Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

Who has 'em?

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2003, 04:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Who has 'em?

Wet Okoley seat covers, I know Corey has 'em... who else has them? Likes, dislikes? Seriously eye-ballin' the green camo covers (frnt. & rear) for my new rig. Is direct from W.O. the cheapest place? I've looked online a bit, it doesnt seem like very many places carry these seat covers. Anyone make one that compares?
Old 12-15-2003, 04:05 PM
Banned

I got em'.... and love em'! They are super easy to maintain and the fit is excellent. It's like having new seats, I don't know who is cheaper though.
Old 12-15-2003, 04:08 PM
Contributing Member

anyone have a part # for the front bucket seats of a 2000 4Runner SR5?

i know jackson has them...
Old 12-15-2003, 06:47 PM
Contributing Member

Direct from W.O. is going to be cheapest.
If you order do it by phone - last time I checked out their website it was a maze

I have a used set in my truck - just the front - and it's really nice to not have to worry about whether or not something I spill is going to reach the seat.
It gives a nice look to your rig and is nice to have on the colder nights. On some of those hotter days it can get a bit snug though...

All in all - if I could find a set that fit right (mine are supposed to be on a 98 Tacoma) I'd be sitting pretty - pun intended
Old 12-15-2003, 07:31 PM

On some of those hotter days it can get a bit snug though...
what do you mean by snug, and how hot are these hotter days?
Old 12-15-2003, 07:40 PM
Contributing Member

I never came out of my truck dripping with sweat if that's what you're asking...
but it can be a bit warm - I guess it'll depend on your seat too. If you have the type that will wrap around you then it'll be much warmer.

I typically drive 1 1/2 hour trips N to see my girlfriend in Irvine. Short jaunts like 20-30 min. you probably won't feel it as much. These are Southern California hot days - I'm not sure what it would be like with higher humidity...
Old 12-15-2003, 08:53 PM
Contributing Member

I work up in Irvine so I make that drive weekdays. Myself and a co-worker were going to go check out their place over in Costa Mesa on lunch break. I figured that would be the best way to match up the colors for a custom set.

I don't know if I want to get all black or a set with the matching "oak" color. My Tacoma is that brown/tan interior. I figured that http://wetokole.net/images/colors/235.jpg was the closest but I think I'd rather see something in person.

Everyone seems to be happy with their covers here and it's about time I get something to coevr the driver's seat as it's wearing out.
Old 12-16-2003, 01:00 AM
Contributing Member

The guy I bought mine from didn't mention how much the covers had faded - they were originally gray but faded to a light sea-greenish color. Which actually works better for me because my truck is drk grn (Imperial Jade Mica, officially) with the oak interior.

If I were to buy my covers new, I think I'd go with an exterior matching color - just to bring it in to the truck for color variety.

While I'm on the topic of fading - be sure to pick up some of that shampoo and whatever care stuff they had. Oak is a lighter color and will probably stain easily. You'll probably not want to see the color fade either. Interesting thing... the colors fade - as far as I can tell, the black does not.

Kevy:
I just realized the best way to explain the "snug" comment - the seat covers don't breathe very well. I can't speak for anyone else but my butt and lower back get pretty warm sometimes. If you're more the type to slouch I don't think this is as much of a problem.
Old 12-16-2003, 06:02 AM

Tacoma Dude, we have the same truck? Now we can never go to the same runs... I'd just DIE if we showed up w/ the same truck.
My interior is grey though, not oak. I'm pretty sure I'll be going w/ the green camo inserts