Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

Well they broke into my 03

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2003, 03:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well they broke into my 03

They broke into my 03 4runner today while i was at work. im not very happy to say the least. They broke the passanger side window and took my alpine cda-7897 and my beltronics top of the line radar detector(it was in the golve box out of site). Im glad they didnt take anything else. Im very glad i started this job for the rest of the summer. Im hoping the business will cover the expenses (its family so i think they will, if not im not gonna work there anymore, i cant afford to have my car broken into again). Well people F*ing suck.

Chris
Old 07-25-2003, 03:13 PM
Contributing Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
That sucks man, did you have an alarm system? I wish they had an alarm system like the one on Robocop. People wouldn't break into cars anymore.
Old 07-25-2003, 03:13 PM
Contributing Member

wow that really bites...
Old 07-25-2003, 03:18 PM
Co-Founder/Administrator
Staff

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
Sorry to hear that Chris, and I hope they gotcha covered.

I don't pity the fool(s) who break into my rig if I catch 'em

I hate thieves.
If you go with an aftermarket alarm later, get one that has a pager on it.

Many times people ignore the siren blast, and thieves know it.
My DEI Python alarm will page me, and I think it works for upto one mile, I'm not sure.
Old 07-25-2003, 03:25 PM
Contributing Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sorry, Chris. It's happened to me in other cars and it's infuriating to say the least. Makes me want to get one of those systems that releases some kind of temporarily disabling gas (OK, maybe permanently) that'll slow the perps until the cops get there. Uh, you have wheel locks installed?
Old 07-25-2003, 03:26 PM

was it the businesses fault?? just curiouse cause im my stuff got broke into at my job I wouldnt hold the restuarnt responisble... mabey you have a differnt situation though, in any case that sucks, i had my trail rig broken into when it was a dd. they got about 200 bucks cash from my wallet, my ps2 with about 10 games and extra controllers and stuff, my cd face was on the ground 10 ft away pretty much ruined and allmy cd's (about 30 of them) were all gone, the crappy part is i found out who did it told the cops and they cops didnt do anything....makes me sick that people can do that kind of stuff.... anyways hope your get everything replaced and back in order....sorry to hear about the bad news...

wade
Old 07-25-2003, 03:28 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Chris,

Man, sorry to hear that. I've had 3 stereos stolen---not good ones at all like yours, but nevertheless i can understand how you might be feeling right now.

Hey, keep an eye out on ebay. i believe theres a way to search it for "local listings". Keep an eye out for your model and if need be, have one of us non-local guys email the guy for a close up of the serial #. then buy it back and you can have the cops bust his (blank).

Bob
Old 07-25-2003, 03:32 PM

thats a good idea bob, never thought about doing that with the stuff i had stole.....id be willing to buy it from him if you need to!

later
wade
Old 07-25-2003, 03:33 PM

Sorry to here:

That almost happened to me last December. It was about 3 weeks before I was about to show my truck at the World of Wheels when someone tried to break in while I was at the gym. They bent my door frame and shattered my pass. side window. My alarm triggered and they must have taken off. Luckily nothing was stolen. I have a very sensitive alarm with 3 sirens and besides the usual flashing lights, I added strobes on all the corners. It's very loud and bright.
Old 07-25-2003, 03:44 PM

20" American Racing Piranha's
That is your problem right there! Thieves are not that stupid, you are their prime target anywhere you leave your car. Thieves don't expect to find thousands dollars of audio and other removable equipment in a stock looking car. That's the price of looking 'good'
Old 07-25-2003, 03:54 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
'99 SR5 V6 4WD 4SP
And there's your problem right there! Last time I checked, Toyota manuals had FIVE speeds!

Bob
Old 07-25-2003, 03:56 PM

You have the alarm in your rig, given you didn't disable it. It has a microphone to pick up the glass breaking, so given your alarm was armed, was it sounding off when you got back? If your alarm goes off while you are away, when you come back and unlock it, it shows that it went off. Did it show any signs that it went off? These kinds of things make me paranoid about my own rig.
Old 07-25-2003, 03:58 PM

Originally posted by wimpywade94
was it the businesses fault?? just curiouse cause im my stuff got broke into at my job I wouldnt hold the restuarnt responisble... mabey you have a differnt situation though, in any case that sucks, i had my trail rig broken into when it was a dd. they got about 200 bucks cash from my wallet, my ps2 with about 10 games and extra controllers and stuff, my cd face was on the ground 10 ft away pretty much ruined and allmy cd's (about 30 of them) were all gone, the crappy part is i found out who did it told the cops and they cops didnt do anything....makes me sick that people can do that kind of stuff.... anyways hope your get everything replaced and back in order....sorry to hear about the bad news...

wade
yes things at my family business are alittle different, cause the business is in such a ˟˟˟˟ty neighborhood they usually cover the cost when someone breaks into our vehicles. Its a crane rental company so it doesnt need to be in a good location. My uncle doesnt provide any where for us all to park so he covers our parking tickets and break-ins usually. They tried breaking into my fathers and cousins trucks a month ago they covered all the costs for parts, labor and things stolen.

