Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

Where did it go?

Old 04-16-2003, 11:11 AM
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Where did it go?

:wtf:
Why was my picture and profile removed from the member's rigs section? I know the photo was the correct size.
Old 04-16-2003, 11:37 AM
Co-Founder/Administrator
Staff

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
If you read the page that Al has setup, the rules for entering your rig are clearly posted by him & I.

Also on the main page here at www.yotatech.com if you scroll down you will see these words by me.

Member's Rigs
This gallery allows you to post your rig & info on the fly. We reserve the right to ax entries that don't follow the rules
Your picture was 640x430 or something like that, and the correct size as stated in the instructions are 640x480.

When the pics are not sized correctly, him or I will ax an entry.
We want to keep the page symmetrical and to look inline.
To many other galleries on the 'Net have off size pictures, and it looks bad.

There's really only two simple rules to follow.
1. Make sure you choose Toyota 4 as your entry point
2. Make sure the picture is 640x480

The picture can be on your own server, or it can be hosted on Al's server to assure your pic will be up as his server is very reliable.
Old 04-16-2003, 11:43 AM
Contributing Member

I figured since it was smaller than the allowed size it would be ok. It would have been nice to have received an e-mail or something before just "axing" it. I understand there are rules, but there is a thing called courtesy. If you want people to leave just ell us and I will go somewhere else, but to treat people like kids is bull˟˟˟˟!
Old 04-16-2003, 11:50 AM
Co-Founder/Administrator
Staff

To be quote honest with you we have emailed you in the past when your pics were the wrong size.

I think we have axed your account about 3 or 4 times now?

And we get sick of having to email people and they don't take care of the problem.

Al & I decided since we run that section that the easiest way to handle it is to take the account down and someone can reenter it.

We are not in the business of hand holding here, and like stated, there are two simple rules to follow.

What part of the two simple rules is hard to understand?
Make the pic the correct size, or it will get axed.
Old 04-16-2003, 11:58 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by momo.75
I figured since it was smaller than the allowed size it would be ok. It would have been nice to have received an e-mail or something before just "axing" it. I understand there are rules, but there is a thing called courtesy. If you want people to leave just ell us and I will go somewhere else, but to treat people like kids is bull˟˟˟˟!
Dude, quit whining and just resize the pic! It's not hard! Send it to me and I'll do it for you.
Old 04-16-2003, 12:02 PM
Contributing Member

Actually I don't remember asking you, Churnd. :ahole:
Old 04-16-2003, 12:02 PM
Co-Founder/Administrator
Staff

Momo, you entered your rig again, and you did not choose Toyota 4 as the category, or include a picture

http://www.hboss.net/cgi-bin/readers...ew&user=momo75
Old 04-16-2003, 12:05 PM
Contributing Member

I am actually iun the process of doing it now..........hold the **** on.
Old 04-16-2003, 12:17 PM
Contributing Member

IS IT OK NOW??????
Old 04-16-2003, 12:23 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Actually I don't remember asking you, Churnd.
Momo,

Take a breath, man. The guy offered up his help and you call him an a-hole when you can't follow some simple rules?

Remember, this is not your "house", so to speak. You're a member here like everyone else. If you can't follow the rules, maybe this isn't the right forum for you.

Bob
Old 04-16-2003, 12:28 PM

dear momo.75,
In my opinion you seem like a jerk. you should relax and breathe easy. nobody wants to see your truck anyway with that attitude. If you have a problem with this forum, than go somewhere else. If you don't want to be treated like a kid than don't act like one....
Old 04-16-2003, 12:32 PM
Contributing Member

Uh, Bob........if you check the "smilies" it is in there and usually people pick the smily that fits..... so there you have it. I really don't think I asked for your opinion either. The thing about posts is that you can't really tell people's emotions so for you, Churnd, cvlighthouse to jump in and form an opinion is kinda funny to me. I am not pissed about all this, just curious. Yes I can follow directions and I know they don't want to take up a lot of server space, so my thinking was if the picture was smaller it wouldn't be a problem, and would actually take up less space. "Jerk" or not, I like most of you guys and have learned a lot from this page and fealt like I have contributed to this page a great deal. Sorry if you guys don't like me, and have been offended by this thread, but I have been offended as well. Hopefully the picture is ok and this thread can be terminated.
Old 04-16-2003, 12:35 PM
Contributing Member

cvlighthouse,
Correct me if I am wrong but kids use name calling......
Old 04-16-2003, 12:37 PM
Contributing Member

Can't we all just get along!!!!

Old 04-16-2003, 12:40 PM

is that why you called churnd an asshole?
Old 04-16-2003, 12:43 PM
Contributing Member

Momo,

The thing is, when you make a public post, you're basically asking for input from others. If you only want a certain opinion, use the PM feature. That's what PM's are for.

Now you seem cool to me, after all you e-mailed me those awesome pics from Talladega, which were a big hit BTW when I showed them to others!

If you really felt you were being treated like a kid, it would have been best to take it offline. I'd guess that the others shot those messages back because you came off so defensive in the first place.

I'm not looking to offend you or anyone else for that matter, so let's just all drop this and get back to talking about Toyotas.
Old 04-16-2003, 12:47 PM
Contributing Member

did I write "asshole"? Nope, it was a smily.......you don't get it do you? Churnd is from Mississippi, right on the river and I am sure he is not offended by that. I spent half my life in Vicksburg, so I am sure when he saw it he laughed because us "Good 'ole Boys" don't worry about petty ˟˟˟˟ like that. Churnd, if you were offended by the smiley and need therapy, I am sorry and I can recomend one in Vicksburg.

See, mertztr gets it. Yes it was my bad to make it a public post and for that I am sorry, but I am not going to piss and moan about this.
Old 04-16-2003, 12:52 PM

I realized I never added my truck to the Member's ride area. Its in there now right after Momo's.
Old 04-16-2003, 12:54 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
You asked for it...

I really don't think I asked for your opinion either.
Got some news for you...this is an internet forum. Even if you don't ask for someone's opinion you are going to get it. Yotatech members have been generally mellow and supportive. More so than any other internet forum I've been a member of.

The thing about posts is that you can't really tell people's emotions so for you, Churnd, cvlighthouse to jump in and form an opinion is kinda funny to me.
Lessee...first you say "WTF?"...then you graduate to saying "bull˟˟˟˟" in your next reply. Then you move on in your next post and saying to Chris "A**hole".

So how can anyone NOT form an opinion of you just by the way you've responded to your own post?

I am not pissed about all this, just curious.
Curious? Sounds pissed to me---or am I just mis-interpreting your emoticons?

Yes I can follow directions
Obviously you can't as evidenced by Corey's two replies to your claims.

Sorry if you guys don't like me, and have been offended by this thread...
I think you are making an ASSumption here. While I can't speak for the others, I'm not offended by you. I'm offended by the way you've responded to other people's comments.

Hopefully the picture is ok and this thread can be terminated.
And yes, if you reall want to delete the thread and spare yourself further embarassment, you can...but you already knew that since you're good at following directions, right?

Bob
Old 04-16-2003, 12:58 PM
Contributing Member

I have apologized and that is all I can do. Sorry if you guys don't like the smilies, but that is why they are there, isn't that right bob?

Search this Thread