Looking For A Mechanic/Fabricator/Shop Put your location in your thread title when making an inquiry

Looking for some help! in washington

Old 11-04-2013, 10:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looking for some help! in washington

I have a gang of parts that need to go on my 4runner, I'm in need of some some experienced help.

More so with a clutch install. I have an appointment for an install, but its going to cost me nearly $700 labor! and that seems to be the norm around here... Thats just going to kill our family budget this month.

I'm fairly mechanically inclined. I've worked for a handful of tire shops including a county facility.

I'm in the Puyallup area of Western Washington. If you can supply the garage and tools, I'll kick down more cash and/or beer.

I have cash and beer for whoever responds, my clutch just went out so the truck is pretty laid up, it may have one more drive left in it.

PLEASE PM or RESPOND!!

Parts I currently have piled up in my garage:
AISIN CKT016 will purchase flywheel tomorrow
4crawler BJ spacers
LC 7.5 wrap coils
Cardone replacement CV's
ProComp ES9000s

Last edited by Dinardy; 11-04-2013 at 10:06 PM.
Old 11-05-2013, 10:25 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
A clutch job is a pretty easy task for a guy with a jack and some wrenches to do on his own. I've done it a couple times and it is very straight forward. Defiantly not a 700$ job. Make sure you have a clutch alignment tool though. (Should have come with the clutch kit)

Unless your flywheel is chunked out, or you are going to a lightened/overweight flywheel usually reusing the one you have is fine.
Old 11-05-2013, 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by Cookie Monster
A clutch job is a pretty easy task for a guy with a jack and some wrenches to do on his own. I've done it a couple times and it is very straight forward. Defiantly not a 700$ job. Make sure you have a clutch alignment tool though. (Should have come with the clutch kit) Unless your flywheel is chunked out, or you are going to a lightened/overweight flywheel usually reusing the one you have is fine.
I wish I could wrench on it myself, but I just can't afford to have my dd laid up... I also don't have a decent set of tools or a safe jack/area
Old 11-05-2013, 12:19 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If you can make it to a Walmart parking lot and put out the 100$ for a jack and a few metric wrenches you could get er done then and there haha. Hope someone in your area chimes in for ya pal.

I'm in Canada or I'd say get a case of ribbon and we could slap it in this afternoon. Sucks they dont sell blue ribbon up here...
Old 11-05-2013, 01:12 PM

u can get pabst blue ribbon in BC....
Old 11-05-2013, 01:33 PM

Originally Posted by Cookie Monster
If you can make it to a Walmart parking lot and put out the 100$ for a jack and a few metric wrenches you could get er done then and there haha. Hope someone in your area chimes in for ya pal. I'm in Canada or I'd say get a case of ribbon and we could slap it in this afternoon. Sucks they dont sell blue ribbon up here...
I haven't been to Canada in a few years, so I wouldn't know if they sold vitamin P up there. But I do hope someone chimes in as well. It would be nice to have a little change in my pocket after it's all said and done.
Old 11-05-2013, 05:40 PM

Bump for a buddy
Old 11-05-2013, 10:30 PM
totally a bro
Staff

Received 45 Likes on 28 Posts
do you have enough space for a piece of plywood? transmission isn't that heavy and you could always use ratchet straps to get it high enough/hold it up then just bench press it in. I'd offer to help but I'm in kirkland and work nights and weekends.
Old 11-05-2013, 10:45 PM

Originally Posted by vital22re
do you have enough space for a piece of plywood? transmission isn't that heavy and you could always use ratchet straps to get it high enough/hold it up then just bench press it in. I'd offer to help but I'm in kirkland and work nights and weekends.
I just dropped it off at the shop for the clutch... But I do still have a gang of parts and lift.

I used to live down the road from Juanita area, up by that little shopping complex near the bay. My wife went to NWU.

I'm off Wed-Friday