Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

Tacoma 2" lift question

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2003, 02:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tacoma 2" lift question

Happy New Year to all... I am considering putting a 2" lift on my 02 Tacoma 4x4 4cyl. Is it hard to do??? What all do you need to do a 2" lift on my truck. Someone told me all I need is 2" strut plates that mount on top of the strut tower and new shackles on the rear leaf springs, another one told me that I would have to replace my factory shocks if I put a 2" lift on. Can anyone help me and does anyone have any pics of a Taco with a 2" lift on it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 12-31-2003, 02:32 PM

Look into both Revtek and Daystar's 2.5" suspension kits...hopefully that will answer some of your questions. From the sounds of it you want to do a suspension kit, not body...right? There are honestly a million options out there for the taco's...I would start with those two though...feel free to hit any of us back with questions.

Billy
Old 12-31-2003, 03:55 PM
Contributing Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cornfed is a good option that is not expensive like Revtek. You can make your own spacer but If you put a 2" spacer in you will get 4" of lift. For 2" you would need 1" spacer.

Scott
Old 12-31-2003, 04:10 PM

Revtech is a good cheap way to get 3" lift .. The kit is around 400 or less and it comes with everything you need to install it. If I was you, have the shop put the spacers in the factory struts... its only like 50 for two...
Old 12-31-2003, 09:09 PM

i have some shots of my 99. not hosted, would have to email them to you. let me know. pm me.

the simpliest way would probably be spacers, front and back. wouldn't hurt the ride much, and pretty cheap. you might have some axle wrap but with only 2" lift you would be ok.. i got the SAWs cause i knew i wanted more lift later, and i like being able to adjust it as winch is added etc... and AALs for the back.. Add-A-Leafs gave a real stiff ride in the back, they were from skyjacker. its not unbearable, you just notice it over speedbumps. they increase your load capacity some...

or for the back you could get shackles. i have those on now too. didnt change the ride, no axle wrap. good option i think. you do have to re-route or cut your exhaust though.

any more ?s let me know. and PM about the pics if you want some

happy new year

Old 01-01-2004, 11:11 AM
Contributing Member

I recently had 2" of lift done on the front of my truck and that will basically even out the ride from front to back so nothing on the rear is really necessary for height.
Old 01-01-2004, 02:36 PM
Contributing Member

Darx:
Is the pic in the avatar with that lift?

obxfishn:
What are you thinking of doing with the lift?
I posted the same question a little while ago and people mentioned the spacers. I waited a bit on it and found a good number of people that don't favor spacers because they say that is causes premature wear on your coils.

I've been saving for a bit and it looks like I'll be getting a proper lift with SAWs soon.

Doing a search on here for a Tacoma lift is going to give you a LOT of threads to search and a handful that will be Tacoma specific.

Try TTORA
http://www.ttora.com

of Customtacos
http://www.customtacos.com

look through the topics there and do a couple of searches. While there's a wealth of information here, the Tacoma sites will be of more specific help.
Old 01-01-2004, 04:39 PM
Banned

obxfishn...
I'm not sure what part of VA you're in, but I had my lift done by Mr. Cornfed Suspensions himself(Dave) here in Va. Beach. If you've done alot of research, I'm sure you've noticed that Cornfed is highly regarded. For your Tacoma, I think a complete kit, front and rear, would run you about $270. He cut me a deal for my 4Runner kit just for being a local boy. Give him a holler, he'll hook you up. He charged me $100 for the install, including a custom welded panhard drop bracket. I feel very comfortable w/ his product and install; he was very meticulous and anal about doing the install.
Old 01-01-2004, 06:14 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by Tacoma Dude
Darx:
Is the pic in the avatar with that lift?
Tacoms Dude: Yes it is. You can see a bigger picture of it at http://www.planetquake.com/darx/DSC00272_sm.JPG