Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

Saudi's and oil purchasing by gas companys..

Old 02-11-2003, 11:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Saudi's and oil purchasing by gas companys..

Hey guys,

I know many of you have seen this email. I am actually doing some research to see if I can get some updated numbers. See if you think this is fair.....

We save their butt from SODAMN INSANE in 1991 and they play this game now, plus their support for terrorism...

Read on! :eek: This directly effects us and our gas guzzling 3.0L.

The Saudis are boycotting American goods. We should return the favor.

An interesting thought is to boycott their GAS. Every time you fill up the car, you can avoid putting more money into the coffers of Saudi Arabia. Just buy from gas companies that don't import their oil from the Saudis.

Nothing is more frustrating than the feeling that every time I fill-up the tank, I am sending my money to people who are trying to kill me, my family, and my friends. I thought it might be interesting for you to know

which oil companies are the best to buy gas from and which major companies import Middle Eastern oil (for the period 9/1/00 - 8/31/01):

Shell................ .......205,742,000 barrels

Chevron/Texaco....... 144,332,000 barrels

Exxon /Mobil............. 130,082,000 barrels

Marathon/Speedway.. 117,740,000 barrels

Amoco...... 62,231,000 barrels

If you do the math at $30/barrel, these imports amount to over $18 BILLION!

Here are some large companies that do not import Middle Eastern oil:

Citgo....................0 barrels

Sunoco............. ..0 barrels

Conoco............. ..0 barrels

Sinclair......... 0 barrels

BP/Phillips.......... 0 barrels

Hess.0 barrels

All of this information is available from the Department of Energy and each is required to state where they get their oil and how much they are importing.

They report on a monthly basis. Keep this list in your car; share it with friends. Stop paying for terrorism.............

But to have an impact, we need to reach literally millions of gas buyers. It's really simple to do. Now, don't wimp out at this point...keep reading and I'll explain how simple it is to reach millions of people!!

I'm sending this note to about thirty people. If each of you send it to at least ten more (30 x 10 = 300)... and those 300 send it to at least ten more (300 x 10 = 3,000) ... and so on, by the time the message reaches the

sixth generation of people, we will have reached over THREE MILLION consumers! If those three million get excited and pass this on to ten friends each, then 30 million people will have been contacted! If it goes one level further, you guessed it..... THREE HUNDRED MILLION PEOPLE!!!

Again, all you have to do is send this to 10 people. How would all that take? If each of us sends this e-mail out to ten more people within one day all 300 MILLION people could conceivably be contacted within the next eight days!
Old 02-11-2003, 11:48 AM
CTB

Just for clarification, the Saudi's are much different people than Sadam (he controls Iraq, not Saudi Arabia).
Old 02-11-2003, 12:03 PM

point....

Hey CTB,

I am not indicating that the Saudi's are bad people. I am just indicating that if they are boycotting american goods and supporting terrorism, then why can't we boycott their oil.

Plus these people do not seem thankful for what the US and allies did in the Gulf war to protect them.

In Aug of 1990 all Saddam had to do was go across the border. Our recently arrived Air Force personel would have had to jump right in their planes and leave, due to their lack of numbers.

With recent ties to supporting terrorism, and anti american semitism, along with the lack of permission to use their facilities (many of which the US updated), we should put pressure on their goverment to rethink their positions.

Heck the Saudi oil will make its way into our gas tanks regardless, but at least we can think that we are doing somehting here at home.

Old 02-11-2003, 12:09 PM

Anyone who is interested in where we get our oil should go here.

http://www.snopes.com/inboxer/outrage/nogas.htm

Kevin
Old 02-11-2003, 12:13 PM
CTB

Cool, I wasn't accusing you, but just trying to clarify. Thanks for that info - it was pretty interesting.
Old 02-11-2003, 12:16 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Hokie,

While there is no doubt that we import oil from the Saudis and even Iraq, I believe this was one of those emails that was proven to be false...I recall seeing this email (and the disproval of) a few months after 9/11. There is probably some truth to it, but regardless, the world (not just the US) relies on oil for energy. Energy to manufacture, to produce synthetic materials (plastics being a large byproduct), to fuel our cars, etc.

And herein lies the problem: shrieking flaming liberals and wacko environmentalist. On the one hand, you hear the shrieking liberals b#@ch about our dependence on foreign oil, but on the other hand, these same shrieking liberals will protest any kind of drilling or expansion of domestic oil production (DON'T DRILL IN ALASKA!) or the building of nuclear power plants (NO MORE 3 MILE ISLAND!). Their alternatives, solar and wind power, IMHO is not a very stable and reliable source of power---maybe for homes but not for factories or vehicles.

By the way, this should be in "off topic"

Bob
Old 02-11-2003, 12:19 PM

Very good site...

Hey injektilo,

Very good site... I was looking though the DOE data, going HOLY CRAPOLA.... I was think some of things that dude was writing.

The site puts out some good comments....

Oh well, a good idea(the boycott), but not easily put to use.... and it wouldnt be easy to see results.

I just want peace!

Other countries think we want their oil! Why would we start a war to get it, that will cost us too much. We could just buy it to get it, MUCH CHEAPER.......

:pat:
Old 02-11-2003, 12:28 PM

Bobs got a point

Hey Bob98_SR5,

Good point on the liberalists.

The media has given nuclear power a bad rap. Hell look at france and their 70+percent nuclear power generation. Most of those reactors are BREEDER reactors which utilize weapons grade material that can be in turn returned back to the next core. A far more efficient way of utilizing nuclear power.

The US chooses not to use this system because of obvious terroristic threats.

Sure there is a major biproduct of Nuclear Power and thats the waste. But use the Breeder system and you have a lot less waste.

Just make sure you have the security to protect your Nuke power plants.

Why does everyone thing an Environmental Science Degree = Tree Hugger / Liberalistic Ideas?
Old 02-11-2003, 01:26 PM

Uhhhhhh, I like driving, and if that means buying gas from a country that won't buy our products, fine with me. I am no import/export professional, but I highly doubt the Saudi's buy that much stuff from us. Except for maybe some weapons. But hey if they don't want the latest and greatest.

just my opinion.