Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

Selling stuff unfortunately...Please buy!

Old 11-13-2003, 04:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Selling stuff unfortunately...Please buy!

Ok, so I've posted on all the forums that I might be selling some parts off my engine, and sure enough, stuff has already been sold. I've sold the brand new ESC1 to Creed today, and I think I've sold the SMT-6 to Andrew (Assassin1000) on TTORA. So, here's what I've got left:

1) TRD Supercharger
2) Walbro High Pressure 190 LPH Fuel Pump
3) TT Supra MAF
4) RC Engineering 370cc Fuel Injectors

All these parts have less than 10K miles on them, and I'd love to sell the rest of this as a kit or if that doesn't work out, I'll part them out. So, here's the price:

The full kit: $2250 shipped

Let me know!

Chris

Here's the link to the for sale page with all the recent details: https://www.yotatech.com/forums/show...threadid=20896

Last edited by ravencr; 11-17-2003 at 05:05 PM.
Old 11-13-2003, 04:04 PM

I'll be waiting till tomorrow night to post all this on ebay so you guys have first chance on it. Let me know if anyone has any questions.

Chris
Old 11-13-2003, 04:29 PM

May I ask why?
Old 11-13-2003, 04:42 PM

Yep, I'm wanting to buy my wife a dirtbike so she'll come camping and off-roading when I go wheeling. It's not the ideal situation of course, because I'm not sure how much fun she'll actually have riding a dirtbike with a bunch of trucks, but it's better than hearing here bitch and moan that I don't want to spend time with her. I'm sure no one here knows what I'm talking about, right?

So, I'm going to buy here a new KX 100, and set it up for the trails, and this way we can be together on the weekends, which is really the way we both want it. Unfortunately I just can' give up this hobby of mine, you know?

Chris
Old 11-13-2003, 05:01 PM

Originally posted by ravencr
Yep, I'm wanting to buy my wife a dirtbike so she'll come camping and off-roading when I go wheeling. It's not the ideal situation of course, because I'm not sure how much fun she'll actually have riding a dirtbike with a bunch of trucks, but it's better than hearing here bitch and moan that I don't want to spend time with her. I'm sure no one here knows what I'm talking about, right?

So, I'm going to buy here a new KX 100, and set it up for the trails, and this way we can be together on the weekends, which is really the way we both want it. Unfortunately I just can' give up this hobby of mine, you know?

Chris
True indeed, understandable. However, I would take me a lot to get rid of a SC.. LOL!
Old 11-13-2003, 05:04 PM

I agree, but I just don't have anything else that I can take off that won't effect my off-roading capabilities. I agree with ya, and this is why I'm buying her a dirtbike. It's because I can't give up my hobby. It's weird how our priorities as men are!!

Chris
Old 11-13-2003, 05:19 PM

Originally posted by ravencr
I agree, but I just don't have anything else that I can take off that won't effect my off-roading capabilities. I agree with ya, and this is why I'm buying her a dirtbike. It's because I can't give up my hobby. It's weird how our priorities as men are!!

Chris
In conclusion: I'm not getting married anytime soon! LOL!
Old 11-14-2003, 02:05 AM

It has it's ups and downs, but mostly ups I'd say. There are definitely some freedom and independence issues that are affected, but if you find the right girl, it's all good.

Chris
Old 11-14-2003, 05:48 AM
Contributing Member

If you're gonna get her a bike you might as well get one you could ride too! Something street legal that you can use to putz around town would be a lot more practical as well.

Do I have any bikes in mind? You bet! Look into the Yamaha XT225 Serow or the Kawasaki Super Sherpa. Both are awesome little dirt bikes (with decent tires like MT-21s) and are street legal. Women love 'em and they are super fun to ride.

Can you guess what my other hobby is??
Old 11-14-2003, 06:23 AM
Contributing Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
What ever happened to the 2 stroke enduros? Anyone still make them?

I sure am glad my wife likes to go wheeling in my truck. She doesn't like the winching part of the trails though.
Old 11-14-2003, 06:42 AM

Originally posted by transalper

Can you guess what my other hobby is??
Under water basket weaving?
Old 11-14-2003, 07:19 AM

why can't she just ride in the truck with you???? not enough room for her AND the cooler?

creed
Old 11-14-2003, 07:24 AM
Contributing Member

Under water basket weaving?
How did you guess?

