Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

You won't belive this...

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2002, 04:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You won't belive this...

My baby got scarred yesterday and you will not believe how...

...my truck was parked for around an hour at a small business park and while I left the truck, I noticed several foilks outside the units on thier cell phones or smoking.

I leave and hour later and when I get home I notice what looks like a twig on my rear bumper.

I get close and its ash ! When I wipe it away, I find some mofo has stubbed out a cigarette on the plastic part of my bumper !!!

WTF ? There is now a nice burned hole in my rear bumper (the ribbed plastic section )

I am just stunned by peoples arrogance and lack of respect. Its a really good thing I did not see this happen.

David
Old 07-24-2002, 05:37 AM

Oh my gawd, I feel your pain. It's a shame that there are so many people out there like that. It's sad when you go somewhere and have to end up worrying about where you park or what might happen to your beloved Runner..

Sorry to hear about that dude.
Old 07-24-2002, 05:46 AM
Contributing Member

I can believe it...

I had some idiot 'key' my new '86 F250 4X4, shortly after I bought it. Even though that happened a long time ago, I've never forgotten it. That truck was the first vehicle I had ever purchased new, and I kept it washed and waxed. I was very proud of it. I think if I had caught someone doing that to my new truck, I would have knocked their teeth out with my Mag light.
Jim
Old 07-24-2002, 06:41 AM

I'd find out where this morons lives and what he drives and freakin "do unto others and they do to you". But make it 100x worse to their ride.

I remember in 1995 when I had a brand new Probe GT and parallel parked at the University business building and found a scratch about 12 inches in length on my front bumper after class. :mad: I checked the car in front of me and WHAT DO YOU KNOW, she had white paint on her rear bumper right in the same spot where she would have paint, if she hit me.

I called campus police and they came out and filed a report. Right as he was filing a report, the girl came out and was going to leave. The officer stopped in her tracks and said, "you can't leave an accident scene". She said, "I didn't hit him. I just got here and was going to leave". I said, "Bull!@#". Luckily the officer believed me and wrote her up for this accident and driving without a license!!! HA!!

To this day I try to avoid parallel parking cuz of this incident. Best of luck in getting your revenge.
Old 07-24-2002, 09:08 AM

ouch dude, that sucks...im like that VW commercial, i park my runner away from other cars, such as farther down the lot and walk ...unless i got people in my car that are biatches and can't walk another 100 feet...then i'll gamble and park by someone....but i hope you see those bastids again and shoot them with a paintball gun...hahaha i mean let them know they did wrong...
Old 07-24-2002, 09:22 AM

Man, I would be so pissed. :mad: Sorry it happened to you. Buncha jerks.
butnut
Old 07-24-2002, 10:03 AM

People are creatures of habit especially the smokers habit.
They probably take a smoke break at the same time every day, maybe go to the same spot.
Remember where you parked and see who wanders:walk: over around the same time with a cigarette.

I leave the rest to your imagination

:beaver:
Old 07-24-2002, 10:25 AM

Originally posted by dlotoy4runner
I'd find out where this morons lives and what he drives and freakin "do unto others and they do to you". But make it 100x worse to their ride.

I remember in 1995 when I had a brand new Probe GT and parallel parked at the University business building and found a scratch about 12 inches in length on my front bumper after class. :mad: I checked the car in front of me and WHAT DO YOU KNOW, she had white paint on her rear bumper right in the same spot where she would have paint, if she hit me.

I called campus police and they came out and filed a report. Right as he was filing a report, the girl came out and was going to leave. The officer stopped in her tracks and said, "you can't leave an accident scene". She said, "I didn't hit him. I just got here and was going to leave". I said, "Bull!@#". Luckily the officer believed me and wrote her up for this accident and driving without a license!!! HA!!

To this day I try to avoid parallel parking cuz of this incident. Best of luck in getting your revenge.
Musta been that same chick driving a 73 Grand Prix when she hit my 69 Torino 30 years ago! Almost the exact same scenario, only she drove over the curb, mashed my bumper, hood and grille trying to get in the space in front of me.
Old 07-24-2002, 01:45 PM

Man, that sucks dude! I really wish there is a way that you can get back at people like this, but there is no way for you to find out who did that and all. Goodluck and hope you get them though! :fireman:
Old 07-24-2002, 02:21 PM

As a "reformed" smoker who quit ~ 25 Years ago, I smile when I see a smoker who is an a$$h0le. One day that person is going to have to use nebulizers and inhalers to breathe like I do. But I also feel sad for the smoker who is considerate and understanding.

And, David, I also feel for you and your runner.

So, if any of my "Toyota Family" here smokes, think about me the next time you light up.