Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

Someone attempted to steal my truck!

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2004, 06:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Someone attempted to steal my truck!

What was to be a nice Sunday morning to put up my Christmas lights ended up being a day of cleaning up someones hack job on my 90 4X4. Early this morning I found my truck, whick was parked in front of my house, with the driver side window busted out. Along with the window, the steering column house cover was ripped into bits of plastic, and the steering wheel lock busted out. I guess they were not able to take the truck, so they went ahead and knifed all my BFG A/T tires and poured white latex paint all over the hood. The truck must have pissed them off!!! Its time to visit my local salvage yard.
Old 12-05-2004, 06:11 PM
Banned

the paint was to erase fingerprints
dude that sucks... dont see why they couldnt actually steal it thouhg... toytas have a very weak design structure in the lock cylinder area....
Old 12-05-2004, 06:14 PM

dude that's messed up! it's one thing to try to steal it but then to mess it all up...ouch!

someone tried to steal my stereo in broad daylight a few weeks ago right infront of my office. i caught em though, yay. here's the whole story if you're intrested
http://www.kipanderson.net/forum/showthread.php?t=4889
Old 12-05-2004, 06:15 PM

Thats what I can't figure out, unless something ran them off, barking dog, car driving by, lights etc...

Last edited by jahMcS; 12-05-2004 at 06:16 PM.
Old 12-05-2004, 06:18 PM

They used white latex house paint. The good thing its was a wet Texas morning so the paint didn't stick.
Old 12-05-2004, 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by jahMcS
They used white latex house paint. The good thing its was a wet Texas morning so the paint didn't stick.

Sounds more like someone was pissed at you. If you are trying to steal a truck, why take the time to pour paint on the hood, and knife the tires (LOUD)...
Old 12-05-2004, 06:25 PM

That's what the cops asked me, I have no idea who, I have had no problems with anyone in over 5 years.
Old 12-05-2004, 06:27 PM

maybe they held a grudge
Old 12-05-2004, 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by jahMcS
The truck must have pissed them off!!!
Trucks dont piss off people. People piss off people.
Old 12-05-2004, 06:45 PM
Contributing Member

Man, that blows...I'd be pissed as hell. I've had thousands upon thousands of dollars ripped off from stereo stuff in the 22 years I've been driving. Pisses me off to no end...

I had never heard of latex paint...sounds more like adding insult to injury. Another reason be even more pissed off. A busted up car with f'ing paint all over it. Good thing it didn't stick. Since it's latex, it's water-based, so it won't stick permanently, but it won't be fun to remove...

yellowspeedracer - dude, I just read that whole thread. I don't know how you didn't just unleash on this punk and rip his damn head off. But I guess seeing he's a youngster criminal, he was way more scared than you were. I would have unloaded on the guy...all my 145 pounds of fury!
Old 12-05-2004, 06:50 PM

I cant believe people sink this low, and it always happens to the good people who dont deserve it at all. I wish there was a way to easily and legally get rid of all the ˟˟˟˟bag's in this world
Old 12-05-2004, 07:05 PM
Banned

Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts
Talking

Bummer.

Garage solves junk like that.

Old 12-05-2004, 07:17 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by waskillywabbit
Bummer.

Garage solves junk like that.

yours is sitting outside
Old 12-05-2004, 07:21 PM
Banned

Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by sdastg1
yours is sitting outside
(2) 4Runners in my garage

The mini-van sits outside...like someone is gonna steal one of those!

Old 12-05-2004, 07:28 PM
lee
Contributing Member

i guess the point is.. if they were gonna steal the truck, why did they bother BRINGING white paint with them?
Old 12-05-2004, 08:23 PM

For those that don't know, the mid '80's p/u's and 4runners have a weak spot under the door handles. A pencil can be inserted eraser-first and the locking mechanism can be slid up to unlock. Toyota had a metal plate fix that slides in from the window opening, believe, to secure the weak spot.
Old 12-06-2004, 02:19 AM

I thought the pencil trick only worked on the earlier models pre-'84?

It sounds like local kids/teenagers to me. They're the only idiots that would try to mess it up with paint and slash the tires in disgust after trying to steal it for a joyride.

If someone was truly out to steal the truck for parts/whatever, then it would've been long gone by now. Maybe it's time to get a shock-sensor alarm put in it to deter the neighborhood pranksters.
Old 12-06-2004, 04:48 AM
Contributing Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by yellowspeedracer
dude that's messed up! it's one thing to try to steal it but then to mess it all up...ouch!

someone tried to steal my stereo in broad daylight a few weeks ago right infront of my office. i caught em though, yay. here's the whole story if you're intrested
http://www.kipanderson.net/forum/showthread.php?t=4889
This has got to be my favorite!

Sorry to hear about people doing damage to other's trucks.
I've had my share of stolen stereos as well and now I only use the stealth type radios that go jet black when you turn off the vehicle or I just leave the stock one in and upgrade the components only. There are just too many a-holes out there ready to take what isn't theirs.

I have one like this:

Picture shows the sony and red LED lit up when off but mine goes totally black when off (most don't know what it is until I turn it on and that is the best theft provention of all.....the flashier it is, the more likely a thief will find it attractive too).

Last edited by MTL_4runner; 12-06-2004 at 05:00 AM.
Old 12-06-2004, 07:23 AM

Man that sux sorry to hear about your truck let me know if ya need help in the junkyards!
Old 12-06-2004, 07:50 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by MTL_4runner
I have one like this:

Picture shows the sony and red LED lit up when off but mine goes totally black when off (most don't know what it is until I turn it on and that is the best theft provention of all.....the flashier it is, the more likely a thief will find it attractive too).
I have the same one. But I still think that the experienced thief would know what it is..

jahMcS, sorry to hear about your truck, like others have said, it sounds like someone is pissed at you..

yellowspeedracer: I don't know if I could have been as calm as you. But good thing you didn't beat him down, since he is still a minor!

Quick Reply: Someone attempted to steal my truck!