Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

What wiper blades do you like best?

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2007, 12:35 PM
Contributing Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What wiper blades do you like best?

Ok, for most of my cars they were not near nice enough to put anything but the cheapest blades i could find on them.

With this one though i want something that will work better than those and will last.

What brands/style do you use? I have heard good things about the silicone wipers, anyone try them? What about those twin style blades with 2 wipers? Rain-x?

since this is winter time what would you say is best for winter? I don't have snow but we do get some sleet and ice a few times each year.

And While i am at it, what is your faviort washer fluid? I have found the rain-x orange stuff to work pretty good and it is only an extra $1.

And OT a bit, i am supposed to have heated mirrors. How do you test/find out if those are working?
Old 12-14-2007, 12:48 PM
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bosch Icons. Hands down best wiper blades. I've had them on my fiancee's car for a year and they are great. The ice doesn't build up like it does on a normal springed-wiper blade. I just bought a pair for my truck. PepBoys didn't have them in stock so I went trolling online. Found a place in Arizona that sells all the sizes and had free UPS shipping on order over $50. So I just bought a few extra sets. No tax, no shipping, came out a third of what I was paying at PepBoys!

http://www.autohausaz.com

Also, love the orange RainX fluid. Its all I buy for winter use. I found Walmart has the best prices. Buy a shopping cart full when they have them. Soon as it starts snowing, the shelves are empty.

Not sure on the mirrors, my Taco does not have them
Old 12-14-2007, 12:51 PM

I just changed mine out last week and went with Anco winter blades.
Old 12-14-2007, 12:55 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by ac808m
Bosch Icons. Hands down best wiper blades. I've had them on my fiancee's car for a year and they are great. The ice doesn't build up like it does on a normal springed-wiper blade. I just bought a pair for my truck. PepBoys didn't have them in stock so I went trolling online. Found a place in Arizona that sells all the sizes and had free UPS shipping on order over $50. So I just bought a few extra sets. No tax, no shipping, came out a third of what I was paying at PepBoys!

http://www.autohausaz.com

Also, love the orange RainX fluid. Its all I buy for winter use. I found Walmart has the best prices. Buy a shopping cart full when they have them. Soon as it starts snowing, the shelves are empty.

Not sure on the mirrors, my Taco does not have them
Yeah i like that style, looks like it would work better. Do they have the silicone blades?

I also get my fluid at wally world ;-) best deal around. I have like 3 bottles in the garage.
Old 12-14-2007, 01:06 PM
Contributing Member

Bosch doesn't have any that I know of:

http://www.boschautoparts.com/Produc...lades/Icon.htm

PIAA does make a set of silicone. Not sure how they are. Anyone got a set?

http://www.piaa.com/WiperBlades/silicone.html
Old 12-14-2007, 01:07 PM

I've always replaced blades almost yearly, so I just go for the ~$7 Anco blades. They do the job. What I also do is if I know a rain storm is about to hit, I put some rain-x on the windshield. Helps a great deal. 2001+ Runners have a special coat on the windshield to repel water anyway, so I really can't see spending twice as much for silicone blades.

As for washer fluid, I tried out the orange rain-x just a few days ago, but I can't tell the difference between that and the regular good ol' blue stuff?
Old 12-14-2007, 01:42 PM
Contributing Member

Anyone tried these?

http://www.silblade.com/

Or what about these?

http://www.rainx.com/offer/

Also anyone know what size the rear window uses? The one back there now is all messed up and i think the the old owner put the wrong size on.
Old 12-14-2007, 01:45 PM

Well I recentally changed the wipers on my car to Reflex ones from canadian tire and so far they work great.

Last edited by JasonWin; 12-14-2007 at 02:02 PM.
Old 12-14-2007, 01:52 PM
Contributing Member

i got a pair of michelein blades that have never let me down, and i have seen some insane weather with them! well worth the price. they don't smear the mud all over the windsheild like some do, it coats the windshield so the water is repelled better. no ice build ups in the winter. but its all how someone uses them and takes care of them
Old 12-14-2007, 01:56 PM

The bosch Icons are awesome, they're expensive, but well worth the money
Old 12-14-2007, 02:03 PM

The rears are 13". You have to get the whole assembly from the dealership, or you can just buy replacement blade refills. That's what I did (got them from Autozone). They were cheap, too (~$6 for a pack of 2).
Old 12-14-2007, 02:11 PM
Contributing Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
i have the rain-x latitude there nice i like them alot better than the cheap ones i use to get
Old 12-14-2007, 02:19 PM
Contributing Member

I hate the Rain-X Latitudes. Have them on the truck right now. I'd rip them off but for the price I'm keeping them for a while.
Old 12-14-2007, 04:32 PM

Just changed mine OEM all the way and works great.
Old 12-14-2007, 04:57 PM

Costco silicone blades. I don't know the brand offhand, but any silicones are nice. Just keep them clean and they'll last forever.
Old 12-14-2007, 05:18 PM

i just threw some rain-x ones from walmart on and so far i've really like them. before i always went with the anco's but these are much smoother. sometimes the anco's will chatter right out of the packaging but the rain-x's won't chatter even on a dry windshield. we'll see how they hold up through the winter.
Old 12-14-2007, 05:49 PM

I used to buy ancos and rainx's but they always seemed to last only 6 months at the most. When I got my 4runner I bought the refills from the toyota parts dept. The package says toyota on it. I've had them almost 2 years now and they finally need to be replaced. I'm going back to toyota to get some more. From the experience i've had, they are the best.
Old 12-14-2007, 05:49 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I like the rubber ones that wipe the rain off the windshield
Old 12-14-2007, 05:51 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by dirtoyboy
I like the rubber ones that wipe the rain off the windshield
COOL! Where can i get some of those?????

I mean wiping the rain off the windshield! Why was that never thought of before! What a good idea! you need to patent that quick!

LOL, point taken.
Old 12-14-2007, 06:49 PM

I got some of those triple edge, wiper blades from walmart. I don't like them.

At nite when I'm driving in the rain, for about a second after the wiper blade wipes, I get a winshield of glare. Why is this? I washed my winshield w/windex and it still does it(my windows are kept clean). Any longer and it will be straight dangerous. It started this b4 I got my triple edge blades (this is why I changed my old ones).

Last edited by Mr.Dabadina; 12-14-2007 at 06:55 PM.

Quick Reply: What wiper blades do you like best?