Looking For A Mechanic/Fabricator/Shop Put your location in your thread title when making an inquiry

Driveshaft shop in AZ.

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2012, 02:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Driveshaft shop in AZ.

Any Arizonans out there that can recommend a good shop in the Phoenix area to do some driveshaft work? Want to have my D/S balanced and new joints installed while it is there. I'm in the East Valley. Thanks in advance for your replies!!
CJ
Old 11-05-2012, 04:13 PM

A couple of my buddies had their driveshafts made at Arizona Driveshaft on Southern and Mesa. They seem to be happy with them.
http://azdriveshaft.com/
Old 11-27-2012, 04:57 PM

New driveshaft

This project was my first on this truck...on any truck for that matter. I have a 1993 4 x 4 extended cab pickup. I live in Arizona but got this rusty bottomed truck from Michigan. It needed a new driveshaft as described below.

When I reached 45 mph or greater I could feel some serious vibration from below the truck. I suspected the driveshaft or some component of it needed attention. I looked around on my new friend Yotatech and found info pointing me in fact to the driveshaft.

Rather than try and take apart the old shaft and replace some joint that may or may not have fixed the vibration, I looked around for a brand new complete drive shaft.

I found one at wholesaleimportparts.com fro about $600.00. They shipped it and it arrived READY to install.

You can see my handy-work in the pictures. I simply took out the old driveshaft, and put in the new. No more vibration. Truck rides smooth again.

Again, this was my first attempt at being mechanical, and with Yotatech's help, I was successful. If I can pull it off, you can too.

I decided to just replace the whole thing because I estimated that labor on taking out the old shaft, and messing with joints would cost about the same or similar as the price of a new complete driveshaft and me doing the work.

It was kind of fun too.

Good luck.

Oh, and, the photo of the new driveshaft does not show the center carrier cover re-installed yet.
Attached Thumbnails Driveshaft shop in AZ.-driveshaft-1-1.jpg   Driveshaft shop in AZ.-drive-shaft-2-2.jpg   Driveshaft shop in AZ.-driveshaft-3-3.jpg