Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

stolen 4 runner found!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2003, 08:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up stolen 4 runner found!!!!

Hello and thanks to all who have been keeping an eye out!!I got a call this morning about my stolen 4 runner! but not all good news. it seems someone just wanted the interior and the pass and driver doors! then threw it off the cliff victor falls.in Bonneylake wa,left the back door! [morons!] the most expensive door! now for the damage, it is pretty much crushed on the front end, From where they rollod it off a cliff, I need to replace all parts!. Good news is ! the running gear is all in tact! but seems to have busted front axle!! will know tommorow as I get it home from yard!!! also everything is crushed into motor. I may need some parts, so if any one has parts for an 88 runner please let me know!! thanks again for all the support and help!!! BuBBA will be home!!!! johnny!!p.s will keep you posted as I get it home!!!!
Old 09-24-2003, 09:28 PM
Contributing Member

Unhappy grill

good to hear that it will be comming home but it is sad that it is damaged.... I have a grill but one of the headlight pieces has a crack (hardly noticable compaired to a smashed front end) I also have some small engine parts (may have a fan) let me know ( you pay shipping and there yours.) I will post a pick of the grill if your interested.
David
Old 09-24-2003, 10:53 PM

Keep an eye out for your parts Johnny

Keep an eye out on those trails or wherever. How rotten to steal a rig and strip only a few parts off of it. Its surely someone building a 1st Gen. and that person will get theirs in the end. If it were mine and i caught them oh god someone protect them cuz i'd hurt em bad. It angers me enough even being your rig Johnny. Glad you got what you got back. Sorry man!
Old 09-25-2003, 04:41 AM
Banned

Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts
Good fortune!

You are lucky that you ever saw your rig again, even if it is wrecked! Bummer dude! Most vehicles stolen are chopped up so fast that unless the police find them within a few hours or so they are in pieces all over the country, world. Glad you found it and good luck fixin' her up again! Now you have something to do for the next year!!!

Again, glad you found your rig!

Brian
Old 09-25-2003, 06:54 AM

Re: grill

hi dave!!! yes that would be so cool!!!! I am bringing it home today!!!! I will check back with you!!! thanks!!
Originally posted by david in germany
good to hear that it will be comming home but it is sad that it is damaged.... I have a grill but one of the headlight pieces has a crack (hardly noticable compaired to a smashed front end) I also have some small engine parts (may have a fan) let me know ( you pay shipping and there yours.) I will post a pick of the grill if your interested.
David
Old 09-25-2003, 07:01 AM

Re: Keep an eye out for your parts Johnny

Yeah, I have a good idea of where to look!!!! they better look out! the cops wont do anything! well I will!!!! I will keep you posted!!! thanks again!!!
Originally posted by BigBadBlue
Keep an eye out on those trails or wherever. How rotten to steal a rig and strip only a few parts off of it. Its surely someone building a 1st Gen. and that person will get theirs in the end. If it were mine and i caught them oh god someone protect them cuz i'd hurt em bad. It angers me enough even being your rig Johnny. Glad you got what you got back. Sorry man!
Old 09-25-2003, 08:47 AM
Contributing Member

Thats great you found it.

If you need any parts there is a Toyota recycling shop down the road from Bonney Lake. Its right off Hwy 410 in Buckley.
Here is their info:
All Toyota Auto Recycling.
(360)829-9760
Old 09-27-2003, 08:20 AM

so is insurance giving you the money to fix it? or what?
Old 09-27-2003, 09:26 AM

stolen runner

Nope insurance wont give me anything only had liability! I am not sure what to do!!! but I have a lead on who did this! I am also goingto look where they found it! maybe there will be some parts!! thanks johnny!!
Originally posted by KevyWevy
so is insurance giving you the money to fix it? or what?
Old 09-27-2003, 01:42 PM

Follow up on your leads and when you find out who did it get proof so you can take them to court and sue the shhhhhhhhht outta them.
Old 09-27-2003, 06:35 PM

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Make sure to have the frame looked at . Sounds like a pretty hard impact.
mike
Old 09-28-2003, 08:42 AM

stolen runner

Actually it looks like it has been rolled! body is trashed! cab is crushed in! all air was let out of tires which are at les scwab!!also they took cross members,drive lines,radiator,starter,altenater,buckets seats,center console.they even took the ash tray!! oh not to mention the computer!! I will post some pics later today after I get back from my search!!! maybe I can find some parts!! my leads are from some people who know this guy that has a master toyota key!! which live in ponderosa estates in Bonney lake!!! take care!!!
Originally posted by 4xJedi
Make sure to have the frame looked at . Sounds like a pretty hard impact.
mike
Old 09-28-2003, 08:54 AM
Co-Founder/Administrator
Staff

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
John, it pretty much sounds like your rig is going to have to be a write-off with all the damage that has happened to it.
Sorry to hear they thrashed it so bad.

Yes, Victor Falls is right out there in Bonney Lake.
Good luck on your lead on this guy.

I can't say here what you should do if indeed it is him, but I know what I'd do if he had been involved in the theft of my rig.

I show no pity towards a thief.

I'm not sure how much the police are willing to get invloved in this, but I hope things work out, and you can get proof on this guy.
For starters, I'd try to get some way to see if your parts are out at his place, and take it from there with legal action.
Keep a camera with you.
Old 09-28-2003, 01:20 PM
Contributing Member

If you really have some evidence, and are persistent, I don't see how the police can avoid getting involved. Especially if you're doing their job for them; nothing like a little embarrasment to stir things up. If they don't, it might be some good campaign material for someone running against the police chief, county sheriff or whatever elected official is responsible for law enforcement in that area.

Just be careful though, this guy may not be someone you want to have a run-in with.

If its someone who might be in the business of stripping vehicles, the police probably are interested anyway since people or organized rings that steal lots of vehicles are who they usually go after more than just joy-riders that tend to drive around and then leave the vehicle on the street somewhere.