Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

vvme 6000k hid lights installed

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2009, 10:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
vvme 6000k hid lights installed

I am about to go to bed so just posting a couple pics , i plan on making a write up on the install and where and how i mounted ballast, etc... this is the vvme.com 6000k bi-xenon kit. I only paid $72 shipped . came from china , but i ordered last friday and it came in on monday. everything works and fits great. i am extremely satisfied so far. sorry the cell phone pics do not really show how bright they are. I can see WAY better than the halogens and the beam and cutoff are much better than i thought they would be

BEFORE:

AFTER:

LOW BEAM:

HIGH BEAM:
Old 12-23-2009, 08:58 AM

Nice

Can you take a pic up against a wall at night so we can see the cut off.

Thanks,
Robert
Old 12-23-2009, 07:14 PM

I hope their not blinding, dumba$$es around here have been getting HIDs off CL real cheap and they are horrible driving around at night. They are blinding everyone and if you look there is very little light on the road.
Old 12-23-2009, 10:34 PM

It looks pretty good. But just my .02 worth, i think anything under $100 for bi-xenon is crap. If it has a full warranty on it then great! The big thing you want to look for in a HID kit is if it's fully digital or not. Non-digital kits tend to have more glare and less life expectancy on the bulbs. Here is a pic of my lows for the full digital 55w 8K kit I got from Retro solutions

great output but I also spent $200.00 on them. Didn't mean to jack your thread or anything, haha I much rather have better output of light. I can't stand to see these old cars around town with the nasty corroded lenses and they can't see 5 feet in front of them.
Old 12-24-2009, 06:28 AM

yours looks great, mine look nearly as bright as yours , but mine are only 35w . I wouldn't say mine are crap , they function perfect , high/low works perfect , and i am happy with their output. For under $100 , they still provide high/low function, better output than stock , not too bright to blind other drivers, and a better looking bright white color.
Old 12-24-2009, 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by tigertowncruiser
yours looks great, mine look nearly as bright as yours , but mine are only 35w . I wouldn't say mine are crap , they function perfect , high/low works perfect , and i am happy with their output. For under $100 , they still provide high/low function, better output than stock , not too bright to blind other drivers, and a better looking bright white color.
It's not brightness that blinds, it's the pattern. You put them into reflector housings, you are blinding others. Very simple.
Old 12-24-2009, 07:10 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Jwaldz your lights are awesome,nice ground/distance pattern.
Old 12-24-2009, 08:19 PM

Originally Posted by Georgia4Runner
It's not brightness that blinds, it's the pattern. You put them into reflector housings, you are blinding others. Very simple.
I am happy with them and do not believe they blind others, the cut off is very good for reflectors. i am aware of projector retrofits and the like , and really don't plan on going through that trouble on a 4runner. some cars come factory with reflector housings and hid;s , so it is not "very simple" . this could go back and forth , I just posted to say i am happy with the kit from vvme and like the extra output and better look i get over factory. for under 100 i am happy. if you want the best results possible, do a retrofit with factory projectors from another vehicle.
Old 12-24-2009, 08:32 PM
Contributing Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by tigertowncruiser
if you want the best results possible, do a retrofit with factory projectors from another vehicle.
At least you're honest. Majority of PnP kit guys will never admit to this.

Shameless plug for my retrofit :

Old 12-24-2009, 08:39 PM

jw but doesnt the 35w HID have about or a little more output then the halogens 55w bulbs so that means its not a good idea to be running 55w HIDs bc the output is much brighter. Thus being more destractive and outputting light that looks more like someone's brights...?

Wasnt exaclty sure on this but that is the logic i got from it but i could be wrong and am wondering if someone knows the actual answer bc i wanna get some HIDs but i dunno wat wattage is best and legal.
Old 12-24-2009, 09:34 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
damnit!!! i'd honestly be happy with a set of H4's for my '92 4runner, but i dont have the rectangular headlights, so i gotta deal with my crappy stockers hell the most i can do is upgrade to some better bulbs lol
Old 12-24-2009, 09:51 PM

Originally Posted by xskydivingdudex
jw but doesnt the 35w HID have about or a little more output then the halogens 55w bulbs so that means its not a good idea to be running 55w HIDs bc the output is much brighter. Thus being more destractive and outputting light that looks more like someone's brights...
yes, thats sorta the idea. 35w should have more output than your stock halogens no matter what the wattage is. 55w are pretty bright and I wouldn't recommend running ANY hid kit in a 98 & below 4Runner headlight. The only reason I got the kit I did was bc of the fact that the components made in the kit reduce glare and that I also have the 99 headlighs. I have had these HID's for around 3-4 months now, drive a lot at night, and have not once been flashed. I'm not saying there isnt any glare... but I can assure you there is a hell of a lot less than your eBay special or average HID kit that many people role around town with. A retro-fit will be in the future for me cus I want that purty cut-off haha
Old 12-25-2009, 08:14 AM

I'm just going to put this out there for people with PNP or thinking about them. A 35w HID kit puts out roughly the same lumen output as an h4 halogen in high beam mode. Since the 4runner uses the same reflector housing for both low and high beams, the reflector design is a compromise between a low beam and a high beam reflector design, and using a PNP HID kit is like running around with your halogen high beams on all the time unless you are using casper shields. Vehicles equipped with factory hid reflectors use a separate high beam reflector so the low beam reflector housing can be designed to minimize glare. You also don't get pretty colors =)

Colormodded G35 projectors(similar to FX's)
Old 12-25-2009, 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by JWaldz
but I can assure you there is a hell of a lot less than your eBay special or average HID kit that many people role around town with.
What makes the ones you have so much better? Casper Shields?
Old 12-25-2009, 06:28 PM

I was thinking about buying some HID lights. I got 200$ in my pocket right now.... Whats a good kit for my 4runner? and im guessing the Retrofitting is necessary? I want Max output but also not blinding. And No blue tint lol i hate that. I want like pure white. Any suggestions on a entire kit for like 200 and less?
Old 12-25-2009, 06:28 PM

Ooops double post
Old 12-25-2009, 07:46 PM

Originally Posted by JWaldz
It looks pretty good. But just my .02 worth, i think anything under $100 for bi-xenon is crap. If it has a full warranty on it then great! The big thing you want to look for in a HID kit is if it's fully digital or not. Non-digital kits tend to have more glare and less life expectancy on the bulbs. Here is a pic of my lows for the full digital 55w 8K kit I got from Retro solutions
Digital has nothing to do with output. They all use the same bulbs. The only difference is in the ballasts.
Old 12-25-2009, 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by 98runner210
What makes the ones you have so much better? Casper Shields?
the vvme kit i have has shields. when high beam is switched on , the bulb retracts backwards and allows light to hit the bottom of the headlight housing through a space in a shield. The shield makes a big difference as it doesn't allow the light to reflect off everywhere in the housing when on low beam.
Old 12-26-2009, 08:24 AM

ddm tuning also makes a great kit. i have their 35w kit and i love it. they also have a lifetime warrenty
Old 12-26-2009, 08:56 AM

I've been thinking about trying a kit with casper shields. I don't want to be a douche blinding everyone on the road though. I have the 99+ headlights

Quick Reply: vvme 6000k hid lights installed