RC Vehicles Discussion on remote controlled vehicles of all types

R/C cars

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2004, 09:53 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
{late to the game here}

I have 2 complete Kyosho Vannings, one more for parts, and a semi-stock Clodbuster.

Here's a reference pic of what a Vanning is (mine look a bit more used than that!):

It's a 1/8 scale _4WD_ buggy circa a long time ago. Power comes from an OS 21 and it'll top out around 45mph. It's a LOT of fun.

I also have two helicopters (Piccolo electric and a Raptor) and a couple of boats.
Old 07-29-2004, 05:30 PM
AUJWE

Originally Posted by DuB
Does anyone else own one? I used to be into R/C cars about 6 years ago, and just recently got back into the hobby. I had forgotten how fun it was, and how EXPENSIVE it is!

I picked up a RC10T4 Team Kit, Novak Super Sport brushless motor/esc, and an Airtronics MX3 fm radio to control it. Man, it all adds up quick! Batteries, charger, tires, wheels, replacement parts, hop-up parts, etc etc.
I also have a RC10T4 Team truck with a Novak SS setup. It is definitely fast. Sounds like the same setup as yours except I use a Futaba radio. I also have a HPI Savage 25. I know what you mean about it all adding up quickly.
Old 08-29-2004, 01:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by JSB
Man I haven't been on radiocontrolzone in forever. I need to stop by there. I haven't messed with my car for a while now. It's just sitting collecting dust. I wonder what I could get for it.

HMMM.... can i have more details on it?? how much would u like to sell it for? i'd shell out 100 bux for it . i could't go over 200 though i'm saving my money for my future yota.

Nice cars everybody! keep those pics comin!

everybody should stop by the forums at www.radiocontrolzone.com and sign up. Great help, tons of people, and little questions like "what spur gear fits this silly car" will be answered! hehe..
Old 08-29-2004, 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by midiwall
{late to the game here}

I have 2 complete Kyosho Vannings, one more for parts, and a semi-stock Clodbuster.

Here's a reference pic of what a Vanning is (mine look a bit more used than that!):

It's a 1/8 scale _4WD_ buggy circa a long time ago. Power comes from an OS 21 and it'll top out around 45mph. It's a LOT of fun.

I also have two helicopters (Piccolo electric and a Raptor) and a couple of boats.
DUDE!! that vanning is awsome i've seen a picture of one in RCCA, whatever you do do NOT just get rid of it, that thing is a collectible i think... i know i'd love to have one... i like the chain drive, i think it's a cool feature.
Old 10-01-2004, 04:50 PM

so anyone else into RC? thought i'd ask again to see if anyone else is.
Old 10-01-2004, 05:06 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by AUJWE
I also have a RC10T4 Team truck with a Novak SS setup. It is definitely fast. Sounds like the same setup as yours except I use a Futaba radio. I also have a HPI Savage 25. I know what you mean about it all adding up quickly.
you haven't sent me any recent photo;s of that electric bad boy either,

here's my Savage 25, before I rammed AUJWE's at full speed, hahahaha!!

Old 10-01-2004, 07:44 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i have a shumacher fusion, right now i have it tweaked out at 84mph ...... want to get to 100mph but space and eye sight are limiting me now.
Old 10-02-2004, 12:06 AM
AUJWE

Originally Posted by keisur
you haven't sent me any recent photo;s of that electric bad boy either,
here's my Savage 25, before I rammed AUJWE's at full speed, hahahaha!!
Yeah you no driving sorry @@@. I haven't driven my Savage in about 3 months. I have been extrememly busy with school and only have time to get the electric one out and drive in the road. My neighbor bought a T-Maxx of e-Bay and put some new motors in it. That thing has torque to spare. But, my little brushless truck still smokes him. The top speeds are about the same(we could both change gearing easily) but mine beats him to it. He gets mad and it cracks me up. I did put my Savage back together and got all the batteries for it charged up. So, I am half-way there to running it. I just need an afternoon when I can spend some time tuning it because it will need it. Let me try to dig up some pics of the electric truck.....
...here's the brushless kit before it went in:

...here's the finished body. I put the window decals on the outside because I didn't want to be able to see in it.

I don't have any finished pics but I can tell you that it was fun to build. Had to put together everything. It is a lot less stressful to run that one than the Savage.
Here's pic from Savage day one. It looks a lot different now. Has a new pipe on it that hasn't even been ran yet.

Dual disc brakes. Bling Bling.

I will get some pics of the two together.
Old 10-02-2004, 12:08 AM
AUJWE

Originally Posted by phorunninduke
i have a shumacher fusion, right now i have it tweaked out at 84mph ...... want to get to 100mph but space and eye sight are limiting me now.
I have heard those things are crazy fast. I have seen some videos of Shumacher R/Cs. I bet space is a problem. You need a runway and an over-head view to run it right.
Old 10-02-2004, 03:49 AM
Contributing Member

just run it on the interstate, they do on "B" movies. hehe.

