Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

stuck opne injector? any help is welcome

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2013, 07:15 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
stuck open injector? any help is welcome

own a 1998 4runner with 5vze engine and for some reason a few days ago,i noticed a big smell of gas coming from the engine bay and around it,well i inspected every line in the fuel system and theres no leak not even a single drop,with both engine running or off,as i said the smell only occurs when the engine is idling,but heres the rare event,if i let the key in the acc position the fuel pump never cut out priming its stay priming all the way and i can hear a big rush of fuel running back to return line,also it sounds like a spray can wide open,so for me with that little info and with out taking apart the intake manifold i asume that its an open injector but i have my doubts, also fuel pressure reg its not leaking
any help??????????
im about to buy a set of 6 ultrasonic cleaned denso injestors for $60 just in case,but i dont what to start spending money like crazy to fix it.
Old 08-23-2013, 08:46 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
$60 for 6 injectors or $60 each? If that's the total price, buy them anyway!
Old 08-23-2013, 04:08 PM

$60 for all six oem injectors with 1 year no question ask warranty.wich i already ordered just in case,hope to solve this issue asap
Old 08-25-2013, 08:56 PM

yesterday i took apart the intake manifold and this i found
fuel pressure reg its ok
1 injector was dripping a bit, and another one the upper oring was shot maybe that one was the culprit of the gas smell
and about the fuel pump that doesnt stop priming i double checked every component of the fuel wiring and i found that the crank sensor wires was showing cont. yep cont. rare isnt it? well after reading and searching info for a few hours i realize that maybe thatd was the problem, i did 2 tests one with the crank sensor disconected and guess what?the pump keeps priming? it shouldnt prime so knowing wich pins are NE signals in the ecm i unpluged the the second plug in the ecm, the cont. in the crank sensor plug its gone !! so i took apart the ecm and meausre for cont in the pins for the crank sensor ,bamn! cont was there and it shouldnt because those pins are one - and the other is + the ecm was thinking that the crank was rotating so thats why the fuel pump keeps priming ,replacement ecm its on the way !
Old 08-25-2013, 11:21 PM

Received 99 Likes on 86 Posts
Red face

Glad you figured it out.

I wish you well on your $60.00 set of injectors please let us know how that works out.
Old 08-26-2013, 06:21 AM

thanks
about the injectors insert this item number 171094469136 in ebay final price was $50 shipped priority with 1 year warranty,even if only 2 of them works the price is cheap so if all 6 works and are really cleaned and good shape, call it a steal
Old 08-28-2013, 09:41 AM

some update here
injectors are done,no fuel leaks no open injectors,idling and revving smooth,waiting for the ecu to arrive and see if the fuel pump issue is solved.

little hint here for the injectors
the new injectors came with the orings which are all brittle so i decided to swap them for a new set,well even with the new set if i move or pry any injector it will leak,so what options are left? well buy another set of seals maybe another brand or pricey oem ones?
having the luck to know well the auto parts store owner he let me dig in to the o rings shelve and i found a set of honda injectors o rings that are the same OD but the ID is a hair bigger,assuming that i realized that those honda o rings will fit a bit tighter than the oem replacement there will be little space to leak if the injector is rotated or something.
with the help of vaseline cocoa oil the injectors fitted better and tighter,you can even move them around and make pressure to the sides,NO MORE LEAKS FOR YEARS TO COME!!!!,