Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

Rear Wiper and Washer

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2008, 05:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rear Wiper and Washer

First off, I've read back through as many post on this forum and others to see if anyone has had the problem I've been having, and nothing seems to exactly match. That being said, here's what I got...

I've had my 4Runner for about 1.5 years now, and when I got it I noticed that rear wiper never really worked right. I could click it "ON" and it would make a single pass, but that's it. I could put it in interval mode, and again one pass and stop. And when I say stop, I mean stopping before it re-docks. I would have to click it on and off multiple times to get it to make another pass (while making the pass I would turn it back to "OFF") to get it to finally re-dock.

Another problem I have is that the washer spray has a "weak stream" for lack of a better phrase. It basically would drizzle fluid down the window; no mist, no real pressure behind it.

Until recently this was the case, although a real PITA I delt with it. But recently, the wiper stopped working all together. To answer a couple of questions that I'm sure will follow....

1. Yes, the rear window does work and it is up completely. I know this because...
2. Yes, the rear defroster works.
3. I dont think its the fuse becuase the rear washer does come on, although it is very weak, but I plan to check anyways.

Anyone have the rear wiper wiring diagram for a 2002 (or similar) Gen 3 4Runner? I think there is a switch in the back that controls the washer/wiper, but I dont have the wiring diagram to verify. Its possible it maybe the controller arm on the steering wheel, but every other control works off that arm.

Anyways, sorry for being so long winded...just wanted to make sure to include everthing. Any suggestions appreciated.

Thanks,

Chris
Old 02-27-2008, 12:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So I found a wiring diagram, and its attached...is the switch -- labeled "Combination Switch" -- the control stick on the steering column? If not any idea where it is located so I could test or replace it.

Thanks,

Chris
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
rear wiper wiring diagram.pdf (33.5 KB, 182 views)