Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

SAVAGE OFFROAD front bumper build

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2010, 06:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SAVAGE OFFROAD front bumper build

Today i received my SAVAGE OFFROAD front bumper and right now they are offering 10% off bumpers and any order 300$ a free t-shirt in which i took advantage of both here is my build from start to finish with a gang load of pics.First here is how it arrived unfinshed and the welds were not only very clean but perfect.Alot of time went into this and i was impressed. Since i hav a 2" BL i got the brackets for this and i choose the pre-runner front bumper. That i what i liked when i purchased this bumper was the unlimited options to customize the bumper u want and that is an Awsome Quality about Savage Offroad.
Attached Thumbnails SAVAGE OFFROAD front bumper build-imag-000.jpg   SAVAGE OFFROAD front bumper build-img001.jpg   SAVAGE OFFROAD front bumper build-img_002.jpg  
Old 12-08-2010, 06:53 PM

Part 2

Now i took the front bumper off and cut off brackets at the front end of the truck to accomodate new brckets and side brackets for the 2" BL offset
Attached Thumbnails SAVAGE OFFROAD front bumper build-img_0004.jpg  
Old 12-08-2010, 06:58 PM

yo, go to a parts store and get a GM model turn signal socket and a dual filament bulb... you can do a bit of cutting to your corners and double wire your lights so that your running lights and turn signals are in the same bulb but the high beam filament is for your turn signals... it takes about 1hr to do everything if you make sure you do your backwards planning and are decent at wiring. Then you wont have to have those hideous turn signal lenses hanging from your janx
Old 12-08-2010, 06:58 PM

Set 3 take to welder

I then took my truck off to Roy Lewis for a welding of the new front placment brackets and a trial placement of the front bumper before the powerd coat making sure all was good so i didnt mess with a freshly painted bumper
Attached Thumbnails SAVAGE OFFROAD front bumper build-img_006.jpg   SAVAGE OFFROAD front bumper build-img_007.jpg  
Old 12-08-2010, 07:00 PM

turn signals relocated

I relocated turn signals in the top corners from parts i got from napa using a dual amber light fillament and some trailer disconnects, along with black silicone, and cutting the corners holes to a larger diameter for the new sockets. Cost me about 30 bucks
Old 12-08-2010, 07:10 PM

Set 4 painting the UGGLLY

Now that al was done it was time to go to the powder coater. All i needed to do was paint the Ugly, i used Krylon satin black which Roy lewis said was a great one to use since the nozzle had some many adjustments to spray with.He was right i masked off electrical and BL nylons and graffittid away, i didnt feel it need primer since it had already been painted just clean with some denatured alcohol and painted.Also i cut alot of excess plastic and two side brackets that were used to hold my old bumper.Along with the new brackets that were included and then welded on front of frame to hold new brackets.
Attached Thumbnails SAVAGE OFFROAD front bumper build-img-0007.jpg   SAVAGE OFFROAD front bumper build-img_008.jpg   SAVAGE OFFROAD front bumper build-img_009.jpg  
Old 12-08-2010, 07:15 PM

Final Check it OUT

Got it back and put it on, i drove like a taxi driver in Tijuanna to get home after i saw how great it looked had to put it on and go to MNT Baldy to use
Attached Thumbnails SAVAGE OFFROAD front bumper build-img_010.jpg   SAVAGE OFFROAD front bumper build-img_011.jpg   SAVAGE OFFROAD front bumper build-img_012.jpg  
Old 12-08-2010, 07:24 PM

Some more pics

I really like this bumper and am looking forward to getting the rear bumper that Savage Offroad offers and i suggest u check there site out because before Christmas u can get 10% off thier bumpers and if u liv in CA local pick up all the parts were a perfect fit and the quality was great they only specialize in 4runner parts so thier knowlegde base for 4runners is vast here are a few more pics. I beleave they will be offering a prerunner all. skid that has 2"dimples and can be anodized which i may hav to buy also
Attached Thumbnails SAVAGE OFFROAD front bumper build-img_015.jpg   SAVAGE OFFROAD front bumper build-img_017.jpg   SAVAGE OFFROAD front bumper build-img_018.jpg  
Old 12-08-2010, 11:07 PM

I like that bumper quite a bit. Savage seems to have the most reasonable prices, otherwise you're better off making your own for the $$ of others... The factory bumpers in the 3rd gen 4Runners are ridiculous, I miss my 2nd gen for the clean front profile. Any winch on there or other issues/recommendations with that set up?
Old 12-09-2010, 02:40 AM

Winch options with front hitch receiver as well

Savage Offroad offers everything from front hitch set up,winch mount,shackle mounts,pre runner look,DOM heavy gauge steel,aluminum front plate. I was able to go to Roy Lewis's shop who is brother of Doug Lewis owner of Savage Offroad and saw some of the other builds going on,this is a family bus. With a lot of pride. That's why I will go them for my next item of choice being a rear bumper,not sure but I think they r going to be working on a rear bumper with a swing tire mount which should be Awsome.But to answer your Question winch mount set up to pre runner set up they seem to hav it all, and u can decide on options to customize to fit your style.