99+ Tundra, 00+ Sequoia, 98+ Land Cruiser/LX470 Late model full size trucks and SUVs
Old 03-23-2016, 02:39 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:Browse all: Toyota Tundra Exterior Guides
Print Wikipost

Toyota Tundra Paint Problems - Action Needed!

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2008, 02:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Toyota Tundra Paint Problems - Action Needed!

Hi All...

I'm an 08 Crewmax owner, and whilst I love the truck... the paint is beyond crap. I've noticed quite a few others have the same problem, and when I bought the truck, I saw the adverts, you know... the truck skidding round, having tons of stuff shoved in the back, grrrrr... its a meaty, tough, truck that'd stand up to the day-to-day action and more.

How wrong I was.

The paint looks as though it was blown on by a 13 year old Thai ladyboy from 6 feet away (well, actually it would probably be better!). It appears as though its one coat over primer, with no clear coat.

Now, I believed Toyota's hype about the truck, and whilst I love every part of it... the paints a huge problem, with several scratches around the truck in the first 2 weeks over careful ownership and the back bed (which you would think would be the most protected probably with what should be similar to the rock guard) has been scratched deeply down to the primer simply by putting in a bed mat.

This is not good enough. Toyota (despite having to confirm to EPA regulations) has SEVERELY skimped on the paint on this truck and got it wrong..

So.. I've setup a petition at http://friendsite.com/users/petition...t+Quality.html

If you're a Tundra owner, and want to complain, then I'd really appreciate it if you could spend 2 seconds signing the petition - you don't have to be a member and no registration is required - I'd also really appreciate it if you could get the word out and get as many people as possible to sign this petition. Once sufficient signatures have been reached then I intend to take this Toyota and the press. Thanks All!
Old 05-06-2008, 06:16 PM
Banned

Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts
Not sure I agree with you there CheekyRick. I have an 08 Tundra CrewMax that has less than 4K on it and it got beat to crap in a hail storm (over $3k damage for the paintless dent removal guy) and not one chip or crack in the paint...and it is BLACK paint so if it had a flaw you can be damn sure it would show up.

As far as the bed goes, the bed is going to get scratched...get over it or drive an SUV.

Last edited by waskillywabbit; 05-06-2008 at 06:17 PM.