Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

Quick headlight question so I don't break an trim...

Old 11-24-2004, 10:39 AM
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Quick headlight question so I don't break an trim...

I know this is totally dumb of me , but my Tacoma has sealed beam headlamps, a first maintenance-wise for me . i know how totally easy it is when you just slide new bulbs into the lamp housing from behind, but before i bust any trim pieces; is there anything I should know about replace my lamps.

BTW, the always helpful and complete Haynes manul doesn't say a thing about it, they onlt account for non-sealed beams

as always, thanks in advance for the help.
Ian

Oh yeah, Have a happy thanksgiving (Americans that is, everbody else have a good thursday).
Old 11-24-2004, 11:37 AM
WT

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ianshoots
I know this is totally dumb of me , but my Tacoma has sealed beam headlamps, a first maintenance-wise for me . i know how totally easy it is when you just slide new bulbs into the lamp housing from behind, but before i bust any trim pieces; is there anything I should know about replace my lamps.

BTW, the always helpful and complete Haynes manul doesn't say a thing about it, they onlt account for non-sealed beams

as always, thanks in advance for the help.
Ian

Oh yeah, Have a happy thanksgiving (Americans that is, everbody else have a good thursday).
I have a 3gen but it should be close to the same, here are the pics from when I upgraded my whole light assembly but think it whould help.
Remove the rubber boot on the back and then you should see a metal clip that you un-snap that is actually holding the bulb in place. Be sure to not touch the new bulb with your bare hands at this time... oil on hands causes them to burn out quick.
http://community.webshots.com/photo/...33014504uDlYhF
Old 11-24-2004, 05:45 PM
lee
Contributing Member

yea, its easy. just look in your owners manual.
Old 11-25-2004, 10:12 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by WT
I have a 3gen but it should be close to the same, here are the pics from when I upgraded my whole light assembly but think it whould help.
Remove the rubber boot on the back and then you should see a metal clip that you un-snap that is actually holding the bulb in place. Be sure to not touch the new bulb with your bare hands at this time... oil on hands causes them to burn out quick.
http://community.webshots.com/photo/...33014504uDlYhF
Thanks for the pix, I'm familiar with the kind that you show, where you install just the bulb. However my truck uses the sealed beam kind, which is all one big unit (lens and all). Too much family today, so I didn't get a chance to install, should get it done tomorrow, one way or the other. I think I will see if the manual in the glovebox has anything to say. .....I think I can see all the necessary screws, just hoping for tips....