Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

WET OKOLES ARE IN!pics

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2003, 12:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WET OKOLES ARE IN!pics

Very pleased with them! They installed for free-very quick and painless. The covers are really well cushioned and it really matches the interior nicely. In the picture, it looks like a light grey but in real life, it is darker-like the interior. Now I can dirty up the inside with no worries
PICS OF THE INSTALL AT WET OKOLE click here
Before

After

Rear seats

Pic of the Wet Okole Honda Element- they were getting it ready for SEMA
The Element has the "euro" piping option. It looks really nice inside the blue Honda-matched really well. The Element is a pretty neat car too.

A nice Taco that was just outside. BFG AT's and black wheels-cool.

Last edited by FirstToy; 09-08-2003 at 12:53 PM.
Old 09-08-2003, 01:10 PM
Banned

Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts
You need some Husky's!

Now you will only get mud and dirt on your nice CARPETED floormats! Get some Husky's dude and be as messy as ya wanna be and clean-up is a breeze. Hose on, dry off and might I suggest black, they show NO dirt, just look dusty after a while.

Those Wet Okoles look awesome!

My 0.02

Brian
Old 09-08-2003, 02:16 PM

The only dirt getting on the 4R mats is dust!
The 4Runner mats are in a closet

I'll eventually get some floormats but the ones in there now are from a Lexus I used to own. The color matches and even the no-slip hooks line up! They are super high quality so I'll beat those up until they get thrashed. I don't care if I muddy them.
Old 09-08-2003, 07:38 PM

Man those are on point ! I am tempted to get some because I don't want my sweat from running, salt from the beach, dirt from bike, and gunpower from shooting on my leather...

Do they go on/off easy ?
Old 09-08-2003, 08:13 PM

Wet Okole with piping

I'm kinda like the covers with the piping. Okay, maybe not yellow and blue, but something more subtle would be cool. Black and tan or even navy and tan. I just wish they had a color that was closer to Oak. I had W.O. send me a mocha, tan, and one other color (that slips my mind) and they just didn't do it for me. Am I just being too picky? Those of you with covers, do you find the colors to be close enough?
Old 09-09-2003, 06:36 AM
CTB

I found my colors to be pretty darn close, and they still look really good. I thought I originally wanted to use a dark green to match my exterior, but there wasn't a green that was even close...so I went with Mocha. You can see pics of my covers at my Webshots website.
Old 09-09-2003, 06:44 AM
Co-Founder/Administrator
Staff

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
Looks good FirstToy.
Oke's rule.
Old 09-09-2003, 07:41 AM

Almost like mine

-- Andrey
Old 09-09-2003, 10:12 AM

Originally posted by JGage
Man those are on point ! I am tempted to get some because I don't want my sweat from running, salt from the beach, dirt from bike, and gunpower from shooting on my leather...

Do they go on/off easy ?
Yeah, they saved my old truck seats from alot of stuff including UV. When I pulled the covers off after 4 years, man! The seats looked brand-new!

This is a no-stress environment now I don't care what happens inside so that's good.

The instructions say to leave them on to wash since they are 100% waterproof. Use wetsuit shampoo and clean everything directly on the seats. You don't need to take them off. They say the cleaning process makes the neoprene last longer.

They told me a guy came in after having WO's on for 7 years to get new ones- pulled them off and the seats looked brand new.
Old 09-09-2003, 10:23 AM

Re: Wet Okole with piping

Originally posted by Beachrunner
I'm kinda like the covers with the piping. Okay, maybe not yellow and blue, but something more subtle would be cool. Black and tan or even navy and tan. I just wish they had a color that was closer to Oak. I had W.O. send me a mocha, tan, and one other color (that slips my mind) and they just didn't do it for me. Am I just being too picky? Those of you with covers, do you find the colors to be close enough?
You will never find a "perfect" match just because the different materials (neoprene vs. fabric). Also, blacks and greys are the easiest to match. Colors are a bit harder- like your tan/mocha or medium value colors.

Also, when you look at small swatches, they look darker (this applies to paint chips too). The bigger the swatch, the lighter the color looks.

So when you look at a little swatch, you have to think,"ok, this will actually look a shade lighter." Also, look at the swatch IN you truck in the sun and in the shade.

I think you will be surprised- as long as the color is "close" your eye has a tendency to "blend" it together. You might notice a difference when "down on the carpet" really inspecting it but I'm sure 99.9% of the people that see or get in would think it matches.

The "EURO" piping like on the Element looked nice. I know some people mentioned they don't like it but it looks good in real life. Very sporty.
There is a "Half piping" where the middle is a contrasting color and piping just on the outside- I almost got that. $30/$40 extra per seat for piping.
Old 09-09-2003, 11:19 AM

Re: Wet Okole with piping

Originally posted by Beachrunner
My grey/black WO match pretty well to the "light charcoal" interior of my 2001 4Runner. I'll say they're 95% match when they're clean and almost 99.9% match when they're a bit dirty

-- Andrey
Old 09-10-2003, 09:41 AM

How much was the set? And for those of us not near the factory, how tough to install? (it didn't look very difficult).

Thanks.
Old 09-10-2003, 10:10 AM
CTB

$225 for the front seats
$225 for the rear seat (I think)

Front seats were an easy install. Take the seats out, wash the covers one time, install covers per given directions, put seats back in, enjoy!
Old 09-10-2003, 07:27 PM

WET OKOLES

Those seat covers are awesome, exactly what I need when I use my jetski. Where did you buy them? Would appreciate some information on where I can pick some up.

Thanks

Mike
Old 09-10-2003, 07:30 PM
CTB

Re: WET OKOLES

Originally posted by pcdoc1958
Those seat covers are awesome, exactly what I need when I use my jetski. Where did you buy them? Would appreciate some information on where I can pick some up.

Thanks

Mike
Check out wetokole.com for all the info you will need.
Old 09-10-2003, 07:44 PM

Originally posted by jharris2
How much was the set? And for those of us not near the factory, how tough to install? (it didn't look very difficult).

Thanks.
Yeah it's easy. They basically just pulled them over the seats and adjusted. The back seats use straps (see pics) which they cut the extra length with an electric knife.

You could easily do it in a hour or 2. They offered the free install so what the heck.
Old 09-11-2003, 09:50 PM

Thanks for the information. I will get a set for my rig.
Old 09-11-2003, 10:22 PM
Co-Founder/Administrator
Staff

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
A few installation pictures.

Scroll on down to the 'Okes.

Backs were the hardest to put on, you have to pull the carpet off and put the Oke behind it, then cut slits in the covers for the carpet plastic tacks to go back through.
Old 09-12-2003, 06:12 AM

Yup, looks good guys! Its been on my wish list for awhile now, but I have no idea what colors to get for my 89 Maroon interior

I got a few samples already..... should I hire an interior decorator?

Andrey, is that just white on black you have there?
Old 09-12-2003, 09:48 AM

Originally posted by 89-4run
Andrey, is that just white on black you have there?
They are actually light grey in color, but probably from my digital camera's flash light they look kind of white. On this WO chart they are #21: www.wetokole.com

-- Andrey

Quick Reply: WET OKOLES ARE IN!pics