Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

Wear Your Seatbelt!

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2003, 04:46 PM
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wear Your Seatbelt!

Just a little reminder, Wear your seatbelt! Mine saved my life the other night, I was in my friends Cherokee, we were going down this little winding road, you know the kind, densly wooded with a drop off and a creek down below, well we took it a little to fast 60mph, in a 25mph zone, guess they do know what they are talking about. Well needless to say we lost control did a spun around backwards and rolled down the side of the hill, if not for my seatbelt i would have gone out the side and have a nice squashed head.

Thankfully only got a couple of bruises, banged my head pretty good on that side window, but we were okay, jeep is totalled, but it landed right side up, and we were able to drive it back up the hill. Best part is my parents never even found out!

So Moral of the story is, wear your seatbelt, and 35mph over the speed limit is to much. Guess it really is a heep now. :pat:
Old 11-24-2003, 05:09 PM

damn that really sucks, glad you're ok though.

Yes always wear your seatbelt no matter what. Cuz you never know what can happen. But really, thank god you're ok. And is there a reason why he took the curves so quickly?
Old 11-24-2003, 05:28 PM

at least your ok ... Toyo_Runner96 is right anything can happen when your driving from your house to another house up the street. BUCKLE UP
Old 11-24-2003, 05:35 PM
Ric
Banned - User requested

woow

glad no one got hurt, and i do wear mine, i have to admit, not all the time, at least i got kids into the habit, as soon as they get in anyones car, the FIRST thing they do is out the seatbelt on...
Old 11-24-2003, 05:48 PM
Contributing Member

You should have said something to him while he was driving that fast. A good friend of mine past away back in highschool in a situation very similar to this. It's not worth the cheap thrill of going fast to put yourself in a situation like that. I never even put my truck in gear until I have my seatbelt on (it's like second nature now) Maybe at least now he has learned a lesson and wil think twice before he puts himself in that kind of situation again. He could have killed himself, you, or an innocent motorist that just happened to be on the road at that moment. Just be careful and always wear that seatbelt. It's there for a reason.
Old 11-25-2003, 08:45 AM
Contributing Member

You know all through high school I never ever wore my belt. I don't even think it worked in my POS car I had. After joining the military it is mandatory to wear if you want your family to have any benefits should something happen. Anyways I can't even drive now without wearing it I feel naked without it. Thank god I've never needed it but I am firm believer they save lives.
Old 11-25-2003, 08:58 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Glad you are OK. That's some scary stuff!!

I am a firm believer in seatbelts too. Here's my little story...

When I was alot younger (and stoooooopid), I had a Dodge Shadow Turbo. That thing was a kick to drive.

So, I'm cruising up the interstate to go visit a G/F in college (I was out already) and I get a nice big buck leaping across the road right in front of me. So I make a quick evasive manuever, get onto the side of the road, where I lose grip and go into the guardrail. The guardrail ends and the side of the road becomes an embankment. The trip into the guardrail bent my right front wheel back nicely rendering it useless as a steering implement. So the terrain helped me into a 75mph barrel roll. I left it on its roof and emerged unscathed. This car had the automatic seatbelts that rode around the door opening for the shoulder belt. I did not have the lap belt on. I always buckle up now.

BTW, the car was 2 weeks old.
Old 11-25-2003, 09:19 AM
Contributing Member

I cant drive without wearing one. I feel "naked."

Glad you are ok! Any pics?
Old 11-25-2003, 09:36 AM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by UKMyers
After joining the military it is mandatory to wear if you want your family to have any benefits should something happen.
The gubment/military can deny benefits to your beneficiaries if you are involved in a military related automobile accident while not wearing your seat belt??!! That is not right. Your beneficiaries will still have bills, your funeral to pay for and lost future wages, why penalize them? You will be penalized because you are now dead.

What do you do when you load up in the Abrams? Do you have to wear your seat belt while manning any military vehicle?
Old 11-25-2003, 10:30 AM
Contributing Member

Ya I kinda thought this was silly too. Basically it states if I am not wearing my seatbelt and I get into an accident and the unthinkable happens I will not get my life insurance.. I fly airplanes for a living and it doesn't say anything about not wearing a harness......hahaha
Old 11-25-2003, 11:13 AM
Contributing Member

I guess they figure any moron can drive an automobile, but only intelligent people can fly a plane.