Originally posted by mt_goat
What ever happened to the 2 stroke enduros? Anyone still make them?
There are a lot of two-stroke motocross bikes out there, but not any street legal two stroke trail bikes that I can think of. With improved two-stroke technology (ie reduced emissions) we may start seeing them again eventually.
Old 11-14-2003, 07:28 AM
Contributing Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Oh emissions! Enough said.
Old 11-14-2003, 08:23 AM

It's my opinion that I like the Kawasaki Super Sherpa better.
Old 11-14-2003, 08:33 AM

why dont you take her wheeling with you in your truck?

but i know how you feel. my gf is not too fond of the desert and all... and i go wheeling/dirt biking every other weekend. i would go every weekend, but i alternate saturdays with her and dirt biking. i realli wish that she would be a little more into it. well, the dirtbiking, i know she wouldnt realli be into... so i cant do nething there.... she likes to wheel though. i took her mud boggin twice and she loved it.

but maybe your wife just needs to get her feet wet in our kind of fun. my older brother's wife wasnt into camping, hiking, fishing, etc etc... before she met him. now she LOVES camping, fishing and hiking!
Old 11-14-2003, 12:29 PM

Supra MAF still available?

chris,

Is the supra maf still available? Creed found me a source from one of the supra forums for $60 shipped..but the person hasn't replied to my e-mail. On as side note....I've been having a hard warm start issue for a while now. I've reset the afc, checked the injectors, tuned closed loop with the br3, put back stock plugs....and still no luck. Creed and I were hoping that the extra air flow from the supra maf might help if I'm having a "too-rich" at start-up problem with my 305's (like the 330's). I've had a couple of PO100 trouble codes (maf error circuit) from my stock maf which occured during some of my hard starts...might have damaged it during the deckplate mod. I really don't want to invest on a getting stock maf when the supra one can help and add some extra oomph!! Call or e-mail me if it is.

thanks,

Mike
magnomichael@aol.com
mmagno@brownandbigelow.com
818-415-1073
Old 11-14-2003, 06:47 PM

Re: Supra MAF still available?

Originally posted by socal4runnerfan
chris,

Is the supra maf still available? Creed found me a source from one of the supra forums for $60 shipped..but the person hasn't replied to my e-mail. On as side note....I've been having a hard warm start issue for a while now. I've reset the afc, checked the injectors, tuned closed loop with the br3, put back stock plugs....and still no luck. Creed and I were hoping that the extra air flow from the supra maf might help if I'm having a "too-rich" at start-up problem with my 305's (like the 330's).
The warm start issues doesn't have to do with the size of the injectors. The warm start issues is strictly enduced with slightly off tuning when starting up. It was proven that the Maxx Autoworks injectors just suck, because Duffdog, myself, and Weasy2k have proven that even larger 370cc injectors work just fine with our vehicles with no hard starting issues at all. My 4runner starts great in all temps running my 370cc's.
I've had a couple of PO100 trouble codes (maf error circuit) from my stock maf which occured during some of my hard starts...might have damaged it during the deckplate mod. I really don't want to invest on a getting stock maf when the supra one can help and add some extra oomph!! Call or e-mail me if it is.
Chances are you're probably running lean, which is probably reverse of what you were thinking. Creed knows his stuff, and I think he's running a similar setup to yours, but I'm running positive numbers in my SMT-6 and I'm running 370cc injectors. So, if you have a SMT-6 for tuning, I'd say you'd need to be running 5+ in the first row, but I could be way off. Every vehicle is different for sure.

As far as being available, it definitely is available, but I've got to sell the S/C and injectors before I can get rid of anything. The reason is that if I can't sell them pretty easily, I'm going to keep it all, and if I sell the MAF and other stuff, I'm now in a situation where I don't have everything I need. I've already sold the ESC1 to Creed, and I've got two takers on the SMT-6 already. I'd sell the MAF for $60 shipped no problem, but I'm holding off for a little bit to see if I can sell everything together to give someone an awesome package deal with everything they need for maximum power and tunability. Keep in touch, and I'll do the same. Once I decide you'll be he first to know on the MAF.

Chris

thanks,

Mike
magnomichael@aol.com
mmagno@brownandbigelow.com
818-415-1073 [/B][/QUOTE]
Old 11-14-2003, 07:21 PM

Well. I think thats pretty damn decent of you to buy the wife a bike. Although i think a kx is not the best choice. Its pretty snappy if your not used to 2 cycles. Thats a motocraoss bike for tracks and jumps etc..Its geared and sprung for that purpose.I think a 4 stroke has alot more usable trail power and is more user friendly and alot easier on the body.
Any jap 4 stroke is good although i would buy Honda myself.
Flipping a bike over backwards on a trail is no fun.
Anyways.. Happy trails
Old 11-14-2003, 07:25 PM

Yeah, I've owned 4 stroke dirtbikes, 3-wheelers, and 4-wheelers, and 2-stroke KTM dirtbike, and to be honest my favorite bike was either my Raptor or my KTM 250 EXC. I really like the snappiness of a 2-stroke, and I'm thinking mu wife would too once she got used to the power. I would want to put a heavier flywheel and lower gears to make it better for the trail. In addition, I'd remove some of the fluid in the shocks and see what I could do to get a softer spring in the rear so its more compliant. I think overall a properly equipped 2-stroke is a lot lighter and more fun for trail use, just like my KTM was almost 100 lbs lighter than my buddies XR600. It was a much nicer ride to say the least. Plus I could ride a lot longer without near as much fatigue.

Chris

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Selling stuff unfortunately...Please buy!