Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

Please HELP - Westland Michigan

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2007, 08:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Please HELP - Westland Michigan

I am stuck in a very odd situation. I bought a 95 4runner like a month ago and it's just been a big ordeal. I got a good deal on it cuz it needed a clutch. Have an awesome class A mechanic friend to do the work for me. The day he came to look at things to get an idea of what it was going to take to do the job he had just found out the night before that his wife of 12 years and 3 children was cheating on him. This really messed with his head. He went away for a little while to get evaluated and consoling. Things were a little more stable but he had some stomach ulcer thing like his 4th. Took care of that. Got sick again. Back in the hospital they discovered his body wasn't storing or doing something with potassium right. At last feeling normal again. Eating all kinds of bananas and taking potassium suppliments I think he overdosed on the potassium. His wife found him dead on the floor at age 32.

The 4runner is parked in another friends driveway in Westland with the job half done. The pilot bearing messed up and needs to get pulled out the new clutch is there with new bearing along with new boot shifter gasket thing. Its on jack stands with the transmission laying on the ground ect. He said it wouldn't be too bad what was left that most of the work was getting it apart. My friend and his neighbor have a lot of small kids that play around there and he is concerned about it not being the safest thing for them specially if they start playing under the truck or something. I need a kind soul to help finish the job for not much money as I already pre-paid my friend as he was going through rough times and needed the money bad. My friend who's house its at also needs to find an honest mechanic for some other work that didn't get finished by him either on one of his cars.

Thank you,

-Vince
Old 08-25-2007, 08:57 AM

sorry to hear about your luck, I cant help you any do to the fact I live 9 hours away from you , Good Luck.
Old 08-25-2007, 02:03 PM

bump please...
Old 08-30-2007, 05:43 PM

no luck... any help out there?

Thanks...
Old 08-30-2007, 10:52 PM

Go to the Car Talk website. They have a page of recommended mechanics for different areas. Se if there is one close to you.
Old 08-30-2007, 10:57 PM
Contributing Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Sad story, but unfortunatly, I have limited mechanical skills in that area, and also, one other minor detail, I live in California. If it were closer, I would try to help though. Good luck.
Old 08-31-2007, 10:02 AM

Thanks Scott. I checked the site. Seems like mostly just local Garages. I asked my old Garage mechanic if he would help but there are legal reasons why shops won't do on-site repairs.