Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

Supercharger and URD kit install wen't bad

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2007, 06:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Supercharger and URD kit install wen't bad

Hey guys, i finally got a 2nd gen supercharger and a urd fuel kit I have been installing everything over the past week(supercharger, 318 injectors, walbro fuel pump, 2.2 urd pulley, 170 degree thermo and the FTC) The other day after i did everything except install the FTC i though i would try give it a crank over, just to make sure things were still ok, and to my disappointment something went wrong along the way . The car cranks over like it wants to start but never actually starts. I puller one of the spark plugs and it was covered with fuel(running way too rich). I then installed the FTC and tried starting it up again and it started almost for a second and then died off again. Wondering if anyone has any thoughts on how to get my beloved truck running again. Thanks....Casey
Old 08-03-2007, 06:14 AM

Originally Posted by collett
Hey guys, i finally got a 2nd gen supercharger and a urd fuel kit I have been installing everything over the past week(supercharger, 318 injectors, walbro fuel pump, 2.2 urd pulley, 170 degree thermo and the FTC) The other day after i did everything except install the FTC i though i would try give it a crank over, just to make sure things were still ok, and to my disappointment something went wrong along the way . The car cranks over like it wants to start but never actually starts. I puller one of the spark plugs and it was covered with fuel(running way too rich). I then installed the FTC and tried starting it up again and it started almost for a second and then died off again. Wondering if anyone has any thoughts on how to get my beloved truck running again. Thanks....Casey

I have no knowledge of the superchargers, but did you replace the gas covered plugs???
Old 08-03-2007, 08:00 AM

no,i didn't replace the plugs. I wiped the gas off though. I am pretty positive that my problem is bigger than wet spark plugs. They were probably wet because i tried cranking it over for too long of time without there being any combustion in the cylinders.
Old 08-03-2007, 09:19 AM

I'm sure no one is going to have an easy answer here. First, I would pull all the sparkplugs to confirm if all the cylinders are flooded and to alow the plugs and cylinders to evaporate the gas off. Next I would check the MAF sensor very carefully, make sure the wires and connectors didn't get crushed / pinched etc. Now check all the wiring to the injectors along all the plumbing of the vacuum hoses.

Bottom line, start over with the directions and check everything one step at a time. It's REAL hard to verify your own work, you tend to overlooks stuff, but it's time to check each step, each wire and each hose from beginning to end.

Good luck!
Old 08-03-2007, 10:37 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by tomstin
I'm sure no one is going to have an easy answer here. First, I would pull all the sparkplugs to confirm if all the cylinders are flooded and to alow the plugs and cylinders to evaporate the gas off. Next I would check the MAF sensor very carefully, make sure the wires and connectors didn't get crushed / pinched etc. Now check all the wiring to the injectors along all the plumbing of the vacuum hoses.

Bottom line, start over with the directions and check everything one step at a time. It's REAL hard to verify your own work, you tend to overlooks stuff, but it's time to check each step, each wire and each hose from beginning to end.

Good luck!

I would siphon suck out all the gas from the cylinders, let it gas dry completley, verify all vacuum connections, verify wiring for the ftc.
Old 08-03-2007, 11:04 AM
CJM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Remove all plugs, crank (BY HAND) to expel gas and let dry for a few days.
Old 08-03-2007, 03:16 PM

Thanks for the feed back guys. It seems like i am going to be taking it apart again. The upside is i will get really good at taking my supercharger on and off. If anyone has any other thoughts please let me know. Thanks again
Old 08-03-2007, 04:02 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Are you sure you hooked up the plug wires from the coil packs to the right plugs on the other bank?
Old 08-03-2007, 04:48 PM

I'm sure i have the plugs in the right ports, if that is what you're asking?
Old 08-10-2007, 06:57 AM

Did you ever figure this out? It's always good to post a resolution, may save someone else down the road.
Old 08-10-2007, 07:32 PM

no not yet, i will certainly will when i do though. I haven't had time recently to back track my steps.
Old 08-17-2007, 07:02 PM

Problem fixed, i had a kink in my fuel return line and a couple of injectors had a leak at the o rings. When installing new injectors make sure to put the injectors up into the fuel rail before putting them into the block, as i found out the hard way. After i got it running i discovered i had the problem of my fuel pump still pumping after i turned off the truck. Thanks to other threads i was able to fix it by hooking my FTC power wire to pin E2. Thanks for the help guys.