RC Vehicles Discussion on remote controlled vehicles of all types

R/C cars

Old 02-06-2004, 07:24 AM
DuB

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
R/C cars

Does anyone else own one? I used to be into R/C cars about 6 years ago, and just recently got back into the hobby. I had forgotten how fun it was, and how EXPENSIVE it is!

I picked up a RC10T4 Team Kit, Novak Super Sport brushless motor/esc, and an Airtronics MX3 fm radio to control it. Man, it all adds up quick! Batteries, charger, tires, wheels, replacement parts, hop-up parts, etc etc.

The cool part is that I got three friends to buy cars too And there's two more who are going to join in soon as well after seeing how much fun us four were having

I have some pics here.

What other forums other than RCU do you guys read?
Old 02-06-2004, 07:30 AM
Contributing Member

I have an RC car that I haven't raced for 8 years. Its a Tamya Celica All Trac. It went around 35MPH and is AWD. Pretty fun to race, I just don't have the time to play with it.
Old 02-06-2004, 07:37 AM
DuB

check this thing out!
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...category=44022
$600... insane.

AWD looks really fun. I wanted to get the HPI RS4 MT but it didn't seem like there were many aftermarket parts for it. My friend got the RS4 Rally and that thing is FAST with the Novak SS in it. I think it can do about 50 mph and it gets up there in like 3 seconds or so I'm going to get an AWD eventually... some day...
Old 02-06-2004, 08:04 AM

Originally posted by DuB
check this thing out!
$600... insane.

AWD looks really fun. I wanted to get the HPI RS4 MT but it didn't seem like there were many aftermarket parts for it. My friend got the RS4 Rally and that thing is FAST with the Novak SS in it. I think it can do about 50 mph and it gets up there in like 3 seconds or so I'm going to get an AWD eventually... some day...

bu it now for $849.00 !!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-06-2004, 08:10 AM

Originally posted by DuB
check this thing out!
$600... insane.

I had the HPI RS4 MT with a Ford bod. It was sweet, belt driven runnin 7 cells and modded motors. I had so much fun with it but got out of the hobby when I stopped turnin wrenches for Lincoln Mercury. I need to get back into the hobby since ive got the scratch to do so. Blue
Old 02-06-2004, 10:55 AM

I have a RS4 Rally with several hop-ups. Originally it had a Toyota body but switched to the Subby as it handled better. We used to race at work in the good old days. Nothing like a bunch of engineers/geeks with more money than sense. But then the economy tanked and I haven't used it much since then as now I a corporate job and they frown on fun. I can set it up with different suspensions to run street or offroad. Rally cars are so much fun, but most tracks are either pure street or pure off road. Oh well.

Have fun
Old 02-06-2004, 10:59 AM
Contributing Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have an old beat up Bruiser that is currently down for repairs. Not exactly a racer but it does go just about anywhere I point it.
Old 02-06-2004, 05:32 PM
DuB

I love how detailed the bruiser is! leaf springs, drive shafts, pumpkins, 3 spd gearbox and everything! Those things sell for a LOT on ebay since they're collector's items.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...category=44029

$1000
Old 02-06-2004, 06:12 PM

Originally posted by DuB
I love how detailed the bruiser is! leaf springs, drive shafts, pumpkins, 3 spd gearbox and everything! Those things sell for a LOT on ebay since they're collector's items.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...category=44029

$1000
Wasn't aware that R/C cars/trucks were popular 16 years ago For $1,000 isn't a new model better
Old 02-06-2004, 06:42 PM
Contributing Member

I have a Tamaya 4 wheel drive stadium truck with magnum Jr radio--it is fun, but I dont have time to use it much anymore. I think it needs a new motor now. I bought the whole kit off ebay for $120. and added bearings and a novac speed controller.
Old 02-06-2004, 06:46 PM

Way back when..... I had a Tamiya Hornet with a Airtronics Pistol Grip Remote.
Old 02-06-2004, 06:53 PM

Talking All this RC talk has me wanting back in the race.

