Sportsman Section Hunting, guns/rifles, knives, archery, and fishing topics go here

Anyone carry a pocket knife?

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2006, 10:42 AM
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is the knive i carry my gf got it for me for christmas, but her dad is now in charge of kershaws new tactical kife devision so i don't think she had to pay for it but i really don't care.
Old 01-03-2006, 11:13 AM

I carry a Kershaw too, nice knives. It's the Onion/Centofante model 1610. Picked it up on my honeymoon in October. The more I use it, the more I like it. It looks like a work of art...

Old 01-03-2006, 11:13 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
has anyone ever heard of Chris Reeve knives?

http://www.chrisreeve.com/

From what ive heard they are known for there quality and Im considering getting one.
Old 01-03-2006, 11:42 AM
Contributing Member

Wow..revival of a revived thread!
I always carry a knife in my pocket. It's raised a few eyebrows at times. Never even considered it to be a weapon...I'm too smart to bring a knife to a gunfight. It's a great tool to have in hand and I've used mine hundreds of times over the years.
I used to carry the Gerber Gator. Nice feel, but cheap steel...always going dull. Got two of 'em in the glovebox now.
Current issue is another Gerber, with better steel and a quick-out thumb bolt. I also have several Victorinox-made Swiss Army knives, received as gifts, in really nice presentation boxes, which are great, as a 'Gentleman's knife", which is to say that, while they are well-made and have good steel, they are almost useless to me, without a locking blade.
What I REALLY want, is ceramic blade...not for the beat-the metal-detector issue, but that ceramic blades stay sharp forever...and that is what everyone needs in a knife.
Old 01-03-2006, 12:05 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by snap-on

From what ive heard they are known for there quality and Im considering getting one.
CR makes some of the best knives out there. If I could afford one I would carry one. I like his fixed blades much better then his folding ones.

Some USAF units had the go ahead to use the Aviator series CR knives but I have not known anyone who was issued one.
Old 01-03-2006, 01:23 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by 4-RUNNIN' FREAK
Old thread revival day?
Yes, it seems like it's been covered a couple times.
Old 01-03-2006, 01:31 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
yes i do so look out
i've been carring the same smith&wesson lock blade for about 9 years now. makes it through the metal detector about 30% of the time when im not wearing other metal (aluminum frame). pissed off a few operators when i notice and point it out to them. (they usually will hold it until i return )
have swiss army knives everywhere:keychain, tool box, tackle box, all vehicles, junk drawer (house), pocket sometimes, backpack and camping supply box.
Old 01-03-2006, 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by snap-on

Beautiful knives. Always wanted one since I could get a left-handed monolock. Never have though, can't justify the price. Went college with a guy who worked in a custom knife shop, he carried a mini-Sebenza. I figure this meant something.

I've been carrying a Benchmade 550S, I love the Axis lock. In addition I have another 15+ Benchmades to pick from when the mood strikes. It's bad news when you work there for a summer and can get employee pricing.
Old 01-03-2006, 01:41 PM
Contributing Member

I carry this:

Kit Carson M-16 Titanium

And I love it. Really smooth opening and solid lock.
Old 01-03-2006, 02:36 PM
Contributing Member

i'm never without my swiss army knife "camping" model. i use it multiple times daily, and it has gotten me, and many other people out of jams, or come in extremely handy.
Old 01-03-2006, 06:15 PM
Contributing Member

I have this winchester knife i got from kmart for $6
ive had it for awhile now and its better now that i had it sharpend

it has a clip and its very strurdy and and locks tight
Old 01-03-2006, 06:34 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
odd how we can go from CR $330 Sebenza to a Kmart $6 knife.....
Old 01-03-2006, 07:22 PM

I don't like stuff in my pockets
Old 01-03-2006, 08:01 PM
Contributing Member

i also carry the Kit carson M16... just bought the carbon/kevlar fiber model... its my 4th m16 yet. and ive only gotten new ones cause they keep getting better. the carson flipper design is the best opening set up ive found
Old 01-03-2006, 08:03 PM
Banned

I carry the Benchmade Griptilian 551s...I love it...its a great knife

It all depends what you plan on using it for...everyday utility or self defense. If its for self defense, make sure u know how to use one..blah blah blah..vadda vadda vadda

Last edited by Localmotion; 01-03-2006 at 08:06 PM.
Old 01-03-2006, 08:38 PM
Contributing Member

If I am wearing Carharts or jeans its a sure bet I have my gerber on me. I am still trying to figure out how to have it on me when wearing a skirt.... LOL
Old 01-03-2006, 10:42 PM

Regardless of what I'm wearing (even with bathing suit) I've got a blade of some sort on me. Favorite has to be a Gerber Multitool. It's the only multi-tool that is worth a crap in my opinion. I've tried Leatherman and think it's not practical or useful, not to mention the older ones felt really cheap.
Old 01-04-2006, 12:16 AM
Contributing Member

I rarely carry a knife day to day, but anytime I'm out in the woods or just about any time I think about it I keep somethin. I've got a ton of knives, but my favorite is my boot knife. If I have long pants on I keep it on my left calf. I need to go look at some tac. gear at the army and police surplus store.
Old 01-06-2006, 11:34 AM

I really like the Kershaws, especially with the spring assist opening. I've had this Boker since Christmas 99, and it's treated me good. The quality of it is amazing. It sure does look tired though. Look what I've done to the handle by popping beer bottles open. Lol. (Kids, don't be like me)

This knife has only cut me once. When it did so, it almost cost me the first digit of my right index finger. It was serious. I use a Lansky sharpening system to keep it dialed in.
Old 01-06-2006, 06:19 PM

Most of the time I carry the Microtech Anphibian or MOD MK2. I love Hideaway knives and Chris Reeve's but I have yet to order any for myself.
I mainly use the knives for opening boxes and for prying stuff. I've honestly used a Surefire more often than a knife for preventative self defence; lighting up sketchy people walking up to me on a dark street.

This is the collection between myself and my roommate...we like knives

Quick Reply: Anyone carry a pocket knife?