YotaTech Forums  

Go Back   YotaTech Forums > Build-Up Section > 95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners (Build-Up Section)
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners (Build-Up Section) Post your build-ups here

Welcome to Yotatech!
Welcome to Yotatech,

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-16-2013, 02:56 PM   #1
Personal Sales Rating: (0)

Unhappy Bilstein 5100 snap ring failure

I wished I did not have to post this, but I have to. My buddy and I recently installed Bilstein 5100's on my 96 4Runner. I have been driving it short distances and checking all the parts we disconnected and reconnected during the installation. Today as I drove off a drive way and onto the street. I heard a snaping noise, and my driver side front shock sunk. I limped it home and noticed the snap ring was gone causing the shock to compress. Since it's saturday afternoon, Bilstein is not available, nor the place I purchased the suspension kit from.

Has this hapened to anyone?

Is the shock done?

Are snap rings sold separately?

Should I tow the 4Runner to a shop or is it safe to drive?

Possible causes for this failure.

I would greatly appreciate any assistance.
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Yotatech!
dragoon3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 02:56 PM
Yotatech
4WD Truck

Paid Advertisement

Tags
4runner, 5100, bilstein, broke, cases, fail, failing, failter, failure, remove, ring, shock, snap, top