Need to know where I stand, not too familiar with electrical.
- Hosed down engine bay with garden hose on a light mist.
- Waited 2 hours, engine looked dry.
- Drove out to a lake 30 minutes away.
- Battery light and e-brake light came on.
- Shut off truck, pop the hood, alternator starts smoking and burning.
- Truck runs fine, voltmeter shows about 10v as a reading, warning lights don't shut off.
Am I good to run the truck still, or will the alternator gradually decrease and eventually crap out on me? I'm going to buy a new one, I just want to know if I am okay to drive to and from work until this happens.
Time to mount that fire extinguisher now!