Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

Who would buy the 44Runner?

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2004, 06:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Who would buy the 44Runner?

Unforseen events in my life have taken place lately. I won't get into it but overall it might end up with me needing to sell my rig. I never really thought that would be something I would ever do but I might have to. Don't get too excited, this won't happen for a long while now, but I was curious. Who would pony up the cash to buy the most well equiped 3rd Gen on the planet?
Old 02-14-2004, 06:13 PM
Ric
Banned - User requested

44Runner

man, you have a very serious set up, IF this was to happen, what do ya thin your gonna ask for it ?
Old 02-14-2004, 06:33 PM

Originally Posted by RicNkc
man, you have a very serious set up, IF this was to happen, what do ya thin your gonna ask for it ?
No clue really. I'm sure it would be a steal, there is a whole lot of money in that truck. I would look up the blue book value and add half the cost of the junk I put on there or something like that...
Old 02-14-2004, 06:39 PM

I WOULD!!! How many miles are on it?
Old 02-14-2004, 06:41 PM
Ric
Banned - User requested

44Runner

when you get a price let us know
Old 02-14-2004, 07:07 PM

Originally Posted by MellamoPOUND
I WOULD!!! How many miles are on it?
Around 53k currently
Old 02-14-2004, 07:17 PM

Originally Posted by RicNkc
when you get a price let us know
lol, off the top of my head I would say around 22k...
Old 02-14-2004, 07:18 PM
Contributing Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hope you would be selling for good news on your part.
I know it is tough to decide to sell your baby.

....sent you a PM too.

Last edited by MTL_4runner; 02-14-2004 at 07:18 PM.
Old 02-14-2004, 07:26 PM

Originally Posted by MTL_4runner
Hope you would be selling for good news on your part.
I know it is tough to decide to sell your baby.
Not sure if it is good or bad, just wholely unexpected. I never wanted to sell this truck but that might not be an option now. Selling my baby will crush me, but at least this time around I hope to find a good home for my rig. My last ride was sold to a 16yo poser who I am sure wrecked it within a few months. I would love to find someone that would actually use it.

Like I said, this is all still up in the air at this point. I will probably know in the next month or so if I will need to sell and then it will be at least a couple more months from there until I am actually ready to part with it. I just wanted to see if anyone would be interested in giving it a good new home.

If I do have to sell it I hope that I won't be off the trails for too long. It will unfortunately probably be a couple years though as I will need to settle into my new home (probably buy an actual home) and save a bunch of money to be able to afford a new rig.
Old 02-14-2004, 09:08 PM

It is sad to hear this. I hope you can get things worked out. I do hope you can still make the JAM with your truck, if not I will hold a seat open for you.

Somehow I think there has to be a rabbit involved in this story some how...

Gadget
Old 02-14-2004, 09:13 PM

Originally Posted by Gadget
It is sad to hear this. I hope you can get things worked out. I do hope you can still make the JAM with your truck, if not I will hold a seat open for you.

Somehow I think there has to be a rabbit involved in this story some how...

Gadget
Well, if everything goes through with the move, I most likely won't make the Jambo with or without my truck. Unfortunately for you guys you can't get rid of me that easily. Give me some time to get back on my feet and I will be back with a new truck ready to rock and roll in what I hope is not too long a span of time. Until then I'm sure I will be hanging around the boards as always...

No, this story has nothing to do with a rabbit. At least not yet...

Last edited by 44Runner; 02-14-2004 at 09:25 PM.
Old 02-14-2004, 09:31 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by 44Runner
lol, off the top of my head I would say around 22k...
Holy POOP.. 22K is a rock'n price... Now I sort of wished I waited to buy mine.....
but its also nice to build your own.

Good luck..what ever happens in the end.
Old 02-14-2004, 10:07 PM

Originally Posted by Herkengineer
Holy POOP.. 22K is a rock'n price... Now I sort of wished I waited to buy mine.....
but its also nice to build your own.

