Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

tired of 4wheeling

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2005, 03:26 PM
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
tired of 4wheeling

Here in SW VA there is noone that wants to go 4wheeling....AND THATS SAD!! I always go by myself and everytime I ask all these Chevy's and Fords out they make up some excuse....either put up or shut up! I'm a balls to the wall kinda guy and these guys here seem to be a bunch of pansies Hell i just played around in mud today in 2wd! Only time I used 4wd was when i power braked in a hole and got it nice and deep for the next guy I saw this guys 4runner downtown today with a 4" lift and swamper sx's on it so i decided to leave a note on it and see if he had some balls to go 4wheeling...and of course he never called! Such pussies here in Virginia...hell and I don't even have a locker and 2 cv's with busted boots!
Old 07-03-2005, 03:44 PM

IM here in Maryland, I am down to wheel... im stock but just got some new tires so its on like donkey kong. there is hardly any good spots to wheel here, but maybe you know of some in virgina.... hook a brotha up!
Old 07-03-2005, 03:46 PM

I wouldnt call them "Pussies", i know alot of people around here in roanoke that go 4wheeling all the time. Most are jeep owners, and they're a few toyota owners around here. Once I gain more income to get rid of my bald tires and the OME lift I've been wanting ill hit you up. I'll be living in blacksburg next year, until then, keep throwin that mud around.
Old 07-03-2005, 04:06 PM
Contributing Member

When do you want to go???? As long as I get a bit of heads up, I'm down.
Drop a line when you figure out something.

Uhwarrie????
Old 07-03-2005, 04:15 PM
Contributing Member

I'm down whenever! Lets do it! I'm used to hitting anything that comes around. rollindamud...i gotta strap....lets hit it! get your jeep dudes together and lets do it! I'm just so tired of the mall crawling freaks and ready to get it on. I tried to chase down about 3 guys the other hight in 4runners the other night but they were more obsessed with finding ass than anything! I'm a one man team...and if I get stuck...hook the strap and lets hit the next one!
Old 07-03-2005, 06:39 PM
lee
Contributing Member

thats why you need to do what i did..

...start a 4roc chapter!
Old 07-03-2005, 07:03 PM

I've been driving all around here trying to find places to go, but just can't find any trails... there's one in my neighborhood but the cops were glad to let me know that even though I live here I'm not allowed down it
Old 07-03-2005, 07:37 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by SolidDigital
I've been driving all around here trying to find places to go, but just can't find any trails... there's one in my neighborhood but the cops were glad to let me know that even though I live here I'm not allowed down it
same here....everyone owns the property and its gated off. i just know a little back road that is trout stream access and i've been playing around trying to make the holes a little deeper!
Old 07-03-2005, 07:55 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by callmej75
same here....everyone owns the property and its gated off. i just know a little back road that is trout stream access and i've been playing around trying to make the holes a little deeper!
tread lightly!
Old 07-03-2005, 09:00 PM

there've gotta be some good trails in va... if anybody knows of one we should all meet up there sometime
Old 07-03-2005, 09:35 PM

heres the club that im part of when i am in blacksburg. im gone for the summer, but i know theres several people in that area that are wanting to wheel.
http://www.sc4wda.org/
Old 07-04-2005, 06:38 AM

Those Ford and Chevy boys are probably afraid that a little Toyota might make 'em look bad.
Here in Wisconsin we have a lot of what we call "city cowboys" who cruise around in their lifted 4x4s but their trucks are always spotlessly clean. They spend more time cruisin' for chicks than they do wheelin'. All show and no go, if you ask me.
Whats the point in having a 4x4 (unless you live in a state that has snowy winters) if you arent going to take it off-road every now and then???
Cap'n
Old 07-04-2005, 08:14 AM
Contributing Member

Captain Toyota, your right on with the (all show and no go) I see it all the time. Even the guys with nice rigs tell me what I need to do (lift, bigger tires, more power, ect) and they never hit the mud, snow or trails themselves. I even got a few to head out with me and they turned back for fear of scratching, denting or dirtying there rigs.
Old 07-04-2005, 10:59 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Here in SW VA there is noone that wants to go 4wheeling....AND THATS SAD!! I always go by myself
You gotta know where to look.

Check out some of the clubs in this link.

Also, check out TTORA-VA.
Old 07-06-2005, 02:50 PM

I am in VA and i go wheelin all the time...

Old 07-06-2005, 02:53 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by surelly09
I am in VA and i go wheelin all the time...

You're all the way out by the beaches....would be like a 4-5 hour drive from here or I would say lets hook it up sometime! Well I'm not moving very far right now with a fried alternator....
Old 07-06-2005, 08:29 PM

thought they didn't allow vehicles out on va beach..
Old 07-07-2005, 03:58 AM
Contributing Member

dunno how far uwharrie is from you but any given weekend there are 50 bajillion people there, me and some other NC people are gonna go sometime soon. you can always just hook up with a group when you get there. wheeling on unorganized backwoods trails is nothing like the stuff in an organized ORV park.
Old 07-07-2005, 04:12 AM
Contributing Member

I go out side of Harrisonburg VA and so on.....

Out side of Harrisonburg VA on Rt33W once you get out side of the city limits you start into the GWNforest, there are miles and miles of trails,every time I head to my cabin I stop and hook up with Toyota club guys, or Jeep guys. Those trails run from mild to INSAIN, Mud to rock. If you continue on 33W for about 40 miles once you go over the mountain you come to Brandywine WV. Take a left there and "Im not 100% on miles" go about 10 miles give or take and make a left into the Brandywine recreation area, Im not kidding I went over 30 miles out on one trail! There are trails in the area, I wouldnt reccomend wheeling hard alone though, I ripped a tire about 8 miles out and the way my truck was in the washout I could not get my spare out and had to walk out.. that will RUIN your day.!!!!!!!!
Old 07-07-2005, 04:52 AM

That will help get that trail closed also.
Try to leave no trace that you where there and maybe all the trails won't get closed.

Quick Reply: tired of 4wheeling