Offroad Tech Discussion pertaining to additions or questions which improve off-road ability, recovery and safety, such as suspension, body lifts, lockers etc
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

BJ Spacers and loosening the T-Bars, too soft?

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2005, 11:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BJ Spacers and loosening the T-Bars, too soft?

Hello all,

I have a bit of problems this days deciding what to do...

I would like to put the BJ Spacers and LC coils in my 2nd Gen 4Runner but here we have the ˟˟˟˟˟ing tech inspection that makes impossible to do that without paying an engineer...

I have +4cm coils (1.6'') at the moment, and my front is 2cm (0.8'') lower than the rear.

I want to put BJ Spacers to get extra travel but I only need half the height of them, 2cm.

Options are:

1) Put 2cm BJ Spacers. I get the desired height but only 2cm more travel

2) Put 4cm BJ Spacers and loose the T-Bars 2cm, so the total height gained is 2cm

I'm a bit concerned about the opcion 2... I run without front swaybar, stock bumper and T-Bars and I'm worried about this setup being too soft... I really like the front suspension feeling now...

Can you help me about how will become the front suspension?

Maybe I switch to Rancho RS9000 shocks, would this help?

Thanks,

David
Old 10-10-2005, 11:33 PM
Banned

cranking down the tbars is fine... it actually doesnt change the preload.. the preload is still the same contrary to popular belief.....

and since no one beleives half the stuff i say, this was stuff robinhood told me and he has it on his website also.....

http://www.robinhood4x4.com/suspension2.htm
Old 10-10-2005, 11:34 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I don't think you will notice the softness when driving. If anything slightly stiffer shock valving will take care of you.

I am switching to coilovers which are a lot softer than the t-bars. I also have no sway bar. If it is too soft in the quick sections or has toomuch body roll, I will simply revalve my shocks to be stiffer.
Old 10-11-2005, 12:17 AM

Thanks dudes,

I thought the susp will become softer because a lot of people says that when cranked the T-Bars are stiff and they add BJ Spacers and relax the bars to be able to flex.

I'll put then 4cm BJ Spacers and loose a bit the bars, and when I'm done to put LC Coils I'll only have to adjust the bars.

I've lost the Rancho RS9000 part # for the front with BJ Spacers, do you have it handy?

Thanks a lot for your replies. I will read the Robinhood's tech later, I must go work now.

David
Old 10-11-2005, 02:18 PM

I've a little question...

Can I run with Rancho 99136 front shocks without BJ Spacers? They're the ones I read here on YT to run with BJ Spacers.
I ask this because a friend of mine is interested in my current OME shocks and I want to swap to Ranchos, so while I don't have the BJ Spacers I'd have to run those...

Thanks,

David