Does the sales team at Marlin ever answer the phone?

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2015, 02:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Does the sales team at Marlin ever answer the phone?

Or email? I was asked by Mitchell to call in to give a credit card #. Been calling over 10 times each day for the past three days. I've also emailed them letting them know I called. No answers or replies.

Just wondering if there's anyone in the office.
Old 09-17-2015, 02:22 PM

Hi, Can someone help me get started in Yotatech? I don't know anybody here. I don't know if I need to upgrade my membership. I don't know how to start a thread. And I don't know how to find out. --Michael
Old 09-17-2015, 06:42 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by TACORICAN
Or email? I was asked by Mitchell to call in to give a credit card #. Been calling over 10 times each day for the past three days. I've also emailed them letting them know I called. No answers or replies.

Just wondering if there's anyone in the office.
Marlin Crawler Round Up is this weekend. I bet they're all at the Rubicon. Maybe call next week??
Old 09-17-2015, 07:56 PM
Super Moderator
Staff

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by MichaelKLerner
Hi, Can someone help me get started in Yotatech? I don't know anybody here. I don't know if I need to upgrade my membership. I don't know how to start a thread. And I don't know how to find out. --Michael
Hello Michael. Go to the Forums in the top left and find the section that your question applies to. When you get to the correct Forum, you will find a blue button that says New Thread. You have to create a Title and then fill in the box below with your question.

If you are wanting to start a Build Thread to keep up with what all you have done with your truck, keep notes, links to information that you would like to find easily, it is a great place for that.

You will get to know a few people on here by getting involved in their builds, helping others solve problems with experiences you may have in the past. It will take some time to get comfortable to using the site.

Me personally, I only follow build threads that follow mine or if they are doing something that I want to learn on. I will look at a few other builds once in awhile. If you post on one of my builds I will respond to it. If I post on a build, I feel it is common courtesy to at least acknowledge it with some sort of response. I don't expect it each and every time, but talking to others, they feel like you are just snubbing them if you don't respond. I am sure not all feel that way.

If you start a thread and it is in the wrong section, one of the moderators which has a red avatar will move it to the correct section. I too am a moderator and I look at peoples post count. If I see someone with 25 or less post, I understand they may be new to forum websites so cut some slack for mistakes.

Read the Rules, but mostly common sense and common courtesy will go a long way. There are several other Toyota sites out there but I truly feel Yotatech is the best one out there. I have not been to the other sites in years and don't see it anytime in the near future. There is a ton of information on here for the older trucks. On the newer trucks some of the information may be available but don't really know on those myself.

If I want to find something for example I will go to Google and type in "Timing a 22re Yotatech" for me that is the quickest way to find the information. If you know a thread name like "Post your Pics Yotatech" in Google that will take you to the thread quick until you get more familiar with Yotatech website.

Welcome to Yotatech.
Old 09-17-2015, 08:07 PM

Originally Posted by malteserunner
Marlin Crawler Round Up is this weekend. I bet they're all at the Rubicon. Maybe call next week??
Awesome! I wasn't aware. I'll call next week

Thanks
Old 09-18-2015, 09:30 AM

Hi Terry thanks for the reply. next time I am wanting to "do" a thread I will try to follow your instructions.

For now, most of my questions are answered. Don't know that I am experienced enough to help others.

My main interest is in keeping my work vehicle in top performance. I am a home repairman myself, and my interest in trucks does not extend beyond getting me and my tools to the job.

In that regard, my current truck is dead. Some kind of internal knock in the engine. Either dropped a valve or in the process of throwing a rod. Haven't had an expert listen yet.

So, I need to buy a brand new used pickup. But finding a truck with either Xtra Cab or long bed is really difficult. I figure knowing as much about the available engine-trans-body combinations as possible is my best preparation.

Apparently, there are only 4 (now 5 with me) members of the SF Bay Area Yotatech group--pretty disappointing, as local help in locating a truck would help.

Anyway, I do appreciate your reply.

Thanks, Michael