RC Vehicles Discussion on remote controlled vehicles of all types

RC Rockcrawlers

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2003, 09:13 AM
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Plays_with_toys, I love the prerunner bars! they look so good on the first gens. This thing even has a winch!

click here for more

Looking into the TXT-1, the Tamiya 3-speed realistic RC's are way too expensive. I dont think I'm gonna be able to play with this stuff till I save and get a locker for my 4runner first!
Old 11-22-2003, 10:08 AM

INs, look around on ebay, there are cars in there that are used clodbusters, juggernauts and TXT-1s, alot of them are already modified and have running gear (motors, speed controllers, and radio). The TXT-1 you could get for about $450, (that includes radio, manual speed controller (electronics are far better, but MSCs can be used in mud),and the kit itself.

Like I said, anyone interested in this stuff has to go to www.rcmt.net ! (ahhh... did I say .com the first time???)

There are for sale forums and you can get crazy deals there. That truck with the prerunner bar and winch, that belongs to Hua, who owns rc4wd.com, he gives discounts to RCMT members.
Old 11-22-2003, 10:12 AM

Check out this guy's truck, it uses mammoth dump truck tires to make it look like a real crawler:

http://www.outerlimits4x4.com/PHP_Mo...pic.php?t=9562
Old 11-28-2003, 09:32 PM

here is my money pit..its no crawler but it does 50MPH and can do wheelies and jump like a monster....

and yes its a jeep......with a real bad paint job, sorry guys but no 4-runner bods
Old 11-28-2003, 11:08 PM
Contributing Member

Go for the T-Maxx

I have mine maxxed out at 52 MPH...My e-maxx topped at about 40-41. I also have a Team Associated RC10TC3...topped out at 61...fast little thing, it'll break your ankle if you're not careful.

Fink
Old 11-29-2003, 06:55 AM

Knemo, that Jeep is ridin on 20's! haha

still kinda searchin, I don't want any real expensive, because I am starting to save for the SAS!

Also, I want something that is OK in mud, but more for crawling and stuff.
Old 11-29-2003, 03:46 PM

You're looking at about $500 no matter which way you go. RC has a very high entry cost, because you need all the equipment and tools. You can go ebay, but there have been some scams of late, with pictures on the bid no less.

If you want a crawler, don't go nitro, if you do alot of crawling, you will burn out your clutch. Go emaxx if you want to crawl and have speed. Anything can go in mud, but a nitro will do so easier. You just have to secure everything if you wanna mud in an electric. www.rccaraction.com has an online article on mud/water proofing a car.

Emaxx would probably be your cheapest option (other than ebay). It is an RTR truck, all you would need is batteries. www.towerhobbies.com has some of the best prices anywhere, especially for kits. Also, great turnaround time.
Old 11-29-2003, 06:11 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by 4x4Fink
Go for the T-Maxx

I have mine maxxed out at 52 MPH...My e-maxx topped at about 40-41. I also have a Team Associated RC10TC3...topped out at 61...fast little thing, it'll break your ankle if you're not careful.

Fink
Did you have an actual radar on that TC3?? because that would require some serious hop ups. My Schumacher fusion did 62 with the mid speed gears. Thats a .21 three speed, compared to the TC3's .12 and one speed tranny. Major props if you did it. I am working on breaking 90mph problem now is space to do it and visibility. I am working on a custon tranny and light weight everything. Problem here as been durability. Even a slight accident at 80mph means major damage.
Old 11-29-2003, 09:06 PM
Contributing Member

I borrowed my cousins radar gun for a weekend...hes a cop

I have all aluminum parts, frame, shock mounts, shocks, wheels etc. Its been a while since I have cranked that sucker up...actually been about a year. I've been concentrating on my truck and my T-Maxx...

90mph would be insane!!

Fink
Old 11-30-2003, 07:13 AM

I completely forgot I had this RC car, it was in my closest for all these years. Well it has 2 solid axles but the articulation is kinda crappy compared to the pics posted in this thread. Well its not that bad for "stock" RC. Is there any sites where I can buy parts for a electric RC truck?

Last edited by Vato Loco; 11-30-2003 at 07:14 AM.
Old 11-30-2003, 08:59 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It looks like a Radio Shack rc truck, which means no parts or upgrades. I however do not konw my prehistoric rc vehicles very well so you might wana get a second opinion.
Old 11-30-2003, 01:59 PM
Contributing Member

I seriously doubt you will find any upgrades for that. I guess you could always get a new set of stickers for it.
Old 11-30-2003, 02:03 PM

Yeah thats a radioshack.

Is it 4WD? It looks like the motors are mounted to the axles??? If so you have a base for a pretty sweet, and low cost truck. You would just ditch everything but the electronics, axles, and tires. Then build up a frame, add some links, some oil shocks, and voila, a crawler is yours.

BTW, I am desiging an RC from the ground up; here is is so far:

Projected cost for me to make this is $350, without running gear(motor, radio, batteries, servos). 4WD, 4WS, Crazy articulation, option for dual motors, aluminum frame and axles. It will be mine by may, or else I will have failed my engineering class goals.
Old 11-30-2003, 02:07 PM

And check out this beast from RCMT:

Old 11-30-2003, 02:51 PM

thats really cool....good find
Old 11-30-2003, 03:39 PM

Originally posted by momo.75
I seriously doubt you will find any upgrades for that. I guess you could always get a new set of stickers for it.
Yeah I just removed the stickers today......man are they ugly. Play_With_Toys, yeah the truck is 4WD, it has 2 gears, one for very rough terrain and the other one for speed.
Old 11-30-2003, 03:57 PM

ooo! ooo! RC trucks! hehe

Here's the latest incarnation of my Clod:

http://www.wattora.com/chrisco_work/RC/Clod1.jpg
http://www.wattora.com/chrisco_work/..._Robs_Tire.jpg

(Sorry for the crappy quality shots)

Specs: 20 turn Traxxus Stinger motors (only 'cuz some punk ran off with one of the 17 turn motors I had in there). R/C version of welded diffs (hot glue on the gears works great ), snow chains, Super Rooster ESC, custom bumpers (about ready for a rebuild), hitch, and a trailer under construction to haul the buggy and Traxxus 4Tec around

That Bruiser up the line is awesome. Like Plays_with_Toys said, RCMT.Net. There's tons of good info out there. I haven't been out there in a long time, since before they started screening everyone, 'cuz I got my Cruiser, and haven't had time to mess with RC stuff I keep saying I'm going to get back into it, but I never do... Just run 'em around occasionally now...

ChrisCo
Old 11-30-2003, 06:14 PM

RC info

Go to RCUNIVERSE.COM and click on the cars link. Then there will be a moster truck link and all the info you could want. A good nitro rockcrawler is the X-factor by XTM. You can check it out at Hobbypeople.net. A good electric is the older Clodbuster with some mods. The X-factor has power on tap with 2.5 HP, 2-speed transmission(40MPH) and awesome articulation
Old 12-01-2003, 06:29 AM
Contributing Member

haha, yeah!!!! I am getting an HPI Savage 25 for Christmas!!!! dang wife wrapped it and won't let me run it until the 25th though, it sits under the tree calling out to me!!!!!
Old 12-01-2003, 01:57 PM

You should see my friend Jason's savage. He has his own RC light business, he has a hummer H1 body with 59 lights on it! Headlighs, turn signals, brake, reverse, wheel well glow, neon under truck, work truck above the windshield and foglights. Its pretty crazy.

Quick Reply: RC Rockcrawlers