Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

please help!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2003, 04:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy please help!!!!!!!

My truck is dying on me. It won't turn over. It sounds like it wants to crank and it seems like it's getting enough ampage but it won't start unless I give a lot of gas. It won't stay on unless I stay on the gas, as soon as I take my foot off the accelerator the truck dies. I just had my head gasket replaced two weeks ago. My bro-in-law said it might be the fuel pump or fuel filter or the timing . I had the timing belt replaced less than 30,000 miles ago. I need the assistance of the yota-techies on this one.
Old 01-29-2003, 04:58 PM
Banned

Clogged injectors?
Old 01-29-2003, 05:41 PM

Vacuum Leak?

Is there a hissing sound from under the hood when you can keep it running (with as little throttle as possible)?

Check all your vacuum hoses.

Scott
Old 01-29-2003, 06:41 PM
Contributing Member

Yeah, as sfrolich said, check for vacuum leaks. I did a bunch of work on my Runner a bit ago, and I had a terrible time getting it started. It ran fine when cold (higher RPMs), but once it got warm it wouldn’t hold idle. Engine would just die. Turns out the vacuum hose to my EGR valve was plugged in the wrong spot.

Maybe air in the fuel line? I dunno. Just a though. All the air should be out by now unless you haven't hardly run it since the head gaskets were replaced.

Did you have the head gaskets done at the dealer? Was it part of the recall? Should be a warranty on the work done to it.

Well, have fun. Hope you get it figured out.
DH6twinotter