I knew that this thread would make me want back in. I have always owned electric RCs & am thinking I need to go Nitro. I am also thinking I should go back to HPI Racing to get an RS4 MT. Any idea who has the best deals right now? Ben
Old 02-06-2004, 07:55 PM
Contributing Member

Back in my pre teens I was into those. I can't even remember the model of the car, but it took me a week to put it together. When I was 12 I got a new one for Christmas, put it together, and crashed it into a tree the 2nd day I had it. I know its at my folk's place somewhere, probably in the attic.
Old 02-06-2004, 09:07 PM
Contributing Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I bought my Bruiser in Singapore in '89. By that time they were already discontinued in the U.S. When I saw it, I gave up my nights beer money and bought it on sight. It sat for six years until I finally bought a radio for it. Currently, I need a rear axle housing and a slipper gear. Both are available on eBay from time to time.
Old 02-07-2004, 05:26 PM

Originally posted by Juggalo
Wasn't aware that R/C cars/trucks were popular 16 years ago For $1,000 isn't a new model better
The reason it is $1000 is the truck is completely metal, very realistic, and that specific one is new in box (NIB), meaning never been opened or run. These trucks go for serious bank because of their collectability. I think they only sold for 4 or 5 years, before they stopped producing them.

I just picked up a Tamiya TLT-1 (tamiya little truck). Its a 1:18 monster truck with solid axles, four link suspension, and cantilevers. $140 shipped. I only have the chassis done so far because I had something to do yesterday, and today I went wheeling.

I'll post pics tomorrow or monday.

I personally prefer trucks to anything. Cars just aren't as capable.

If you want some info on Rock Crawlers and Monster Trucks, and especially you Toy 283, for your bruiser, check out www.rcmt.net.

Have to be a member there to view posts, but its free and easy.
Old 02-08-2004, 08:38 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm building up a Tamiya Clodbuster...check it out

http://www.toyotaoffroad.net/afertig/88/clodbuster.htm

Old 02-08-2004, 09:00 PM
Bud

used to be a hobby of mines 8years ago. I only raced electric though. Had a team losi xx for offroad and yokomo with civic and m3 bodies for onroad. Man, those were fun as hell but expensive!!

I used to call in sick for work on weekends just to race.
and i think my ex-gf left me because i would rather race. But i didnt mind cuz she was big-boned.

I still have the cars and a 3channel futaba controller collecting dust in the garage. I've watched Brian Kinwald (short pudgy pro driver) and boy that kid can drive! Its amazing how he takes the lines offroad; even while the buggy is in the air.! This was when the truck scene was just kickin' in.

My first rc car was "the frog" from Tamiya. Thats a classic.

Last edited by Bud; 02-08-2004 at 09:03 PM.
Old 02-08-2004, 09:02 PM
Banned

i have a pretty wicked tmaxx

its got a spool i nthe rear, full mip cvds, traxass tuned pipe, full metal skids, some metal arms, diffent springs, wheels and tires.... tons of stuff
Old 02-09-2004, 08:36 AM

Adam, that's awesome! I haven't seen a thread about it on rcmt though Are you going to run some narrow wheels for those mammoth tires (or are they duallies?)?

I like the chassis too, its lines remind me of the Clodzilla 2, my favorite clod chassis. I just got the axles done on my TLT, and am gonna finish up the chassis design hopefully today.
Old 02-09-2004, 09:43 AM

I was big into RC about 15 yrs ago. First car was a RC10 gold tub with a Futaba pistol. Got out of the hobbie until 6 months ago. My wife went to a garage sale where this guy is selling everything he has for $500. I went to look and end up buying it all. He had He has 4 complete cars including Losixx-4, RC10B3, RC10T3, and a Trinity 1/10 onroad. There was 4 extra partial cars, 3 chargers, at least 12 battery packs, dyno, 20 some spare motors, a large box of tires, boxes and boxes of every spare part imaginable. This guy had a lot of money and had the best of the best on all the cars. I think I got a great deal.
As far as sites
http://www.radiocontrolzone.com/foru...s=&forumid=114

http://www.rccaraction.com/rc/articles/index.asp

http://www.rc10b4.com/forum/index.php?

http://www.rctech.net/forum/index.php
BTW did you see the new RC10 and TC3 combination prototype? It was on the rc10b4 forum. Pretty cool. I think the RC10T is one of the best jumping cars around.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: R/C cars