yeah i was getting a new alarm installed this week i was waiting for a few pay checks to pay for it. Well i cant decide what to do now? Do i buy an inexpensive headunit for the next month till i finish up work and school starts or do i just buy another radio that is comparable. Im gonna be parking in the yard from now on or im not working there, it doesnt benefit me getting my ˟˟˟˟ stolen. Ive basically worked the last three weeks for nothing if the company doesnt pay my for it. Plus on top of everythign they asked me to come into work there for the next 2 months. I didnt ask for the job, I wouldnt be there if they didnt need help

Chris

Last edited by impulsebrklyn; 07-25-2003 at 04:00 PM.
Old 07-25-2003, 04:02 PM

i dont think my alarm went off to tell you the truth, nothing was going off and there was no lights. THe more i think about it im sure it didnt go off. It was a stock factory alarm. ONly thing that was going off was my flashers cause the asshole hit the button when he was ripping my radio out.

Chris

Last edited by impulsebrklyn; 07-25-2003 at 04:07 PM.
Old 07-25-2003, 04:28 PM

Chris,
Sorry to hear the bad news !

kronicx,
Man there isn't any glass break sensor in the stock alarm. The stock alarm, as far as car alarms go, is a joke when it comes to people stealing stuff out of your car.
Old 07-25-2003, 05:01 PM

And there's your problem right there! Last time I checked, Toyota manuals had FIVE speeds!
Well you should of assumed that one of my gears was out, or that it's an auto which is 4SP.
Old 07-25-2003, 06:10 PM

Originally posted by JGage
Chris,
Sorry to hear the bad news !

kronicx,
Man there isn't any glass break sensor in the stock alarm. The stock alarm, as far as car alarms go, is a joke when it comes to people stealing stuff out of your car.
Somewhere, I read about a microphone inside to detect the glass breaking. I've been reading the RS3xxx series of manuals online and must have mixed that up with what we have. I went back and read the owner's manual and see that glass breaking will not trigger the alarm. It even only sounds for a minute, then shuts itself off. What good is that? Thanks for going and ruining my false sense of security.

Question now is, what's a good alarm, what will it cost, and where is a good place to have it installed? I live out in the middle of nowhere when anything car related is involved. 90mins away, a new Best Buy was built with a car garage and such. Would that be my best bet?

Sorry for hijacking the thread

*EDIT: I don't even think Best Buy sells the alarms (from looking at their website), so I wouldn't install it there.

Last edited by kronicx; 07-25-2003 at 06:19 PM.
Old 07-25-2003, 07:48 PM

my audiovox 2 way alam saved my truck once already =]...i was going to school in abd part of town and decided that i am not drivig my truck there till alram was installed..took me a week of 12am-2am work but i got it..2 weeks into school in middle of class...my keychain started beeping and i was up and running...as i approached truck i saw people run off...they tried getting in....no luck =] i put a steel guard infront of the glass all the way accross so any screw driver method of lifting up the consol doesnt work....im still pissed though casue now i got a messed up doo handle...gotta work ont hat soon...i want to be able to completly remove the key hole lock from my truck and have it open only by alarm...and was thining about installing a switch somewhere on truck to deavtivate the locks incase remote is gone or osmething =]....anyway that wont stop them from smashing a window in.....basterds...how was it so easy to take the sterio? I have mine bolted from the back of the deck to the firewall...you have to remove upper part of dash to get to it =]...ill doa write up one day on how i did it.....also keep opened wires around your sterio...soem guy shoves his hand in there ZAP =] (that wont work so dont try it =] )

anyway ill be quiet now =]
Old 07-25-2003, 08:07 PM

Originally posted by kronicx
Somewhere, I read about a microphone inside to detect the glass breaking. I've been reading the RS3xxx series of manuals online and must have mixed that up with what we have. I went back and read the owner's manual and see that glass breaking will not trigger the alarm. It even only sounds for a minute, then shuts itself off. What good is that? Thanks for going and ruining my false sense of security.
Unfortunately, the system that comes with my (our) 2003 4Runner isn't the rs3200 plus system. It's just a theft deterrent system with engine immobilizer. Basically, the system is useless from preventing the rig from being broken into. It will only keep thieves from driving away with the truck. In fact, as far as I'm aware, the only way to trigger the "alarm" is for someone to force the hood open or attempt to unlock the vehicle from the INSIDE when the trucks already locked! How lame. I plan to get a DEI security system (with remote start) when I have enough cash..that might be awhile

ps-impulsebrklyn, sorry to hear about what happened...

Last edited by sy733; 07-25-2003 at 08:09 PM.
Old 07-25-2003, 08:41 PM

Oh yea im also trying tot alk with companys in aisa and together with a group of guys here we are planning on getting a alarm digital GPS GSM sat tracking and paging system...so you to can have your own Onstar...go online gain access to main server and unlockdoors...track car...shut down car =]

This project is 2 mths in production...im still in works on getting agreements with some more people so we can make it happen.

Quick Reply: Well they broke into my 03