Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

Wet Okole Seat Covers

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2004, 12:25 PM
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wet Okole Seat Covers (Now w/ Pics)

I purchased some custom seat covers from these guys today at their Costa Mesa shop on my lunch break. I think they need more generic colors to match cars but oh well. I have the oak interior and ended up going with 26 for the inside panels and black on the outside. The 26 is slightly darker than the oak interior, the dash and steering wheel portion, but the only other color they had was a lighter tan that was nowhere near my interior. I also had the throw on the TRD Racing Development logo in white just for kicks.

They said it would take 5-7 business days for them to be completed and then they'd call me up for a free install. When I have them on I'll post some pics for the curious.

The total bill was $284.46, ouch!, but with all the soggy seats I've had in the past from surfing this should help keep the seats in decent shape. I asked about group buys out of curiousity and the guy looked at me kind of funny. I then explained if 20 people were willing to buy the product would you cut them a deal? He said maybe...so I guess someone would have to organize that here and make sure it's doable.

EDIT:

Here are the newly installed seat covers. They did it at their shop as part of the purchase. The color match came out okay.

Last edited by Darx; 03-11-2004 at 10:32 PM.
Old 01-21-2004, 01:59 PM
Contributing Member

Well, if it's only a maybe with them...

Still - good looking out
Old 01-21-2004, 02:06 PM

Can't wait to see the pics. Just out of curiosity, what makes these Wet Okole Seat Covers so great. I mean it is almost $300 were talking about.
Old 01-21-2004, 02:10 PM
Contributing Member

custom fit, water-proof, added padding gives you the springy feel of seats again, etc, etc
Old 01-21-2004, 02:10 PM
Contributing Member

Yes, they're expensive. I was turned on to them by other forum members. They're neoprene so they will absorb water and for those of us in sunny socal that's great if you're into the ocean at all. Plus any incliment weather you get caught in, or offroading messyness isn't going to ruin your seats. Granted you have to care about that though.

They're custom made, at least the ones I'm getting are, and you can choose your colors, logos, piping, etc. It's expensive for the set if you want to make it match your interior but I've heard nothing but good things about these seat covers so I'm going to trust that feedback from these forums.
Old 01-21-2004, 02:13 PM

Thanks, now I know what all the big deal is about these covers. They sound pretty cool!

Old 01-21-2004, 03:39 PM

Stock interiors look pretty bland to me, the okoles deffinately give it a kick in the butt. If only I had the 3 bills. :pat:
Old 01-21-2004, 03:51 PM
Contributing Member

You would not believe how many people look into my truck and think I have custom seats because of the Wet Okoles in there. Mine are "wine" in middle panels and black on the outsides, to match my exterior and they really set off the interior.

They are impervious to virtually everything and I don't even worry about them when I am wheeling. Mud, snow, whatever, it comes right off and the covers look like new. Since they are tailored to exactly fit the seat, they look like they ARE the seat, not covers. Installation can be a pain, there is a bewildering assortment of straps and buckles, but one you get them in, they wear like iron and look GREAT

And, the best part is, when I have had ocasion to take them off, my seats look like they are fresh off the showroom floor

If you are thinking about seat covers, save your money on the CostCo models, and save up. You will NOT regret it.
Old 01-21-2004, 03:51 PM
Contributing Member

Tell him that you have one that will buy for sure if there is a group buy...

I want these bad
Old 01-21-2004, 04:01 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by Herkengineer
Tell him that you have one that will buy for sure if there is a group buy...

I want these bad
Well, you'll need to set that up then. I've already purchased mine. I asked out of curiosity after the fact so someone would need to take the lead on it and call them up to see what they're willing to do.
Old 01-21-2004, 04:24 PM
Contributing Member

Forget $300
I bought mine for $90 including shipping
They're awesome and they fit super good.
I just called 1 888 - 246 - 5653 and ordered the generic seat covers for my truck and then I chose black and black for the colors and I think they arrived in two weeks or so.

When I get a chance I'll post a pic, if you're really curious just do a search and you'll find plenty of info here.

best $100 I've spent on my interior.
Old 01-21-2004, 04:52 PM

What WATRD said

The extra cost is because you get PERFECT fit. No movement, stretching or "baggy"ness. Like WATRD said, they look like the seat not a cover.

No one knows I have covers. They think it is the seat. It's like a toupee (hairpiece). If someone says, "nice rug"....well it aint a nice rug!

They are also padded better but it's more about tailoring. Custom is always going to cost more since it costs more to make patterns instead of a generic pattern.

Non custom is a great value but there is no way I would say the customs are a ripoff. I think they are expensive but a good investment. If I was short cash, I would still feel great about the non-custom ones for $100

check out my pictures for install at Wet Okole

Last edited by FirstToy; 01-21-2004 at 04:53 PM.
Old 01-21-2004, 04:59 PM

Originally posted by ksurfer
Forget $300
I bought mine for $90 including shipping
They're awesome and they fit super good.
I just called 1 888 - 246 - 5653 and ordered the generic seat covers for my truck and then I chose black and black for the colors and I think they arrived in two weeks or so.

When I get a chance I'll post a pic, if you're really curious just do a search and you'll find plenty of info here.

best $100 I've spent on my interior.
How well do the universal seat covers fit on the seats?
Old 01-21-2004, 05:07 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by Vato Loco
How well do the universal seat covers fit on the seats?
The regular OKoles are the same as the customs as far as how they fit. The regular ones are just all black. If you go to their website you'll notice you have to put in thr specs on your vehicle regardless of whether you're ordering a regular set or custom set. They will fit perfect.

Last edited by Darx; 01-21-2004 at 05:08 PM.
Old 01-21-2004, 05:35 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by Darx
Well, you'll need to set that up then. I've already purchased mine. I asked out of curiosity after the fact so someone would need to take the lead on it and call them up to see what they're willing to do.
Well, being that you are able to talk to him face to face..would help the others in the group buy..
but if not, I will figure out how to contact him and ask for the rest of us who might be interested.
Old 01-21-2004, 05:38 PM

These are universal fit. $100.00
Old 01-21-2004, 05:45 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by swerks
These are universal fit. $100.00
are those Wet Okole knock offs? if so..they look great..if they are Wet Okole where did you get them at that price?..heck..whatever they are..where did you get them?
Old 01-21-2004, 06:08 PM

Those universal ones look pretty good. Is the back seat still without a cover? I was thinking about going with leather, but I'm think I might be better off to go with some covers and spend the money else where.

I need to find a full set. The back seats on second gens are a pain in the ass because they are sewn into the liner in the cargo area.

-Keith
Old 01-21-2004, 06:16 PM

Originally posted by Herkengineer
are those Wet Okole knock offs? if so..they look great..if they are Wet Okole where did you get them at that price?..heck..whatever they are..where did you get them?
Yea, where did you buy them. Those look great! It's $100 for the front only, right?
Old 01-21-2004, 06:41 PM
Contributing Member

Here's mine:

I abuse my seats so I couldn't afford anything more than $100...

great deal!
Attached Thumbnails Wet Okole Seat Covers-wetokole.jpg  

Quick Reply: Wet Okole Seat Covers