I've always wanted one of those F1's like the fusion but man. the Savage is costly enough for me.
Old 10-02-2004, 09:49 AM
AUJWE

I've always wanted one of those F1's like the fusion but man. the Savage is costly enough for me.
Yeah, you could always find an empty stretch of straight highway and ride in the passenger seat of a car. And have someone drive behind the R/C. Or hang out of a sun-roof if you had one. That would be a good way to clock top speed too. Just don't run over the R/C.
Old 10-02-2004, 10:01 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by AUJWE
I have heard those things are crazy fast. I have seen some videos of Shumacher R/Cs. I bet space is a problem. You need a runway and an over-head view to run it right.

yeah a runway would rock, but with the distance and perspective it would be soo hard to keep her straight.

on the last run we had a net to catch it, it was still increasing speed as i hit the breaks and it flew into the net.

about the best thing was to drive it towards me, only way i could keept it straight.

lots of other problems with shift points ( 3 speed ) spring rates, tires, and all that too.
Old 10-02-2004, 10:04 AM
Banned

Its a 1/10 scale car. All wheel drive too. only way you can get the power to the ground.

and you wana talk $$$ It is all carbon fiber and titainium now. thing is i hate it. i want out of this hobby, but its like a drug everytime i break i spend money i cant help it. I HAVE MORE INTO THIS R/C CAR THAN I DO MY 4RUNNER !
Old 10-02-2004, 12:10 PM

What a coincidence....I used to be into R/C cars, and have recently been wanting to get back into it. I have an old School Tamiya Falcon buggy, and a Tamiya F1 car. I want to get a HPI RS4 rally now that I have a job and can afford it. Do they still make RS4 Rallys? All the sites I've checked don't list them anymore, and one even said "discontinued." I'm thinkin bout drivin up to Hobby People today after work and picking one up if they have them.
Old 10-02-2004, 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by Javin028
What a coincidence....I used to be into R/C cars, and have recently been wanting to get back into it. I have an old School Tamiya Falcon buggy, and a Tamiya F1 car. I want to get a HPI RS4 rally now that I have a job and can afford it. Do they still make RS4 Rallys? All the sites I've checked don't list them anymore, and one even said "discontinued." I'm thinkin bout drivin up to Hobby People today after work and picking one up if they have them.
check www.towerhobbies.com and don't just search for "rs4 rally" try going by their topics and getting down to the list of cars in the category, because chances are it's been updated and has a newer version.

Is that the only rc you'd buy? there are tons out there....
Old 10-02-2004, 03:03 PM
Contributing Member

ahhh towerhobbies, i have an uncle and a cousin that work there. Its a COOL place
Old 10-02-2004, 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by Figit090
check www.towerhobbies.com and don't just search for "rs4 rally" try going by their topics and getting down to the list of cars in the category, because chances are it's been updated and has a newer version.

Is that the only rc you'd buy? there are tons out there....
Nah, it's not the only r/c I'd buy. It just one that I'm interested. I'm leaning towards a rally car. Do you have suggestions for others?
Old 10-02-2004, 03:22 PM

hmm.... nope. lemmie look around tower a bit. For now i'd STRONGLY suggest you click the link in my profile and go to "cars" and look around, if you can't...sign up. you'll thank me. there are thousands there willing to help and you can get a thread going in under 4 min. on that topic... with more people that actually run rally cars...i have a t-maxx, but i'll still help u out and see whats available and looks good. HPI seems nice though. I'll look through my RCCA (radio control car action) magazines for a shootout and reviews on rally cars ok?

good luck!
Old 10-02-2004, 03:42 PM
AUJWE

Originally Posted by outdoorfever
ahhh towerhobbies, i have an uncle and a cousin that work there. Its a COOL place
Can you hook us up with some family discounts and deals? I have givern TowerHobbies plenty of money already. More than enough to buy a S/C for my truck.
Old 10-02-2004, 03:45 PM
AUJWE

Originally Posted by Javin028
Nah, it's not the only r/c I'd buy. It just one that I'm interested. I'm leaning towards a rally car. Do you have suggestions for others?
There are lots of times when I wish my T4 was 4WD. That brushless motor setup makes it hard to control sometimes. But, that also makes it fun and impressive.

They still make them. I looked at them before I bought my T4.
HPI RS4 Rally

Sorry, Tower is saying discontinued. But, you could always look on eBay.

Last edited by AUJWE; 10-02-2004 at 03:52 PM.

Quick Reply: R/C cars