Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

Power window issue, just front driver side

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2011, 01:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Power window issue, just front driver side

Truck info: 2000 4runner SR5 3.4 auto 2wd
So about two weeks ago my front driver side window stopped working. It will not roll down or up. All other windows do how ever roll up and down. I took off door panel and checked the connections to the master switch and all was connected. Then tested the window motor by applying 12v to the motor connector, which rolled down the window and rolled it back up. So I know the motor is fine.

Now I thought it was the master switch that was causing the problem until today. I went to the local auto dismantler and tested two other master switches. Both failed, they acted like my current switch.

My last thought is either a wire somewhere is lose, fuse or relay. But I can not locate a fuse or relay to check and from what i have researched so far is that the all the windows power comes from one fuse.

So where is the relay or fuse to check and is there one for each window or just one for all of the windows? Is there anything else I should check?

Thanks for any and all help.
Old 10-26-2011, 07:40 PM

Ok went out tonight to check 30 amp fuse and when I turned they key to double check the switch I noticed that the auto light on the switch was blinking twice in a row then pause then blink twice then pause then blink twice and then stay on.

Any idea's?
Old 11-03-2011, 02:03 PM

So i checked all the wiring today and found the issue. Stupid Power window control module that I had installed with the alarm. This module rolls up or down the windows from the alarm control. So some how water got into the bag that the module was in and damaged the driver side connections. I have to order a new one it's cheap so no big deal. For now I have taken the driver side out of that system and it's working like it did from factory for the driver side until i get the new module.