Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

Think I Should Get A Grill Guard?

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2003, 09:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Think I Should Get A Grill Guard?

For the past few weeks I've been thinking if I should purchase a grill guard with the tailight guards. If I do purchase it its going to be black and with the clear lenses (which I have already ordered) up in the front. You guys think I should get the grill guard? Here is a pic of my rig:
Old 04-18-2003, 09:50 PM
Contributing Member

i'd say go for it. but the majority of the board probably won't.

i guess it depends on how you use your rig. if you are constantly going hardcore off-road and rock crawling and what not, then it's not a good idea. if you like me and use your runner as a daily driver and still like to occasionally tear it up in some moderate off-road action, then it's something to consider. it won't save you in a major accident, but it definitely can help in those everyday kind of dents and bangs. some say it makes things worse in an accident, but that's debatable.

i got one by waag and i like it. tail light guards too. like i said before, i like the stock bumper and grille guard look. whenever i end up destorying it in an accident, that's the day i'll get a real bumper like arb. i think it'd look good on your rig.

Old 04-18-2003, 09:53 PM
DSP

If you are...I may have a 3 month old WAAG that fits a 2000. Mint Condition, that may be available.

Let me know dsp420@msn.com
Old 04-18-2003, 10:11 PM

Originally posted by calrockx
i'd say go for it. but the majority of the board probably won't.

i guess it depends on how you use your rig. if you are constantly going hardcore off-road and rock crawling and what not, then it's not a good idea. if you like me and use your runner as a daily driver and still like to occasionally tear it up in some moderate off-road action, then it's something to consider. it won't save you in a major accident, but it definitely can help in those everyday kind of dents and bangs. some say it makes things worse in an accident, but that's debatable.

i got one by waag and i like it. tail light guards too. like i said before, i like the stock bumper and grille guard look. whenever i end up destorying it in an accident, that's the day i'll get a real bumper like arb. i think it'd look good on your rig.

I use it as my daily driver and its going to do some moderate off-roading nothing hardcore. Thanks DSP but my rig is a 96-98 model.