Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

what do you think?

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2004, 12:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question what do you think?

i have a 98 4runner sr5 4x4, what do you think my truck needs (tires, wheels, lift, brush guard etc.) if i wanna offroad, mainly mud pits, but still wanna be able to drive it on the street and look nice, spending < $3000
Old 07-14-2004, 12:15 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
if you want to play in the mud, then all you ~need~ are some tires. If you want more, then the next obvious thing is lift and along with that a locker. don't type that B.G. word around here. you'll quickly learn that it's a no-no. if you want a protected front end, then go for a TJM or ARB front bumper. use the search button up top to find info on all these. for tires, that's your call, but bridgestone dueler a/t revos seem to be the most popular a/t. lift can be done by suspension or body. suspension lifts can be spacers on the oem springs or can be new springs or even coilovers. body lifts are by rodger brown and you pick from 1-3". you'll get a ton of mixed answers as to what's best. your BEST bet is to search old threads for info and make an informed decision on what YOU think you need...

WELCOME to yotatech. say goodbye to your wallet...
Old 07-14-2004, 12:34 PM
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yes, welcome to yotatech... once you settle in here, you will catch the mod bug. like said above do not get a brush guard, they offer no front end protection other than in supermarket parking lots.