Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

slip indicator light vs VSC light

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2015, 01:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
slip indicator light vs VSC light

Lately my slip indicator light has come on and beeps when i make slight turns at around 30+mph. I never feel the car slipping or skidding and im barely turning the wheel, maybe 30-45 degrees at most when it comes on. As soon as I straighten out, all is well. the frightening part is that it will what feels like, apply the brakes to one of the wheels and pull the truck to the side. I havent figured out how to reproduce that but always can get the light to come on on the way to work at specific turns. I have zero reset calibrate the VSC twice as metiond in other post but still have the same problem. The VSC light has never came on or stayed on either during the issues.

So what is the difference when in straight line acceleration and hit a slick spot, the slip indicator light comes on and doesn't beep but the VSC kicks in and cuts power VS during a turn like on a on/off ramp the Slip indicator light turn off but beeps like crazy with no VSC action but fells like the ABS kicks in and applies brakes to driver front wheel. Been trying to diagnose myself before breaking down and going to dealer. Last thing i did was clean the front ABS sensors esp the front drivers side which seems the one the ABS kicks on to. I was going to replace the whole sensor and harness next

2001 4runner sport
Old man emu lift
tjm bumper

the lift has been on since 05 and now issues till now

Terence