Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

Rear window quit working.. then started again?

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2007, 12:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rear window quit working.. then started again?

Yesterday I rolled my rear window down on my 99 4runner.. like I do everyday (heat index has been 100+) while walking across the parking lot.. I use the remote, window goes down releases some of the hot air..but this time the once I started the truck and had the AC going the window would not go up..

once I got home I checked the fuses (nothing labeled rear window) but nothing was blown... so then I move to the back. Take off the cover, see the large orange relay box for the window.. I unplug it and plug it back in.. then test the window with the key in the rear hatch.. BINGO everything worked fine.. Everything was fine today..

any ideas? now I am scared to roll the window down, in the even it would not roll up again...

BTW - I accidentally lost the fuse labeled FOG under the hood.. my truck does not have fogs so I dont know if I should fool with putting one back.. any ideas on what that does?
Bill
Old 08-10-2007, 12:26 PM

My only idea is maybe the connection wasn't great at the plug you pulled, and when you plugged it back in you fixed it by removing some oxidation that was on the terminals and making a better connection. I wouldn't worry unless it happens again.

P.S. Remember that cars can be mysterious things.
Old 08-10-2007, 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by Hortence 95
My only idea is maybe the connection wasn't great at the plug you pulled, and when you plugged it back in you fixed it by removing some oxidation that was on the terminals and making a better connection. I wouldn't worry unless it happens again.

P.S. Remember that cars can be mysterious things.
That was probably it, but now I am afraid to roll it down, incase it sticks again.. I dont mind things breaking but I hate not know how I "fixed" it..