Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

Where to buy tires?

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2005, 08:14 PM
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Where to buy tires?

Sorry I know it's kind of a newb question, but I'm getting tired of searching for these things. I'm between the Firestone Destination MT and the TrXus MT, which ever I can get for a better price shipped to my door. So lets see what you guys can come up with for ideas, I feel like I've tapped them all out. Where have you guys have had the best luck with getting good tire deals. List them or post up links if you would.

Thanks in advance
Old 11-17-2005, 09:22 PM
Contributing Member

just go to any discount tire, over 500 stores around the country, i personlly think they are the best.
Old 11-17-2005, 09:25 PM
Banned

discount/americas are both awesome

now online go to tirerack.com

however be aware if you go to a tire shop and tell them to install and balance my tires... you will get charged... so much sometimes that gettign tires online cheap negates jsut having gone to the tire store and gettign them.... tire stores dont make any money selling tires.... they make the $ in labor..... if you complain or haggle enough, they will sell the tires under cost, and jsut tag you with their standard labor to make a sale... which if you do it right works in your favor
Old 11-17-2005, 09:51 PM
Contributing Member

granted i spend a lot of money at discount tire for work and am in there often, i find them to be great on prices, they will give you a price that will work for you.
Old 11-17-2005, 10:30 PM

Costco ... never had any problems. They often have great sales, and really don't charge anything for labour. They don't have much choice for off-road tires, but for a daily driver you can't beat them.
Old 11-18-2005, 03:39 AM

Location: Far western Kentucky (transplanted from central PA)
I have the Destination LE's and called around to 3 local Firestone dealers and received 3 significantly different prices. Let your fingers do the walking.

I bought from Tirerack before also and, by the time you're done with having the tires mounted and balanced, the price was about the same as just going to a dealer. You can haggle with the dealer on the package price, too. Maybe get them to toss in lifetime balancing.
Old 11-18-2005, 04:37 AM
Contributing Member

If you come to Richmond, I can hook you up with some Firestone Destinations M/Ts
I have heard good things about both---pick one and try them.

Price is the same, perfromance and approx. tread life (based on what I have read)
Old 11-18-2005, 06:38 AM
Contributing Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by FilthyRich
If you come to Richmond, I can hook you up with some Firestone Destinations M/Ts
What kind of deal can you get. I'm in desperate need of new tires...Wanted some mt/r's but my wallet is saying "bad idea" at the moment.
Old 11-18-2005, 06:58 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by cootees
What kind of deal can you get. I'm in desperate need of new tires...Wanted some mt/r's but my wallet is saying "bad idea" at the moment.
Yeah MT/Rs have gone up. I paid almost $30 less per tire then they are right now....

I was quoted around $680 mounted, balanced, tax OTD for Destination M/Ts 285/75/16
Old 11-18-2005, 06:59 AM

Your in High point right? Well this is this place on the way to Troy, NC called Galloways 4WD Center. You can trade in your old tires towards the purchase of your new ones there. I paid only $500 for my 36/13/16 TSLs.
Old 11-18-2005, 07:00 AM
Contributing Member

I also stumbled across this link form ttora. Great prices shipped on Nittos
http://www.barretire.com/Tires/NITTO.htm
Old 11-18-2005, 07:08 AM
Contributing Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Yeah MT/Rs have gone up. I paid almost $30 less per tire then they are right now....

I was quoted around $680 mounted, balanced, tax OTD for Destination M/Ts 285/75/16
Sounds reasonable. I found an excellent deal on some procomp m/t's locally. 2k miles on them for $350... but they are 35/12.50/17... a little too large for me at the moment. If anyone else wants them then let me know and I can set you up with them.
Old 11-18-2005, 07:13 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by Stump1883
Sorry I know it's kind of a newb question, but I'm getting tired of searching for these things. I'm between the Firestone Destination MT and the TrXus MT, which ever I can get for a better price shipped to my door. So lets see what you guys can come up with for ideas, I feel like I've tapped them all out. Where have you guys have had the best luck with getting good tire deals. List them or post up links if you would.

Thanks in advance
Don't know what size trXus you are looking for, but interco sells their cosmetic blemish ones direct & they have a few sizes here

LT265/75R16 - $105 ea + shipping
Old 11-18-2005, 11:16 AM
Contributing Member

Eric, I wish Richmond wasn't so far away or I would be there for that price, but I think the cost in gas would diminish the deal I would be getting. Do you have a friend there or are prices just better in VA?
Old 11-18-2005, 11:45 AM
Contributing Member

Eric, I wish Richmond wasn't so far away or I would be there for that price, but I think the cost in gas would diminish the deal I would be getting. Do you have a friend there or are prices just better in VA?
A good friend is the assistant manager of a local Firestone.

Come on up for some wheeling and make a little trip out of it.

i hear you on gas. If I can help let me know

that Nitto link seems like great prices
Old 11-18-2005, 11:54 AM
Contributing Member

The link just leads me to Tirerack for the Desintation MTs. Well the more I look at things, I might just get them off the internet and have them mounted, Merchants will mount them for $50, putting me right at $720 for the whole deal, I just have to be patient, something I'm not very good at.

Eric I would be there in a heart beat to make a small trip out of it, I would love to break the tires in right with bit of wheel'n with ya, but time is precious and I have NONE of it, two jobs, 15 hours of class, and marathon training drains me dry. Thanks for the offer though, I'll let ya know if I throw caution to the wind.
Old 11-18-2005, 12:06 PM
Contributing Member

The link just leads me to Tirerack for the Desintation MTs. Well the more I look at things, I might just get them off the internet and have them mounted, Merchants will mount them for $50, putting me right at $720 for the whole deal, I just have to be patient, something I'm not very good at.

Eric I would be there in a heart beat to make a small trip out of it, I would love to break the tires in right with bit of wheel'n with ya, but time is precious and I have NONE of it, two jobs, 15 hours of class, and marathon training drains me dry. Thanks for the offer though, I'll let ya know if I throw caution to the wind.
I think that is a good price. What size again??

I have not forgot about the pledge either Pregnant wife makes me have a scattered brain
Old 11-18-2005, 12:47 PM
Contributing Member

I'm gettin mine at Sam's, I'm getting the BFG's but have heard nothing but good things. I had to special order the tires but they only charge $9/tire for mounting and lifetime balance and rotate with the warranty and free flat repairs and all that.

I will let you know how they do when I get mine put on.

Fink
Old 11-18-2005, 01:49 PM
Contributing Member

I think that is a good price. What size again??

I have not forgot about the pledge either Pregnant wife makes me have a scattered brain
i'm going with 285s I wanted 305s but this change alone is going to feel like a huge jump after being on these stock Rubi. tires 245/75s for so long.

I understand the scattered brain thing, I still have to send out reminder letters to everyone, but it doens't help when I can't remmeber it myself.
Old 11-18-2005, 02:23 PM
Contributing Member

I researched and did comparisons on the sames tires you're looking for. The TrXuS look cooler, but the ride sucks and they don't last as long as the Destinations. I talked to people and checked around for over 6 months before deciding on the Firestone's. I think they're great... pretty quiet for a M/T also! I think you'll be happy with those as well. I paid around $157 each plus tax/shipping... so like maybe $650 out the door. They were definately worth it! Had them almost 4 months now and I still dig them!

Quick Reply: Where to buy tires?