Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners
View Poll Results: How will they look.......
Good
66.32%
Nope
33.68%
Voters: 95. You may not vote on this poll

TRD Decals

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2002, 03:27 PM
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TRD Decals

Need to get ya'lls opinion on these. I posted a poll on the 4x4 forum so I figure I should do it here also. How will these look on my 4Runner (Black/Charcoal TRD All Terrain)? I plan on putting them in the same spot as the Tacoma.

http://www.streetgraphics.net/catalo...g.toyota.shtml

Thanks guys. Later.

Matt
Old 06-24-2002, 05:30 PM
Contributing Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
I put the black/charcoal on my burgundy 4Runner, I think you will be better off with black/red though. Just my opinion.
Old 06-24-2002, 06:03 PM
Contributing Member

Hey Philly

Philly,
I absolutely love the Dynomax, but more so now that the Pacesetter tip is on. I would not have believed that a tip would make such a difference, but it did. At idle, a nice mellow rumble. During acceleration, you hear just enough to know it's back there (No drone or resonance at all). At highway speeds, it's quiet. The thing sounds perfect. Everyone compliments the sound of my 4Runner now. I love it!! Just wish I could afford and had the balls to get a supercharger. Later.

Matt
Old 06-24-2002, 06:08 PM
Contributing Member

I don't think I will like the black/red. I was at my local dealer today and saw several Tundras and Tacomas with the black/red. I don't like it.
Hopefully my webshots link in my signature will work now. I don't know whats up with it. It won't display, but the website I posted in the thread did. I copied and pasted again. Maybe it will work this time.

Matt
Old 06-24-2002, 11:43 PM
Contributing Member

I think they'll look okay, but I think you run into a problem when you put on the drivers side because the fuel door gets in the way
Old 06-25-2002, 03:15 AM
Contributing Member

Matt,
Luke just ordered some Black/Charcoal ones for our white Runners. I am curious to see how they will look as well. I don't like the red I have nothing on my truck that is a bright color so I don't think it would go too well. Will post some pics when we get them on!
Old 08-23-2002, 07:47 AM

I'd be interested to find out how people overcame the gas tank problem? I saw the decals on Dread's page. I was thinking about getting red/black combo myself. this is an old post dont know if anyone will answer Halloooo out there!:tomcat:

-Matt
Old 08-23-2002, 08:01 AM
Co-Founder/Administrator
Staff

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
Contact Nate:
http://community.webshots.com/album/23674602oBQldppTik

http://community.webshots.com/user/mtbnate

He cut his sticker to fit over the gas tank door.
You can contact him here:
https://www.yotatech.com/forums/memb...info&userid=35

Corey
Old 08-23-2002, 09:14 AM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by SpecializedBrder
I'd be interested to find out how people overcame the gas tank problem? I saw the decals on Dread's page. I was thinking about getting red/black combo myself. this is an old post dont know if anyone will answer Halloooo out there!:tomcat:

-Matt
I cut the sticker, it actually looks really good, i will try to get pics of it asap
Old 08-23-2002, 11:37 AM

Originally posted by Philly
One other question, how's that new Dynomax "muff" been treating you? And the Pacesetter tip? Curious to know if you like the setup and the tone it produces.
Phil, You weren't asking me, but FWIW, I removed my Dyno and the Pacesetter. Everything's back to stock. I couldn't find a decent tip that would do what I wanted, so.....
Old 08-23-2002, 11:46 AM

thanks for the help! I'm gonnna try the decals out...ill post pics when I get them

-Matt
Old 08-23-2002, 11:49 AM

I'm not that big of a fan of TRD when it comes to 4Runners. Their racing history is great when it comes to trucks, but I think they neglect late model 4Runners and if it wasn't the fact that they resembled Tacomas so much (i.e. 3.4L engine), I doubt they would have anything available.

Just look at the (few) parts that TRD currently has available ... are they not almost exactly interchangeable with Tacomas? I have a feeling that they were not really designed for 4Runners but just happen to fit with a few minor modifications!
Old 08-23-2002, 12:07 PM

As long as TRD makes good stuff like the supercharger I will remain a fan
Old 08-23-2002, 02:04 PM

As long as TRD makes good stuff like the supercharger I will remain a fan
I agree that they make some good stuff (except for their off road suspension components) but my point is; that the stuff that they do make probably wasn't designed with the 4Runner in mind. Just another case of it fits so let's market it.

But when I look at the decals for the poll above, when it says "TRD Off Road" or "TRD All Terrain" to me the stickers implies that you are using TRD Suspension components which we all know is probably not the case because they do not make suspension stuff for 4Runners (not consdidering WAYDO), so unless you happen to be running TRD Bils that were designed for Tacomas (which I do not know why anybody would, because they are not valved correctly for 4Runners) then the stickers/decals do not make much sense.

Why advertise for TRD on stuff that they do not even make nor have any interest in making? I mean if they had an interest, would they not have developed something by now?

By the way, TRD doesn't really make the Supercharger, it's Eaton and they are just badged with the TRD emblem. IMO a superior combination would be the Eaton M90 S/C with a Spearco Intercooler. And if memory serves me right, I think TRD dropped the ball on the first generation S/C by not taking Fuel Management into consideration before they started to market it (TRD's fault not Eaton's). Which you can read all about on Gadget's site.

Just my .02 worth.
Old 08-23-2002, 02:10 PM

1 vote for beowolf to become a lawyer for class action lawsuits!
But maybe its just me but I when I think TRD I think customization, speed and It kinda says hey 4runner can go offroad not just tacoma and tundra. I am hopefully going to get the TRD super charger for the 2.7 which is made in south africa...it seems trd just takes stuff they like and rebrand it and make it more expensive...but i dunno

Last edited by SpecializedBrder; 08-23-2002 at 02:14 PM.
Old 08-23-2002, 02:33 PM

1 vote for beowolf to become a lawyer for class action lawsuits!
LOL, sorry about the rant and I am definitely not a TRD hater! I would like to get their headers! Then I will put some stickers on ... Just kidding!

Originally posted by SpecializedBrder I am hopefully going to get the TRD super charger for the 2.7 which is made in south africa...it seems trd just takes stuff they like and rebrand it and make it more expensive...but i dunno
Do you know who makes it for them? Anychance at buying straight from the factory? Or even better, can you get another S/C that is ported to accept an intercooler, that should draw even more ponies over just the S/C.

Last edited by Beowulf; 08-23-2002 at 02:49 PM.
Old 08-23-2002, 02:46 PM

But maybe its just me but I when I think TRD I think customization, speed and It kinda says hey 4runner can go offroad not just tacoma and tundra.
Exactly!!! That's what I mean about neglect, we all know that the 4Runner is just as capable so why doesn't TRD do something for us?
Old 08-23-2002, 03:15 PM

totally agree with you there beowolf
Old 08-24-2002, 07:37 PM

just a side note

Some of the guy's that I've gone wheelin' with up here refer to TRD as TERD, just to get under my skin. Personally I like some of TRD's parts but because of those comments I don't think I'ld want to use the decals.. Then and again they were all runnin Ford. Chev, and Dodge, so what do they know!

Fred
Old 09-08-2002, 09:58 AM
Contributing Member

I am putting Downey Coils and Bils on mine to justify having the decals. Right now they are just purty stickers on the side of the runner with no meaning.

Quick Reply: TRD Decals