Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners (Build-Up Section) Post your build-ups here

jason in tn's 1997 4Runner Build-Up Thread - "the family truckster"

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2011, 08:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Went ahead and ordered 1 inch wheel adapters from wabfab so hopefully they will get here in time to have ready when I get these tires mounted up, I would have the tires already but my job can't seem to get me home before Saturday night. Hopefully next weekend.
Old 11-14-2011, 08:44 AM
Banned

Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts
Boxed up ship tonight.

:wabbit2:
Old 11-14-2011, 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by waskillywabbit
Boxed up ship tonight.

:wabbit2:

Awesome! !!!! Great service.
Old 11-14-2011, 09:51 PM

were did you get your roof rack from looks awesome and nice rig
Old 11-15-2011, 02:15 AM

Originally Posted by silversr5
were did you get your roof rack from looks awesome and nice rig

My roof rack I built my self, I was in a rush building it and didn't get any picks but I'm not happy with how it turned out and plan on reworking a few things, I will document that process better. Thanks for checking in.
Old 11-15-2011, 06:44 AM

no prob cant wait to see new one...
Old 11-25-2011, 07:12 PM

I have got quite a few things done the last couple days, finally got my coax ran for my c.b.

cleaned this mess up hard to tell from the pics but its cheap trailer light wire harness. I removed all of it I cant believe how crapy a job they did cobleing it in there.
the big news at least for me is I finally got my tires mounted but Im haveing rubbing issues. trying to figure out some lift issues. It was dark when I got home but here is a pic of how close the front is.

its only rubbing the bumper and I plan on changeing that soon may trim it some for the time being but Im not happy with the rake I have ended up with with this lift.
I also did the ISR mod today didnt think to take pics of the finished product of that either.
the tires look great looking forward to seeing how the work off road.
Old 11-26-2011, 11:51 AM

just wanted to throw up some pics of how its looking today. let me know what you guys think.

since I had to do some triming on the flares on the bumper I opted to just remove them Im checking into bumper options not sure if Im build one or buy one, I dont think this looks to bad for now tho.

thanks for checking in

Last edited by jason in tn; 11-26-2011 at 11:53 AM.
Old 11-26-2011, 11:56 AM

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
WTH? ahhhhhhhh, ....how'd I not get a text from the Sista, saying, "HEY, DUDE, WHY YOU NOT STOPPING BY?" HAHAHA. I guess I didn't know you started a thread for it.... go figya! lol...

LOOKS AWESOME, JASON! Seriously, LOVE that tire and how the thing looks overall. SICK
Old 11-26-2011, 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by ChefYota4x4
WTH? ahhhhhhhh, ....how'd I not get a text from the Sista, saying, "HEY, DUDE, WHY YOU NOT STOPPING BY?" HAHAHA. I guess I didn't know you started a thread for it.... go figya! lol...

LOOKS AWESOME, JASON! Seriously, LOVE that tire and how the thing looks overall. SICK

hey mark we thought you were just snubbing us over here LOL. thanks for the kind words Im really happy with how its coming together and so far she hasnt screamed "WHAT DID YOU DO TO MY CAR" at me so alls good for now.
Old 11-27-2011, 04:34 PM

got to do a little wheeling today it was just the wife and I and the park was all but deserted so we didnt hit anything hard just some easy trails. the runner did great all but the rubbing tires I really didnt think I would have this much of an issue with these things any way I will get it sorted out.

not good pics but it was raining and I didnt want to be outside LOL.
I did get my wife to drive some got a vid of that again not great quality but ey its my first attemp, also excuse the breathing in the back ground I smoke and was out of breath from walking up the hill. wasnt a hard trail but Im proud of her for trying it anyway she has wheeled her pickup but until today refused to drive this one off road.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NE5hH...yer_detailpage

Last edited by jason in tn; 11-27-2011 at 04:48 PM.
Old 11-27-2011, 05:07 PM

Tires are looking good!
Old 11-27-2011, 05:24 PM

Smile

Originally Posted by stockwell45
Tires are looking good!

thank you sir Im really happy with them so far but its only been a couple days.
Old 11-30-2011, 02:13 AM
Super Moderator
Staff

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Just got a chance to get caught on a few things. Your runner is coming along great. Looking better. The roof rack looks great. Seen you werent completely happy with it but you will get it. Cant be much to get it the way you would like.

The tires look great on it. Glad to see you got the wife out and wheeling. Kind of helps when you need some upgrade she understands a little better and just makes for a great time.

Looking good.
Old 11-30-2011, 05:35 PM

Originally Posted by Terrys87
Just got a chance to get caught on a few things. Your runner is coming along great. Looking better. The roof rack looks great. Seen you werent completely happy with it but you will get it. Cant be much to get it the way you would like.

The tires look great on it. Glad to see you got the wife out and wheeling. Kind of helps when you need some upgrade she understands a little better and just makes for a great time.

Looking good.

thanks terry the roof rack just got rushed and I want to change a few flaws but it wont take much.
really happy with the tires wish I didnt have all the rubbing issues but that comes with the teritory.
the wife loves to go wheeling she just doesnt want to drive, I got her behind the wheel this time but she swears never again LOL. It was just a hill I dont understand her issue but hey Id rather drive any way.
Old 12-02-2011, 09:50 AM

GREAT vid! Sounds so sick and thumpy! lol. Congratz, man, looking GREAT!
Old 12-02-2011, 04:51 PM

GREAT vid! Sounds so sick and thumpy! lol. Congratz, man, looking GREAT!

LOL thanks mark wanted to get more vidios but she said she wasnt driveing anymore
Old 12-02-2011, 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by jason in tn
LOL thanks mark wanted to get more vidios but she said she wasnt driveing anymore
She told me that.... and I said, "WTHECK DID YOU SAY, GIRL?" LOL. Anyway, ..... she'll hopefully get used to it a bit more and totally addicted! lol. LET'S MAKE SURE SHE GET'S INFECTED WITH TOYOTATICULITUS! lol.
Old 12-02-2011, 05:18 PM
Contributing Member

Received 463 Likes on 309 Posts
I like how your truck is coming along and yeah to the chick driving!
Old 12-02-2011, 06:05 PM

She told me that.... and I said, "WTHECK DID YOU SAY, GIRL?" LOL. Anyway, ..... she'll hopefully get used to it a bit more and totally addicted! lol. LET'S MAKE SURE SHE GET'S INFECTED WITH TOYOTATICULITUS! lol.

she is so afraid of breaking somthing, I keep telling her if it breaks we fix it no biggie. just happy just rideing and Im just glad she likes to be that much a part of it for now.

Originally Posted by habanero
I like how your truck is coming along and yeah to the chick driving!

thanks hab, and thanks for all the advice on the wheel adapters. this runner was supposed to be hers but I kinda took it over oops.

Quick Reply: jason in tn's 1997 4Runner Build-Up Thread - "the family truckster"