Q industries?
Many thanks,
Bryan
Old 06-01-2009, 10:19 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by bryanbdp
I need a part for mine. Can you tell me how to contact Q industries?
Many thanks,
Bryan
Funny I get asked this a lot through PM's.

I have a long and complicated story about this company but will just answer the question...

Their newest website is now www.masterflowair.com (email contact only). It has a replacement parts link but it lacks a few parts.

I got the phone number from an insider, crazy story about that but here it is for all you Google searchers that keep contacting me. Feel free to call them direct and demand the part you need 954-689-2263

If you get the voice mail, www.qindustriesstore.net no longer exists. When it did a couple months ago, It wasn't even worth visiting.

With all the attention these air compressors have had over the years, I'm very disappointed in how they conduct business for the consumer.

Good luck.