Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

rear ABS help needed.

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2004, 06:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
rear ABS help needed.

Hey all:

Just picked up a 93 4runner v6 4x4, and trying to get it running good again. I've got it almost done, but I'm going insane with this amber rear anti lock light on the dash. I've read thru the posts regarding this, and I'm not really wanting to buy a new sensor. I tried to take it out, by removing the 10mm bolt and prying on it, but I was afraid to give it anymore umpf for fearing I would ruin the sensor completely. So now I'm just wanting to disable the light in the dash. Before I go tearing apart my dash to take out the bulb, I was wondering if anyone knew a wire or plug I could undo to turn off the light. I've read that there is a plug for the 4X4 dash light, and if it's unplugged, then the dash light won't light up. So wondering if there's something similar for the ABS light. Thanks all in advance.

Also, I am wondering if there is a way to disable the horn for arming/disarming the vehicle with the OEM remote. I know you can do horn defeat, but this takes it out of valet mode. Basically, I want to disable the alarm feature all together and use the remote for keyless entry only.
Old 04-16-2004, 08:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
well I pulled the dash and took out the bulb. No more annoying light anymore. Now I just need to figure out what to do with the keyless/security issue. It's either valet mode, which I like so I don't have to hurry and stick a key in the ignition, but I don't get silent keyless entry OR vise versa. The horn is WAY too loud, so I've been using the key to enter and not using the remote. Very Frustrating........
Old 04-16-2004, 11:00 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Have you checked the wire that runs across the rear axle for cuts? Mine got cut on a rock while wheeling and I just soldered it up. Very poor routing on Toyota's part. On my 1999 there was no interlocking parts so it may be possible to apply a twisting action to break it loose. however, do so only at your own peril. I cannot say for sure what the 1993 sensor looks like.

Here's a pic of the sensor port with the sensor removed: http://members.cruzio.com/~adamt/Aut...4-0473_IMG.jpg

I guess they did intend for these to be grocery getters.....