Good luck..what ever happens in the end.
Yeah, its pretty rockin no doubt. If I tried to sell it for what it is really worth I doubt anyone would buy it. My last vehicle was very customized too and I had to take a big hit on it too. This hit is admittingly substantially larger, but I also invested substantially more in this rig...
Old 02-15-2004, 01:48 AM
Contributing Member

Question too sooooon

Holy bad timing batman!
I actually thought of letting you know that down the road in a few years I would love to put dibs on buying your rig from you. That is, unless some lucky friend hadn't already put a deposit down for the future.
I was thinking a few years (2-5) I'd pony up 15 more or less for the nicest and best modded runner. But I couldn't come close to buying it now.
Plus, I just bought Leo's rig.
I'm sure you'll do the right thing. Keep thinking about your future, stay out of debt (exept for a house) and, no matter what, get done with school.
Old 02-15-2004, 06:24 AM
Contributing Member

Dang, I should buy it just to take it on the trails out at Hammers..... everybody would think I SAS'ed my rig, since we both have the same year, model and color Well maybe you'll be able to figure a way to find funds so you don't have to sell your baby....

Now on the other hand if a woman is involved with this tragedy, then I'd say your making a HUGE mistake

IF you still have some of your stock parts you could always take off some of the toys, like the SC, winch, roof rack,CB, crawl box and any other goodie you can unbolt, but keep it drivable. Ironically you'll probably get the same price for your rig without all those parts....
Old 02-15-2004, 09:09 AM

Originally Posted by BruceTS
Dang, I should buy it just to take it on the trails out at Hammers..... everybody would think I SAS'ed my rig, since we both have the same year, model and color Well maybe you'll be able to figure a way to find funds so you don't have to sell your baby....

Now on the other hand if a woman is involved with this tragedy, then I'd say your making a HUGE mistake

IF you still have some of your stock parts you could always take off some of the toys, like the SC, winch, roof rack,CB, crawl box and any other goodie you can unbolt, but keep it drivable. Ironically you'll probably get the same price for your rig without all those parts....
I would have to come up with a whole bunch of funds to be able to hold on to her. That just won't happen.

Unfortunately no woman is involved in this at all. I am very much single.

Parting some stuff would be a pain but I probably would make more. Problem is I don't have th stock intake to replace the supercharger, and I would have to get the driveshafts redone to pull the crawler. I factored a little of the price on both those things in so no biggie. I will have to take a huge hit on this thing any way you slice it. I knew if I ever sold it I would so its not that big a deal. I gotta do what I gotta do...

Last edited by 44Runner; 02-15-2004 at 09:09 AM.
Old 02-15-2004, 09:23 AM

Originally Posted by wynn
Holy bad timing batman!
I actually thought of letting you know that down the road in a few years I would love to put dibs on buying your rig from you. That is, unless some lucky friend hadn't already put a deposit down for the future.
I was thinking a few years (2-5) I'd pony up 15 more or less for the nicest and best modded runner. But I couldn't come close to buying it now.
Plus, I just bought Leo's rig.
I'm sure you'll do the right thing. Keep thinking about your future, stay out of debt (exept for a house) and, no matter what, get done with school.

LOL, no deposit on it currently. Like I said, its not for sure yet. It is currently the baddest (IMHO) 3rd Gen out there right now.

My "future" is the main thing that may be forcing my hand on this. I am trying to do what is best for me right now. I am trying to start out on my own and figure out a way to finish school. I am damn close to finishing school but it has to be put on hold for a bit while I settle in. I will have to transfer all my credits (102 of them) to another school where I will be moving and figure out how to work a class or two a week in with a 48 hour a week job.

After a year I should get instate tuition so all said and done I will be out of school for at least a year and a half total before I can go back. Hopefully my new employer might be talked into paying for me to finish up. This is one thing that I have to discuss with them.
Old 02-15-2004, 09:29 AM

Damn dave, thats some bad news. When are you thinkin of leaving blacksburg. Of course i couldnt buy the 44runner, but might be interested in some of the stuff if you decide to part some of it.
Old 02-15-2004, 09:32 AM

Originally Posted by runnerboy97
Damn dave, thats some bad news. When are you thinkin of leaving blacksburg. Of course i couldnt buy the 44runner, but might be interested in some of the stuff if you decide to part some of it.
If it ends up that I'm leaving, I will be out of here probably by April
Old 02-15-2004, 11:15 AM

sorry to hear about your possible loss. your runner is sweet, and if i had the money i'd go for it. but its just a truck. you can always build a better one once you finish school and get a job makin serious $$$. then again you may not have to sell it. you never know what might happen in the next few months. anyways good luck and things will work out. hopefully you can keep your rig.

Quick Reply: Who would buy the 44Runner?