Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

Tacoma foglights

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2004, 04:52 PM
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tacoma foglights

I have head light covers and was wanting to add some foglights to the truck for nighttime drivin, anyone have any on thier Tacoma's that they recommends for a good fit, I was looking at the slim PIAA fogs for the bumper slots, but let me know if anything else works better.

thanks
Old 02-19-2004, 05:09 PM
Contributing Member

so let me get this straight..you dont use your headlights?
Old 02-19-2004, 05:34 PM
Contributing Member

As with every other forum on the net Ive ever been on, 1 out of 4 reply's are made by people who obviously have no business interacting with society at all. Headlight covers, you know, the smoke ones that allow light thru but not alot, you know, the ones that have been on cars and trucks since the dawn of man. Is there anyway to get notified in your email when someone gives an idiotic reply to a post so I dont even waste my time by checking it?
Old 02-19-2004, 06:41 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by ElwayLite
Is there anyway to get notified in your email when someone gives an idiotic reply to a post so I dont even waste my time by checking it?
Way to treat people when they are trying to help you out. Whats the point in getting auxillary lights when you could take the silly covers off and get good light. No sense wasting money looking for light when you've already covered yours up.
Old 02-19-2004, 06:45 PM

Is there anyway to get notified in your email when someone gives an idiotic reply to a post so I dont even waste my time by checking it?
What about posts by idiots who want to add more lights because the ones they already have stupid ÅÅÅÅing covers on them...

YOU can not be seriously be calling someone else an idiot.
Old 02-19-2004, 06:46 PM
Contributing Member

Lightbulb

Ok, i'll give this a shot.. I probably wouldn't spend much money on auxiliry lights if all you're looking for is to supplement your headlights. I bought a small set of fog lights (like the slim PIAAs).. they're 55watts and only cost about $15. Got em at a local hardware store.. Anyway, I mounted them to the bottom of my bumper, and they work pretty much as additions to the headlights. wish I had pictures, but haven't taken any yet. If you're interested, I can take some..

-Russell
Old 02-19-2004, 06:54 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by boogyman
Ok, i'll give this a shot.. I probably wouldn't spend much money on auxiliry lights if all you're looking for is to supplement your headlights. I bought a small set of fog lights (like the slim PIAAs).. they're 55watts and only cost about $15. Got em at a local hardware store.. Anyway, I mounted them to the bottom of my bumper, and they work pretty much as additions to the headlights. wish I had pictures, but haven't taken any yet. If you're interested, I can take some..

-Russell

Wow, my averages were way off, 3 out 4 posts are idiotic. At least Russell was nice enough to answer the friggin question, its simple, the headlight covers reduce headlight strength, therefore I need some driving lights to supplement them. I was skeptical about the $15 ones but I'd also hate to pay some of the prices for the PIAA's. I appreciate the offer for pics but dont worry about the trouble, I more or less wanted to find out what brands and types some people had tried, I figured the slims would be about the only option on my truck, I've done some more searching and found some Hella's on ebay that are slim driving lights and they are running $39 with free shipping. Out of curiousity where did you buy the fogs you got?
Old 02-19-2004, 06:57 PM
Contributing Member

Wow, my averages were way off, 3 out 4 posts are idiotic. At least Russell was nice enough to answer the friggin question, its simple, the headlight covers reduce headlight strength, therefore I need some driving lights to supplement them. I was skeptical about the $15 ones but I'd also hate to pay some of the prices for the PIAA's. I appreciate the offer for pics but dont worry about the trouble, I more or less wanted to find out what brands and types some people had tried, I figured the slims would be about the only option on my truck, I've done some more searching and found some Hella's on ebay that are slim driving lights and they are running $39 with free shipping. Out of curiousity where did you buy the fogs you got?
This might be just me, but you really sound like a royal ass.... Its not too nice to come into someplace new and start barking at people.
Old 02-19-2004, 07:00 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by Herkengineer
This might be just me, but you really sound like a royal ass.... Its not too nice to come into someplace new and start barking at people.
Dude, Ive been reading posts on here everyday for a week, and its the same thing on all of them poeple offer jackarse replies with no relevance. I didnt ask for someone to be my mom and tell me to take the covers off, I didnt ask who liked the covera and who didnt, I simply asked what brands of fogs had people tried, and all I get EXCEPT for one is a waste of bandwidth. This makes it 4 out of 5.
Old 02-19-2004, 07:00 PM
Contributing Member

We dont need to answer your question. The answer is take the damn covers off. Id say you get real far is life too being such an asshole to everyone.
Old 02-19-2004, 07:01 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by dbikeman
We dont need to answer your question. The answer is take the damn covers off. Id say you get real far is life too being such an asshole to everyone.

