Early Land Cruisers All solid front axles and Land Cruiser series - 25, 40, 45, 55, 60, 62, and 80

Found a LC local, owner wants me to make an offer, help!

Old 04-03-2014, 06:44 AM
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Found a LC local, owner wants me to make an offer, help!

Here’s the rundown, I’ve been driving past this LC for the last 6 months, it’s been in the same parking spot and the state inspection has been dead since Oct. of 2013. I decided to put a note on the truck yesterday to see what they are doing with it. They called me back today; it’s a 1988 with 160,000 miles. It was garaged until they inherited it a few years back, the guy said it needs a tune up that it’s hard to start, he said he replaced the alternator and some reverse fuel regulator, that his father in-law bought it new and had 7 coats of undercoating sprayed under it when it was new. That could be a good thing or could be hiding lots of rust. Anyway the front bumper is bent, the windshield is cracked, tires are all low but it does look like it will clean right up with some elbow grease, the paint and body do look to be pretty strait and clean. They basically told me to make them an offer on it that they want it to go to a good home, I have no idea if the AC works, if it the trans shifts OK, etc etc. My question is, what do you think a fair, cash Ill have it towed today offer would even be for one of these and if I get it for the right price, is there a market for them as I really don’t “need” another truck I just hate seeing it rot in an apt. building parking lot. I can do more or less everything myself with the exception of the windshield replacement… Any input would really be greatly appreciated on this one! Thanks guys, Matt