Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

Toys4Runners coming soon...

Old 08-17-2005, 10:18 PM
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb Toys4Runners coming soon...

Well...I've had three 1st Gen 4runners so far and slowly along the way I have learned a lot about them and made modifications I haven't seen anywhere else, and also played with a lot of others ideas. So I am thinking of launching a site but would like some feedback... The site is "www.toys4runners.com" ('lil pun there) and is in progress. Up and running I hope to have; Repairs, Tech articles about 4runner flukes and notorious problems, tips and cheap trick ideas all simple but very useful, and some kits up for sale or explain it if you want to do-it-yourself of the mods I've done, maybe some aftermarket ideas except with cheaper prices. I am a little hesitant however, this is my daily driver and with gas these days and what have you have no plans for the $Runner mods (i.e. 6" Lift, Coil Over solid axles, dual marlins w/ 35" Swampers) instead more practical I guess IFS, 33 MT/R's, 1" Lift, naked (no top/doors) and some nifty lil tricks. Anyways long post short, I don't really want to get it all up there to have 2 or 3 hits a month. But rather some steady traffic, giving people ideas to mod their Toy. Anything you look for in a site you would want to see but can't find? what you think?

Thanks!!!

Dan
Old 08-18-2005, 07:34 AM

When you start up a site, you aren't going to get a lot of traffic right off. As word of your site grows, the traffic will increase. Put the site up and see how it goes. I'll visit a couple times, just to give you more traffic if that's all you are looking for.
Old 08-18-2005, 07:44 AM

I second that! There will never be enough Toyota tech resources available.
Old 08-18-2005, 10:53 AM
Contributing Member

if you build it, they will come...

but build it first, THEN promote it. :^)
Old 08-18-2005, 12:32 PM
Contributing Member

Coming from the business of web design, the only reason you want steady traffic to a website is when you get paid for hits or are pining to charge vendors for advertising. I don't know if you're doing this site out of the kindness of your heart or are doing it to turn a profit, but getting traffic to a site is nothing more than clever advertising.

If you are planning on selling product and ad space on your site, the only way to get up and running with traffic is to start looking into a link exchange program. Find other 4Runner sites, write to the owners and see if you can swap advertising. Then if you get a steady load of traffic, you have the choice to continue on that path or to drop your links. It's entirely up to you.

Whatever you may do, good luck to you and the site.
Old 08-18-2005, 12:48 PM
Contributing Member

Talking

Thanks for the posts and to the future posters....I would like to have a few things up to buy...not a big fan of pop ups and ads though, the site will be mainly for Toyota owners or future buyers to get ideas and to see how clever or (not so clever...fixes) toyota really is and what you can do off of that. I web search and find ideas and what I need but it is always from several different sites and 6+ google pages later..Im trying to make that one site..we'll see

On that note...anyone looking for something in Toy sites that can't find very easily or would like to see...just getting ideas to help build it anything helps... THANKS AGAIN!!!

dan
Old 08-18-2005, 12:54 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by Hofmeister
I would like to have a few things up to buy...not a big fan of pop ups and ads though, the site will be mainly for Toyota owners or future buyers to get ideas and to see how clever or (not so clever...fixes) toyota really is and what you can do off of that.
If this is really the case, then don't worry about the hits! I built a website for my wife who is a real estate agent and she maybe gets 20-30 TRUE visits a month. Now it doesn't sound like much, but the people that visit are actually interested in what her site has to say. If you just want to offer infmration and maybe a product or 2, what does it matter if 3 million people hit the site or 30? Don't focus on the quantity of visits... only the quality of visits. Good luck!