yes mom.
Old 02-19-2004, 07:02 PM
Contributing Member

Talking

Out of curiousity where did you buy the fogs you got?
I got them at the hardware store (I think it was a harbor freight) they have similar lights at kragen/autozone/walmart but are more expensive... mine came with the mounting hardware, fuse, & switch (but I replaced the fuse and switch with higher quality ones). they seem to work fine and work as a nice supplement to headlights; even though i haven't had the chance to try them out in the fog yet
Old 02-19-2004, 07:03 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by boogyman
I got them at the hardware store (I think it was a harbor freight) .. they came with the mounting hardware, fuse, & switch (but I replaced the fuse and switch with higher quality ones). but they seem to work fine and work as a nice supplement to headlights; even though i haven't had the chance to try them out in the fog yet

Thanks dude, Ive got a HF right down the street so Ill check it out this weekend.
Old 02-19-2004, 07:14 PM
Contributing Member

Dude, Ive been reading posts on here everyday for a week, and its the same thing on all of them poeple offer jackarse replies with no relevance. I didnt ask for someone to be my mom and tell me to take the covers off, I didnt ask who liked the covera and who didnt, I simply asked what brands of fogs had people tried, and all I get EXCEPT for one is a waste of bandwidth. This makes it 4 out of 5.
If you spent a week reading posts on here..and no one seemed to get help just jackarse remarks. Then why did you post and ask a question unless you like getting jackarse remarks right back at you?
I do not have fogs..I just have my regular lights and I see fine. Quit being a Honda and take off the smokes lense covers.
If you just wanted to know what kind of fogs/driving lights people have then post a question just like that..or even create a poll.
also, if dipshiit answers are a waist of bandwidth ( nice word by the way) then why do you keep responding to them?
Old 02-19-2004, 07:22 PM
Contributing Member

If you spent a week reading posts on here..and no one seemed to get help just jackarse remarks. Then why did you post and ask a question unless you like getting jackarse remarks right back at you?
I do not have fogs..I just have my regular lights and I see fine. Quit being a Honda and take off the smokes lense covers.
If you just wanted to know what kind of fogs/driving lights people have then post a question just like that..or even create a poll.
also, if dipshiit answers are a waist of bandwidth ( nice word by the way) then why do you keep responding to them?

Key phrase being that you dont have fogs, so why in the hell did you even reply, thats my whole point. People reply to a post they obviously have nothing to add to except to try and bash or humiliate someone, whats the point, are you bored. And I love how my trucks a honda now because I have blackouts. I keep responding because I dont like being accused of being an asshole. I put a simple post out there and all i got (except from one guy) were asshole replies, yet I'm the one accused of being the asshole. Pretty funny stuff.

"If you just wanted to know what kind of fogs/driving lights people have then post a question just like that"

if you read my post thats pretty much what Im asking.

"anyone have any on thier Tacoma's that they recommend for a good fit"

Last edited by ElwayLite; 02-19-2004 at 07:24 PM.
Old 02-19-2004, 07:24 PM
Contributing Member

Are you TRYING to make enemies?
Old 02-19-2004, 07:25 PM
Contributing Member

Key phrase being that you dont have fogs, so why in the hell did you even reply, thats my whole point. People reply to a post they obviously have nothing to add to except to try and bash or humiliate someone, whats the point, are you bored. And I love how my trucks a honda now because I have blackouts. I keep responding because I dont like being accused of being an asshole. I put a simple post out there and all i got (except from one guy) were asshole replies, yet I'm the one accused of being the asshole. Pretty funny stuff.

"If you just wanted to know what kind of fogs/driving lights people have then post a question just like that"

if you read my post thats pretty much what Im asking.
try a poll...ask people what they use, I too am looking for more lights ( at least to fill the holes ) but grow some balls man, so what if someone posted something sarcastic...learn to laugh it off... but see what you did was after one guy ( who is very well respected on this forum by the way) responded with a tongue and cheek comment, you then came back and slammed the whole forum for being a bunch of jackasses...of course people are going to jump all over you.... drink one of these and stop being such a

Last edited by Herkengineer; 02-19-2004 at 07:32 PM.
Old 02-19-2004, 07:29 PM
Contributing Member

try a poll...ask people what they use, I too am looking for more lights ( at least to fill the holes )

Alright, I setup a poll, if thats what It'll take to end this and actually get an answer. I used a ford ranger board for years and enjoyed it and was hoping to do the same here now that I own a yota, but this is definitely not the way I wanted the first week to go.
Old 02-19-2004, 07:31 PM

ElwayLite,

I actually was just going to give you some suggestions, but after reading your replies no way I'm going to help you. Good bye!

-- Andrey
Old 02-19-2004, 07:31 PM
Contributing Member

For fog lights I have the 99 factory Micro DE lights. Some people hate them but I put PIAA Ion Crystal bulbs(yellow look) in them and love them.

Quick Reply: Tacoma foglights