Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

Should I??

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2007, 02:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Should I??

Hi,

My SR5 01 4runner started off life as my work truck, and man did it ride like a truck(came with 15" steelies). In 05 it became my DD with off roading during hunting season and the beach during surfing season. It always had poor alignment and scuffed the outside treads in the front no matter who did the alignment.

I wanted a better ride and could have used a bit more lift, after reading here I bought a set of 99 springs, 16" 5stars and Cooper ATRs. I put the rear coils on with KYB gas-adjusts along with the wheels and tires. The ride is unbelievably better and after 10K there is no sign of unusual tire wear, no shimmy or pull. (and I still get 18mpg)

Question is, should I do the front? It sits with a slight rake now and the only bad road bumps I feel are from the front but they are not awful. I'm not sure I want to mess with the front end since the alignment seems perfect and I've read alot on here about troubles after doing lifts.

Thanks
Doug
Old 09-08-2007, 03:22 AM
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So you put '99 springs in just the rear? kinda odd but if so, then yes, put them in the front too. '99 springs obviously came from the factory...alignment isn't a concern or IMO even considered a "lift". I have '99 springs f/r on my '96 and have no issues.