Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

Potato Salad Toy Rollover clip. This had to hurt.

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2005, 12:35 AM
Contributing Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Potato Salad Toy Rollover clip. This had to hurt.

I was cringing when i saw this. Incentive to build a great cage. The people cheering pissed me off. The title says its a jeep, but that is a toy by my eye

http://www.big-boys.com/articles/jeepflips2.html

Last edited by AxleIke; 05-06-2005 at 12:38 AM.
Old 05-06-2005, 12:56 AM
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yes that was a toy, and wow what a ride
Old 05-06-2005, 08:06 AM

I don't have sound , was the guy ok?
Old 05-06-2005, 09:22 AM
Contributing Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Jeez!!! That's crazy! Someone should shoot those people that were cheering.
Old 05-06-2005, 10:21 AM
Contributing Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
That looked like a rockcrawling competition and rolling is expected. You guys should go to one and check it out, it's amazing what they can do. The trucks are built for rolls like that and the guy probably has a 5 point harness and a helmet. Cheering is part of the event, it's expected. Even other drivers do it to egg on the other drivers. In the end, everybody is a friend, they all know each other.
Old 05-06-2005, 10:38 AM
Contributing Member

Of course nobody cheers for wrecks during NASCAR races;a wreck is exciting and that's the nature of people but I don't think they would be cheering if the guy was certain to be hurt.
Old 05-07-2005, 01:15 AM
Donny, you're out of your element
Staff

Received 53 Likes on 34 Posts
That guy definetly know when to hit the throttle *rolls eyes*

Nice Jeep BTW.

"Introducing the all new, Jeep 4x4, complete with 22re and 5speed w56 trans!!!"
Old 05-07-2005, 02:17 AM
DMG

Originally Posted by Robinhood150
That looked like a rockcrawling competition and rolling is expected. You guys should go to one and check it out, it's amazing what they can do. The trucks are built for rolls like that and the guy probably has a 5 point harness and a helmet. Cheering is part of the event, it's expected. Even other drivers do it to egg on the other drivers. In the end, everybody is a friend, they all know each other.
I don't think it was a comp. That hill always has an audience drinking beer and hoping for carnage to take their minds off the fact that they got there in a ford fiesta.
Old 05-07-2005, 02:32 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Robinhood150

they didn't start cheering until AFTER he started rolled over, and it got louder as he went over the side of a good 50' drop.... The guy likely got hurt even with a 5 point and helmet...

And why did he hit the gas if he had a crawlers and lockers?? That was dumb.
Old 05-07-2005, 06:06 AM

Sorry robinhood, I've never been to one and I don't have to go to one to know that when someone has an accident like that you don't cheer him on. Cheering before he gets into the wreck or after he makes a successful attemt or AFTER he gets out of the rig and he is ok, yes cheer away. But what is going through these morons minds as the guy is tumbling down the mountain? What makes them cheer? I don't get it. Like I said, MORONS.
Old 05-07-2005, 08:55 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by fadetoblack72
But what is going through these morons minds as the guy is tumbling down the mountain? What makes them cheer?
The same thing that causes people to cheer at boxing events or hockey fights or soccer fights... Alcohol.

It looks like he may have thought he "had it" and goosed the gas to make a show by popping over the top. The truck started to slide to the left on that last edge, then the front came around while he was still on the gas. That was his undoing.
Old 05-07-2005, 09:16 AM
Donny, you're out of your element
Staff

Received 53 Likes on 34 Posts
Originally Posted by midiwall
The same thing that causes people to cheer at boxing events or hockey fights or soccer fights... Alcohol.

It looks like he may have thought he "had it" and goosed the gas to make a show by popping over the top. The truck started to slide to the left on that last edge, then the front came around while he was still on the gas. That was his undoing.
So you are telling me, that the only ones cheering at hockey fights are people who are drinking? No offense, but what a general, ignorant statement. Though I will admit it does contribute to the problem, most if it is human nature. And not everyone drinks. People cheer and look and are interested becuase its human nature. Same reason all the idiots rubber neck at accidents on the road. Ever watched a race car crash? Or did you turn your head when the accident started??

Should they have been cheering? Probably not, but they sure will feel like idiots when they figure out the driver is hurt.
Old 05-07-2005, 09:43 AM
Contributing Member

Is that his helmet that comes rolling out of the truck? YOu see what looks like a red helmet rolling away from where the truck just rolled as the camera comes back up from the guys feet and before he gets to the edge...He'd be screwwed without it
Old 05-07-2005, 10:04 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by DeathCougar
So you are telling me, that the only ones cheering at hockey fights are people who are drinking? No offense, but what a general, ignorant statement. Though I will admit it does contribute to the problem, most if it is human nature.
It's human nature to cheer while two guys beat each other with the intent of drawing blood and/or doing major physical harm?

okay.

Ever watched a race car crash? Or did you turn your head when the accident started??
Nope, I watch, but I don't cheer.
Old 05-07-2005, 11:30 PM
Contributing Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
I'm pretty sure the guy is okay. You can hear him rev his engine at the end. I think that might have been his spotters helmet. I've never driven that obstacle, no way my truck could, but from what i've heard, the way you drive it is slowly, and if you're not climbing, you stop, and slowly back up a foot or so, then turn the wheels and try again. He blew it, obviously.

As for people cheering, athletes in hockey, or boxing, or drivers in rock crawling or racing, they all accept the risks of their chosen sports. I believe that cheering at a crash is very different from a fight. Both boxing and hockey, people like to watch fights. The players like to fight, i've played hockey, and your aggression is elevated. It's easy and satisfying to fight. In racing or rock crawling, no one likes to crash. In racing, crashes often mean very hurt, or dead. That roll wasn't a flop. People flop all the time. That's what the cages are for, and why buggies don't have windows. That was a very bad roll. If someone is cheering at a wreck on the NASCAR track, or a roll like that, that says to me they are happy that someone might be dead, and that is inapropriate. At rock crawling competetions, people cheer when someone flops it, because that's exciting, both for the crowd and the driver. Fine. If some one is seriously injured, or might be, people should be respectful at least.